New Tiger-Cat uniforms unveiled tomorrow

Pixelboy

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
whats the team that is using the exact template as the Atlanta Falcons? ( i mean in the CFL, not the Arizona Cardinals :P )

Actually, when Reebok unveiled their original proposed designs at the CFL's Board of Governors meetings a few months ago, the leaked phonecam photos indicated that they all resembled the Falcons. Most teams nixed Reebok's proposals, since it appeared that Reebok was "mailing it in" and was trying to pawn off their existing stock designs. Most teams demanded substantial changes apparently. There has been persistent chatter that Calgary and Ottawa haven't strayed far from the Falcons look, but we shall soon see.

According to people who attended the live event, the new unis look better in person than the newspaper photo I posted here. Many say it's a bad photo, not representative somehow. There's supposed to be a formal CFL/Reebok press conference unveiling in a few days in Toronto where all 9 teams are going to be on display.

whats the team that is using the exact template as the Atlanta Falcons? ( i mean in the CFL, not the Arizona Cardinals :P )

Of the original bunch, it was the BC Lions third black if I recall correctly. The only difference was the substitution of orange for red.

I hope you're on the money Pixelboy. I recall that there were a couple of Falcons style jerseys but that a bunch of them were based on the Texans template. I was particularly disappointed with the Lions given that they're my favourites. I was/still am really looking forward to the orange home jerseys. However, the phone photos showed something that looked like a gussied up practice jersey. It was underwhelming to say the least. Their throwbacks of two years ago were vastly superior to Reebok's initial efforts.

Of the original bunch, it was the BC Lions third black if I recall correctly. The only difference was the substitution of orange for red.

I hope you're on the money Pixelboy. I recall that there were a couple of Falcons style jerseys but that a bunch of them were based on the Texans template. I was particularly disappointed with the Lions given that they're my favourites. I was/still am really looking forward to the orange home jerseys. However, the phone photos showed something that looked like a gussied up practice jersey. It was underwhelming to say the least. Their throwbacks of two years ago were vastly superior to Reebok's initial efforts.

Did you realy like the trhowback? I thought it was a great plan but poor execution. The jerseys were ok. Just a solid orange with white/black sleeve stripes, but the solid black pants and solid black paw logo on the helmet left a bit to be desired.

Those are...

interesting I guess. Just look a bit odd like something you would create on Madden.

Actually they do---They're closer to the Ticat ones I did than the ones I based them on.

I'm sure there are TiCat fans who are disappointed that after they returned to yellow pants last yera they're back to black ones

(I already did the new helmets for MAdden, and to be on the safe side did sriped and non striped versions--personally I prefer them without the stripe.

Overall thouh I'm shaking my head--those pants stripes are weird--I hope the other teams are better...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

The CFL has made the formal announcement that a press conference will be held in Toronto on Tuesday, where all of the new Reebok unis for all teams will be shown. Apparently, two players from each team will be on hand to model the new duds. The cfl.ca website mentions that photos will be posted there following the presser.

The article in the paper that this link gets you to mentions a few times that the Ti-Cats are wearing... CAPRI PANTS?!?! :wacko:

Ick.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Did you realy like the trhowback? I thought it was a great plan but poor execution. The jerseys were ok. Just a solid orange with white/black sleeve stripes, but the solid black pants and solid black paw logo on the helmet left a bit to be desired.

I liked them. I thought they could have been done better, but all-in-all, they were fine for what they were which was a one year tip-of-the-hat to teams past. However, they were vastly superior to the one I saw that is the alleged new Lions jersey. If I recall, it was all orange, no sleeve striping and had a paw on either shoulder. Like I said, it looked more like a practice jersey.

Personally, I think orange is tremendously underutilized in pro sports. The Lions could have wonderful jerseys but I'm just a bit apprehensive based on what I saw.

The article in the paper that this link gets you to mentions a few times that the Ti-Cats are wearing... CAPRI PANTS?!?!  :wacko:

Ick.

LOL yeah, that's rich. The paper had the bright idea of having a women's fashion reporter do a critique of the uniforms.

Here is a link to an article in monday's Spectator about the Ticat uniform unveiling on saturday, with a photo (B&W) of the team mascot wearing the new home uniform, showing the back of it. It looks like they're going with gold lettering for the nameplates. The numbers on the back look a bit oversized, but they'll probably look better stretched over an actual lineman's torso.

Or even on that fan in the photo... Hey Darryl, a few trips to the salad bar might be an idea.

http://www.hamiltonspectator.com/pdfs/20050502/SP2.pdf

Reminder that the Reebok/CFL press conference to unveil all 9 team sets is tuesday.

I'm not sure about these. The side view in that pic of Morreale and Carter makes them look bad, but that's without pads. The concept drawings look better, but I think they'd be better off wearing white pants with black jersey, and vice versa. The socks are terrible. I looked at the online store, and I think the replica jerseys will look better due to the sleeve stripes being noticable.

Archived