Counterfeit Scavenger Hunt

CC97

Shaquille Oneal Orlando Magic Sewn ROOKIE Jersey NWT 50

A poor replica of the Magic's "Orlando" wordmark with a wholly inaccurate number font which appears to be that of the Miami Heat painted blue. I really hope no one falls for this one.

91ef_2.JPG

I am so pissed that I sold a Champion outlet Shaq Orlando authentic (the size tag was cut in half) for $20 on eBay 8 years ago. I got it for $10 at Value City.

1zgyd8w.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

very angry and upset.

i purchased a canucks jersey last week on ebay for 65 dollars.

here is the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=280269274637

the picture of the jersey is totally the real deal. trust me, i know what my canucks' jerseys look like. i could spot a fake.

well, i recieved the jersey and it a complete fake.

the front crest and shoulder patches are wrong, the number font on the back wrong as well.

i am asking for a refund, on the grounds that the jersey was not as described.

and let me tell ya..im ticked.

for reference, this is pretty much what i received...

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-ROBERTO-LUONGO-NASLU...emZ260299374175

f602_1.JPG

What the hell is that one?

philly eagles. supposedly.

Yeah, Reggie White I'm assuming. That's interesting though... I'm sure if the Eagles had kept the old logo, they would probably have an alternate that looks something like that by now...

f602_1.JPG

What the hell is that one?

philly eagles. supposedly.

Yeah, Reggie White I'm assuming. That's interesting though... I'm sure if the Eagles had kept the old logo, they would probably have an alternate that looks something like that by now...

yeah, and dare i say, i actually really like it:)

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

• 2 weeks later...

well we got that New Yawk feeling goin on, now here go bootlegs from Dairyland...

Favre college jersey

119f_1.JPG

Ryan Braun college jersey

f748_1.JPG

Favre "Pro Bowl" jersey

4f98_1.JPG

ugh...I wouldn't dignify going to this guy's store for anything more than laughter. like they say though, this thread's reason for existence is to point them counterfeits out.

http://stores.ebay.com/Moxie-Jersey-Co

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• 2 months later...
very angry and upset.

i purchased a canucks jersey last week on ebay for 65 dollars.

here is the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=280269274637

the picture of the jersey is totally the real deal. trust me, i know what my canucks' jerseys look like. i could spot a fake.

well, i recieved the jersey and it a complete fake.

the front crest and shoulder patches are wrong, the number font on the back wrong as well.

i am asking for a refund, on the grounds that the jersey was not as described.

and let me tell ya..im ticked.

for reference, this is pretty much what i received...

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-ROBERTO-LUONGO-NASLU...emZ260299374175

I guess reviving this thread I found will help me point something out. My dad got me an Ovechkin jersey from this guy (zone-sports) on eBay and it was a fake. The colors were off. Just looking at the item description made me laugh on that Canucks one. With the Naslund jersey, you have the pre-EDGE throwback (with the numbers and shoulder patches he has on this jersey), while you have the post-EDGE on Luongo with obviously different patches.

well we got that New Yawk feeling goin on, now here go bootlegs from Dairyland...

Favre college jersey

119f_1.JPG

Ryan Braun college jersey

f748_1.JPG

Favre "Pro Bowl" jersey

4f98_1.JPG

ugh...I wouldn't dignify going to this guy's store for anything more than laughter. like they say though, this thread's reason for existence is to point them counterfeits out.

http://stores.ebay.com/Moxie-Jersey-Co

Oh, and here's a "Milwaukee Brewers throwback" people are actually bidding on. I feel sorry for those people.

6fQjS3M.png

I have a current problem very similar to that of another fairly recent poster in this thread. I bought a Red Wings Pavel Datsyuk Winter Classic jersey on Ebay and it turns out it's a counterfeit. As the other person said, the picture in the auction listing is clearly of a real Reebok jersey. However when I got mine, it wasn't all that close. Unfortunately, this SOB still has 100% perfect feedback because his buyers have no clue the difference between frauds and the real thing. I knew mine was fake as soon as I saw the Reebok logo on the back of the neck.

Let me mention the "questionables" with this entire thing...

1. I can't believe I didn't think on this one, but the item location was listed as "Canada/US, United States." In retrospect, that should've been a dead ringer that the seller was hiding something. As it turns out, he was. The jersey actually came from China, which flat out makes it obvious that it's a counterfeit jersey. I wouldn't have even bid had I known that.

2. As I mentioned earlier, the first thing I noticed when I opened up my jersey was the Reebok logo on the back of the neck. On all Reebok NHL jerseys (even the replicas), the Reebok logo on the back of the neck is an actual patch. In the case of this one, it's not a patch, but just a stitched outline of the Reebok logo.

3. On the Red Wings' Winter Classic jerseys, the little piece of fabric on the front of the neck featuring the NHL logo (behind the tie strings) was red. I remember that from the game. On the jersey I recieved, that little piece of fabric was white. Too big of a detail for Reebok to mess up, another clear sign of a counterfeit.

4. The Red Wings logo on the shoulders isn't right. I haven't exactly figured out how to describe the patch, but I just know it clearly isn't right. I don't know if it's a patch made for a red Red Wings jersey that was put on a white one. It could be a patch that wasn't exactly finished with all of the coloring. Or whoever made the jersey couldn't exactly duplicate the logo. I don't think its the last one though because the logo itself looks ok, it's the coloring that's off. It's missing a great deal of red coloring and is way too white.

5. The jersey I thought I was buying had a red "A" patch on the front representing Datsyuk's status as an alternate captain on the Wings. The jersey I had was missing the "A."

Just curious, how should I go about resolving this, anybody have experience? I used Paypal, which is good, so I can obviously dispute the charge and hopefully get my money back there. I've also reported the problem to Ebay and am waiting for a response from them on what to do there. I'm kind of waiting for some advice before I advance with any actions because I'd like the guy to be caught red handed selling fake merchandise. Should I go after the refund using Paypal immediately or should I wait for Ebay to handle their part of it? Any ideas what they're going to want me to do with the jersey?

Also, when I file for a refund, do I do it under the category of "item not as described"? Or do I flat out call out the fake? I've never had to do that with Paypal before so I'm not completely sure how it works. I know without calling out the fake, I could already file for a refund for "item not as described" because of the missing "A" on the front. I just don't know if its beneficial to call out the counterfeit right away or not.

I don't want to ship it back to the seller for obvious reasons. I'm sure it'd be expensive to ship it to wherever he lives. Just because it came from China, that doesn't necessarily mean that's where he is, but that's all I have to go by now. Not to mention I'd never see that money again. Then I also don't want to "aid" him by restocking a counterfeit jersey.

Any help here would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Carolina Panthers

Dallas Mavericks

Detroit Red Wings

Florida Marlins

Manchester City Football Club

Archived