Counterfeit Scavenger Hunt

CC97

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure what this is supposed to be. They clearly can't believe that anyone would mistake that for a Sabres jersey, would they?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Let's play spot the differences, shall we?

The patch I got from eBay:

tbirdebay.jpg

The patch that is on my authentic jersey that I bought at the beginning of last season:

tbirdauth.jpg

Every image on the Tbirds website looks like the eBay patch. So what the hell did I buy from the stand at the Tbirds game? Perhaps I should get my $190 back from the team.

• 1 month later...

This guy has probably appeared here before, but just in case...

Look at the number of items he's got going...

Example: Sakic

At least he doesn't claim it's an original...

Most teams I've seen, he has the template right...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Scam Alert:

If anyone is buying football jerseys, there is a guy who claims to be an agent/representative . . . his name is Ben Delanoy and he "works" out of Plant City, Florida. The problem with this scam artist is, his firm Next Level Sports, seems to represent none of the people on his website. So if you happen on to the website of one of the players mentioned, and see that player's jersey is up for sale, don't deal with this loser.

I got taken on what I thought was going to be Avon Cobourne's (Cologne Centurions, Detroit Lions, Montreal Als) black Cologne jersey. One of the best color combos.logos oyt there and one of my favorite players. The @*#(*$*&%@ took the money, the jersey never showed up. Surprise!

I only got taken for $162.50, but be aware of this cheat.

RARE LOS ANGELES KINGS BURGER 3RD ALT HOCKEY JERSEY LGE

5692_1_sbl.JPG

Oh come on!!

You cannot promote that as a Burger King 3rd Alt and not come clean that it's a Kings Alt crest slapped on an all-star blank. That's just plain :censored:ty.

Come clean and sell it as a fantasy jersey since it actually doesn't look too horrible since the colors of the jersey match the logos, but to try to pass that off as a legit Burger King alt to the masses who don't know any better makes my blood boil. :cursing:

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

There are a ton of awful Sidney Crosby jerseys now. The old-style ones are particularly bad--the numbers and letters aren't even close.

I've also seen some Edge fakes. They aren't as egregious, but you can tell they are fakes because they have fight straps AND a sleeve logo.

1zgyd8w.jpg

So it's a Carson Palmer jersey in that it's orange, black, and says 9. Awesome

Jersey counterfeiters are one of the biggest reasons why eBay ditching negative feedback from sellers was a great idea. Just try leaving a negative "counterfeit jersey AVOID" comment on one of those powersellers. Guaranteed retaliatory negative.

1zgyd8w.jpg

RARE LOS ANGELES KINGS BURGER 3RD ALT HOCKEY JERSEY LGE

5692_1_sbl.JPG

Oh come on!!

You cannot promote that as a Burger King 3rd Alt and not come clean that it's a Kings Alt crest slapped on an all-star blank. That's just plain :censored:ty.

Come clean and sell it as a fantasy jersey since it actually doesn't look too horrible since the colors of the jersey match the logos, but to try to pass that off as a legit Burger King alt to the masses who don't know any better makes my blood boil. :cursing:

Actually, this is BETTER than the actual 1994 alternate jersey. Gretz would have looked awesome in this one.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, what do you think of this one. It has all the requirements, the auction even specifically says its a Nike (fakes usually just say "new with tags" but never mention the maker. I'm probably gonna buy this, anybody see any reason not to?

edit: great, the link wasnt working, heres a pic

c7bb_1.JPG

14ilxq9.png

I don't know if its been posted in the past 20 pages, but these have really bothered me for awhile...

http://cgi.ebay.ca/EDMONTON-OILERS-11-Mark...1QQcmdZViewItem

8d8d_1.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Edmonton-Oilers-35-DWAY...1QQcmdZViewItem

30e5_1.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Throwback-80s-Wayne-Gre...1QQcmdZViewItem

f41a_3.JPG

The worst thing is - people actually buy these! I've seen more than a fair share of the Gretzky's at the games.

5692_1_sbl.JPG

This thing sold for $86. :cursing:

I can only hope the buyer knew it was a mis-matched crest and jersey and not a legit Kings Alt. That seller should be ashamed of how he described it, making it sound authentic.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Archived