Counterfeit Scavenger Hunt

CC97

On ebay, isn't it all about feedback? the better it is, the less chances you have of being treated like a bangkok hooker with that purchase?

No. The only people who can leave feedback are those who have actually purchased products. Therefore they would have to believe that the product is somehow worth buying. If they receive the item as pictured in any reasonable amount of time, buyers will leave positive feedback; their assessment of the worth of the pictured item has already been made by the time they complete their purchase.

You will notice that most of these sellers we have obviously identified as fakers have feedback in the thousands and over 99% positive.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Mike Modano Dallas Stars Rare Jersey Must See!!!!

Uh, "rare" because no one has thought to screw one up with a jersey/lettering customization combination exactly like this one.

What you have there is a 1999 Road jersey with a 1999 Alternate letting kit on it. Sorry, no gold trim on those black jerseys - ever. :hockeysmiley:

My favorite ebay auction today is this one.

Marian Hossa Thrashers Jersey "Get in time for the playoffs. Hot item. Fast shipping!!"

Uh, it's freaking JULY. I would hope to have it in time for the playoffs 9 months from now!!

By the way, did any of you see the proposed Wild Wing Returns alternate jersey that was to have been worn starting the lockout season of 2004-05?

06d0_1.JPG

When Disney sold the team in early 2005 the plan was scrapped and the jerseys were never worn and the new owner just stuck with the black alts they had been wearing.

Ahh, what could have been.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

This is just flat out the best customizing job ever, ever, ever!

d268_1.JPG

Ooooh, so real you can almost hear the goal horn blaring as you become Pavel Bure the minute you put it on... :D

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

There are a lot of $hitty ones on E-Bay lately that look like that Miller one.

I've seen plenty of them around here the past year due to all the bandwagoners not even aware of the fake jersey theyre wearing.

bufg.png

In addition to the crap letters and numbers, I thought the new style of Sabres jerseys (and all recent replicas) didn't have that NHL puck logo on the back hem. I bought an Oilers replica from the last Reebok sale and it didn't have a logo there at all. None of the Malkin or Crosby jerseys I ever saw in a store had them, either.

1zgyd8w.jpg

Slightly O/T, but it belongs here as much as it does anywhere else.

I was walking to my local deli to grab some dinner (FYI for those on the Jersey side of the Philadelphia area: The Kibbitz Room in Cherry Hill is teh roxxors when looking for a good Jewish deli, pickle bar and all. Thank me later.) and along my walk I passed a sporting goods store that I don't think is a chain. They've never had really good selection for higher-end merchandise, but what they've put in their display window is egregiously bad. I apologize for the glare on the window, it was late afternoon and I wasn't waiting 'til dark; you should still be able to see my horror.

yankees.jpg

It's bad enough that they put names on the back of current Yankees replicas, but is this fooling anybody? The store was closed, so I don't know what they're charging for this schlock. Good gracious!

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

• 2 weeks later...

Going through the listings for football shirts, and I came upon this one. Find the obvious error. It's supposed to be an 06/07 Werder Bremen home shirt.

bundes_wbremen__home_white_gr.jpg

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Either the pictures are a reflection, or some poor (not financially) dyslexic kid sewed the crest on it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Chicago-Black-NHL-jers...1QQcmdZViewItem

8b68_1.JPG

8b02_1.JPG

true, the 'Hawks make it way too easy to rag on em nowadays, but either way it's very fitting.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• 3 weeks later...

Mike Modano "Signed" North Stars Jersey

http://cgi.ebay.com/MIKE-MODANO-Minnesota-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Wrong crest for a jersey of that era and the drop shadow should be yellow, not black. And to think this guy has charged hundreds of dollars for more jerseys like this.

Another odd Modano North Stars jersey, this time with the drop shadow going the wrong way.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MINNESOTA-NORTH-STARS-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Archived