Counterfeit Scavenger Hunt

CC97

eh, just some more Value City/TJ Maxx/Marshalls screen-print goofs

Also, if you want a nice challenge, try finding a Sidney Crosby jersey that ISN'T fake. Especially a Winter Classic one or any "authentic" one. What, because someone put a Winter Classic patch or a fight strap on it, it's real? Hahahaha.

Although I suppose the NHL should be flattered, used to be only the NFL and NBA got awful knockoffs.

I want to smack people I see wearing these jerseys at Penguins games.

1zgyd8w.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6a40_1.JPG

I had NO IDEA Sweden decided to adopt the colors of the flag of Finland!

From the description:

"THIS IS NOT ONE OF THOSE CHEAP JERSEYS THAT ARE HEAT APPLIED AND WILL FALL OFF AFTER ONE WASHING-YOU KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!"

No, it's one of those cheap jerseys where they can't even get the colors right... :rolleyes:

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

• 2 weeks later...

The whole thing with the Whalers breaks my heart. All those jerseys are crappy fakes or stupidly expensive.

I am so mad that I didn't buy that Starter Shanahan jersey for $30 way back when. No, I bought the diagonal Brett Hull Blues jersey because he actually still played for the team at the time.

1zgyd8w.jpg

Well, I stumbled across a huge counterfeit fiend on eBay. As always, I was looking to buy, and I can see instantly that his stuff must be fake, and so have others:

-sells fake jersey's DON'T BUY

-I HAVE MANY MITCHELL AND NESS JERSEY'S, HE SENT ME A FAKE, DON'T BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aaaand yet people still buy:

-great jersey, great price, thanks alot.

-Super fast shipping. Great communication and best jersey I have ever seen!!! A++

(for those of you wondering, the last comment was for this)

Here are the pics for the jerseys I'm looking at; other ones have received comments such as "awesome jersey and service."

BrewersFake.png

Seriously.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-AUTHENTIC-BREWERS-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Yeah I saw that disaster too.

With a jersey like that... I don't get how that happens. It's the numbers that belong on the white or grey jerseys... why not just take the numbers off yourself (very easy to do), get a white jersey and put the numbers on that, and sell it, then sell the blue one too.

You'd make a lot more money that way... idiots.

http://cgi.ebay.com/WAYNE-GRETZKY-NY-RANGE...1QQcmdZViewItem

What's wrong with this Gretzky jersey? I can't articulate anything other than "it just looks off". Although the the hem and neck tags raise red flags for me too.

http://tinyurl.com/26pmeq

or try that link

It's not your prototypical awful Ebay knockoff...One thing I do notice (and I may be wrong on this) is that the jersey material is too thin...It does not seem to be a bad buy to someone who is not too picky about knockoff vs. legit authentics...but the price alone tells you its a fake....Whomever produced it though, did their homework...I'll give them that.

It's not your prototypical awful Ebay knockoff...One thing I do notice (and I may be wrong on this) is that the jersey material is too thin...

But the Rangers (and Avalanche) DID use that weird football-jersey mesh material in the Starter era when everyone else had Airknit or even Ultrafil. That's another thing tripping me up. Can't find Rangers pics but the Avs had it from 95-96 (their first year) up through 99-00 (on ProPlayer jerseys, in 00-01 they switched to CCM and traditional material).

1zgyd8w.jpg

Yeah, that's a Brett Favre Falcons jersey.

I love the ones that are chronologically wrong. I went to the Bucks game on Friday, and there was someone with a new green TJ Ford jersey, and someone with an old purple Charlie Villanueva jersey. It's wrong because when they switched from the purple to green jerseys, they traded TJ Ford away and acquired Charlie Villanueva (that same season). So Ford never wore the green and Charlie V never wore the purple.

http://cgi.ebay.com/WAYNE-GRETZKY-NY-RANGE...1QQcmdZViewItem

What's wrong with this Gretzky jersey? I can't articulate anything other than "it just looks off". Although the the hem and neck tags raise red flags for me too.

http://tinyurl.com/26pmeq

or try that link

It's not your prototypical awful Ebay knockoff...One thing I do notice (and I may be wrong on this) is that the jersey material is too thin...It does not seem to be a bad buy to someone who is not too picky about knockoff vs. legit authentics...but the price alone tells you its a fake....Whomever produced it though, did their homework...I'll give them that.

The "WAYNE GRETZKY SET 2 1998-99 SEASON" patch is throwing me off. My understanding it that "set patches" are put on fame worn jerseys to auction off, like Gretzky's last season. That still doesn't take into account that Gretzky wouldn't wear different sized jerseys.

Friar%20Canuck.jpgfriarcanuck.png

Awesome, now Meigray tags are being faked!

http://tinyurl.com/6dgb8a

Hopefully a bunch of these show up at once, maybe people will wonder why there are so many Crosby WC jerseys and why they are so cheap.

Barry said over at gameworn.net that (a) the tag number is from Alain Nasreddine's jersey and (b ) last time he checked he didn't work for MeiGray Groop (sic)

1zgyd8w.jpg

Awesome, now Meigray tags are being faked!

http://tinyurl.com/6dgb8a

Hopefully a bunch of these show up at once, maybe people will wonder why there are so many Crosby WC jerseys and why they are so cheap.

Barry said over at gameworn.net that (a) the tag number is from Alain Nasreddine's jersey and (b ) last time he checked he didn't work for MeiGray Groop (sic)

Anyone know why in the Hell both Reebok and CCM are on that sucker? I thought they were two separate companies.

I'm not a huge hockey guy(I only watch the 'Game of the Week'), so please: Crucify me gently.

Sigs are for sissies.

Anyone know why in the Hell both Reebok and CCM are on that sucker? I thought they were two separate companies.

I'm not a huge hockey guy(I only watch the 'Game of the Week'), so please: Crucify me gently.

Reebok owns CCM now

totally forgiveable for someone who is "not a huge hockey guy" to be in the dark about, no problem

1zgyd8w.jpg

Archived