Counterfeit Scavenger Hunt

CC97

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EVERYONE in my school is mass ordering from nfljerseysupply.com? Real or not?

I saw some of these at a bengals game. the oranges were extremely different. The white jerseys orange sleeves were neon orange. like deer hunting orange. the orange sleeves on the black jersey looked almost red. besides the color issues, the "B" on the chest was sewn with white bengals stripes instead of black.

I am sitting in Nationwide Arena to watch Jackets v. Blackhawks annoying the gf by pointing out all of the horrible Blackhawk counterfits.

I would say almost half are fakes. Also, a lot of Jacket fans have their own name on their jerseys.

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Alright, well how about this one?

http://www.nfljerseysupply.com/kansas-city-chiefs-7-cassel-white-nfl-jersey-p-2182.html

Been scouring over all the preview photos, can't find anything wrong with them. Chiefs jerseys are pretty plain, so even if it's a "fake", there's not many details for them to screw up.

Nope. Still fake. Anything on that site is, no matter what their pictures look like. The first dead giveaway is the price.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I am sitting in Nationwide Arena to watch Jackets v. Blackhawks annoying the gf by pointing out all of the horrible Blackhawk counterfits.

I would say almost half are fakes. Also, a lot of Jacket fans have their own name on their jerseys.

-Dan

There is the same problem at the United Center. My friends and I made a drinking game out of spotting/pointing out fakes, but had to abandon it since we were spending too much on beer. I have to say that while I hate them, I can understand some people's desire to buy them. I had my authentic Winter Classic on at a recent game and was talking to the guy sitting next to me when his kid says "dad, I want that jersey." About a period later we get to talking again and he asks me where I got mine and how much I paid. I tell him and he goes "man, you got ripped off! You can get those on eBay for less than $50 authentic!" As I start showing him the differences between my authentic bought at Hawk Quarters and the "authentics" some other people are wearing, he gave me two answers that really stuck out in my mind:

1) "Who cares?" - well, I do. Economically speaking, my supply/demand curve has met farther out than evidently half of the arena's. For me, paying more makes sense because I won't wear what I perceive to be an inaccurate piece of clothing.

B) "Hey buddy, my kid is 12. He's going to grow out of it/ruin it/wear it twice a year." - I am glad my dad didn't think that way, but I can see where he is coming from. For a kid who will grow out of something, $3-400 for an authentic hockey sweater is absurd. He made a great point too when he compared it to someone bringing a 5 year old to a World Series game and sitting in the front row.

As for you Dan, I hope you had fun at the game; what a barn-burner! And if you saw a guy get into a fight with Stinger, sorry about that, that was my friend Joe... He was, however, wearing an actual authentic Hawks jersey and thankfully did have his fight-strap secured! Joe - 1, Stinger - 0!

Rob

Alright, well how about this one?

http://www.nfljerseysupply.com/kansas-city-chiefs-7-cassel-white-nfl-jersey-p-2182.html

Been scouring over all the preview photos, can't find anything wrong with them. Chiefs jerseys are pretty plain, so even if it's a "fake", there's not many details for them to screw up.

Nope. Still fake. Anything on that site is, no matter what their pictures look like. The first dead giveaway is the price.

I know anything on that site can be considered a "fake", simply because they're not sewn in whatever other foreign factory the NFL uses, but the Chiefs jersey seems to be as close to authentic as one can hope, and any difference is pretty negligible.

Has anyone noticed anything on the NFL jerseys at www.nfljerseysupply.com? I can't find anything wrong with them yet, but I'm not sure if I trust the site. What do you think?

I just did a detail comparision between the pics they have and the ones at nflshop.com. For a Vikings purple Adrian Peterson jersey, I noticed the Vikings wordmark above the numbers does not have a yellow outline, the serifs and whatnot on the numbers are off, (the fake ones are more blocky than what the Vikes use), and the front collar where the yellow stripe becomes purple next to the NFL logo is a bit off. The differences aren't too huge, but they are not correct. I guess you have to choose between having the prefect jersey for a high price, or a slightly less detailed jersey for half the price. Plus, the shipping at nfljerseysupply is free.

Has anyone noticed anything on the NFL jerseys at www.nfljerseysupply.com? I can't find anything wrong with them yet, but I'm not sure if I trust the site. What do you think?

I just did a detail comparision between the pics they have and the ones at nflshop.com. For a Vikings purple Adrian Peterson jersey, I noticed the Vikings wordmark above the numbers does not have a yellow outline, the serifs and whatnot on the numbers are off, (the fake ones are more blocky than what the Vikes use), and the front collar where the yellow stripe becomes purple next to the NFL logo is a bit off. The differences aren't too huge, but they are not correct. I guess you have to choose between having the prefect jersey for a high price, or a slightly less detailed jersey for half the price. Plus, the shipping at nfljerseysupply is free.

hmm thanks. like 70% of my school (near minneapolis) has favre, peterson or allen jerseys from here and think they are authentic. This outta knock em down a few pegs :D

This will help.

what the hell is ccslc?

-Dan

Yeah, a lot of Jackets fans did/do that. Don't know why, but we do. :P

There is the same problem at the United Center. My friends and I made a drinking game out of spotting/pointing out fakes, but had to abandon it since we were spending too much on beer. I have to say that while I hate them, I can understand some people's desire to buy them. I had my authentic Winter Classic on at a recent game and was talking to the guy sitting next to me when his kid says "dad, I want that jersey." About a period later we get to talking again and he asks me where I got mine and how much I paid. I tell him and he goes "man, you got ripped off! You can get those on eBay for less than $50 authentic!" As I start showing him the differences between my authentic bought at Hawk Quarters and the "authentics" some other people are wearing, he gave me two answers that really stuck out in my mind:

1) "Who cares?" - well, I do. Economically speaking, my supply/demand curve has met farther out than evidently half of the arena's. For me, paying more makes sense because I won't wear what I perceive to be an inaccurate piece of clothing.

B) "Hey buddy, my kid is 12. He's going to grow out of it/ruin it/wear it twice a year." - I am glad my dad didn't think that way, but I can see where he is coming from. For a kid who will grow out of something, $3-400 for an authentic hockey sweater is absurd. He made a great point too when he compared it to someone bringing a 5 year old to a World Series game and sitting in the front row.

As for you Dan, I hope you had fun at the game; what a barn-burner! And if you saw a guy get into a fight with Stinger, sorry about that, that was my friend Joe... He was, however, wearing an actual authentic Hawks jersey and thankfully did have his fight-strap secured! Joe - 1, Stinger - 0!

Rob

Whaaaaat? Our beloved bug lost a fight? No!!!!!! :(

6fQjS3M.png

Unless the logo is wrong or the font is wrong, how can you tell the "fake" authentic jersey isn't as good as yours from afar?

Especially on hockey jerseys. I saw the football video, which has some errors because I am looking at the NFL players logo on NFL Shop right now and it is red and white, not multi color.

You can find real authentic jerseys on ebay at good prices without them being rip offs.

2ly2w09.jpg

Unless the logo is wrong or the font is wrong, how can you tell the "fake" authentic jersey isn't as good as yours from afar?

Especially on hockey jerseys. I saw the football video, which has some errors because I am looking at the NFL players logo on NFL Shop right now and it is red and white, not multi color.

You can find real authentic jerseys on ebay at good prices without them being rip offs.

Most of the time, you tell the difference between a fake and real jersey from afar - especially at the Winter Classic. Picking off all the fake Bruins jerseys was fun.

And as for eBay, the bad part is that 95% of jerseys on eBay right now are fakes. eBay doesn't even care, which is the worst part.

what the hell is ccslc?

EVERYONE in my school is mass ordering from nfljerseysupply.com? Real or not?

I saw some of these at a bengals game. the oranges were extremely different. The white jerseys orange sleeves were neon orange. like deer hunting orange. the orange sleeves on the black jersey looked almost red. besides the color issues, the "B" on the chest was sewn with white bengals stripes instead of black.

I've seen a ton of those jerseys. I look at the B that's outlined in black with white tiger stripes and I think "how can that not bother the crap out of you!". It looks like a photo negative.

-Dan

I have noticed that. I was never sure if it was disproportionate to our fan base because I haven't really been to any road NHL games (except for one in Nashville), but it does seem like a lot of our fans get their own names lettered. I used to be the guy that did it actually. I worked the heat press in the arena team store for one winter break. I hated putting nicknames on jerseys and I hated when people would get one of the big stars' numbers and then ask for their own name. My theory for why this is is that we haven't had enough big stars so people get their own names lettered onto their jerseys. Or, Columbus, Ohio just has a higher number of dorks than the average city.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived