New Vikings Unforms *merged*

RickV

Id say regular fans do notice it.. and pretty much agree with what we have to say... Either that or my friends are nerdy like me. 

I showed like 4 of them this thread with the new vikings unis... pretty much all of them said "uhhh they suck" or "those are ugly" even one I think mentioned the similarity to the cardinals....

All I have to say... They could have gone in a much better direction with these

Then mock it up.

I'm not saying your opinion's not valid, but it's quite easy to say that "they could've done better" with out showing how you think they could have.

The design process is tough enough trying to please the client and meet their goals without the peanut gallery offering empty critism. Again, I'm not saying non-designers aren't entitled to their opinion, but I'm of the opinion that there is maybe a grand total of about 5-10 people on these boards that could have done a comparable job of freshening up these uniforms and acheiving the goals that I'm guessing the Vikings wanted to meet with this re-design.

Agreed. Not that I'm one of the 10 people, but there are designers and there are design fans. People know what they like. However, what a fan likes or dislikes is often corrupted by sentimentality or resistance to change. Although they may also be sports fans, designers (usually) are trained in good design. Sports uniforms are not designed for the few hard-core fans. They need to appeal to the casual fan and their tastes in fashion.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is a black outline we already discussed this . I myself have a Riddell mini helmet already and guess what it is BLACK! END OF STORY!

Easy there, slick. I hadn't heard one way or another officially.

We all know that Riddell mini helmets released 5 months before the start of the season are gospel, and all...

I'll agree that the Riddell mini-helmets aren't always the best representation, but there really is a black outline as shown in PANTONE's post from May 1 (on pg 32 of this thread):

Here's an official comparison of the old vs. new helmet designs:

MinnesotaVikings_HelmetCompare.jpg

Surprising that it's THAT different...

The horn decal needs to be pressed down in one spot.

That's bothering the hell out of me.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I am much more annoyed by the sparkly helmet. I just can't handle it when teams go from their classy traditional helmet to something that looks like a 1970s motorcycle helmet. The Vikes and many others ruined their helmets in this way years ago, and while I keep hoping that they will remedy the situation at some point, it is starting to look like it will never happen.

I am much more annoyed by the sparkly helmet. I just can't handle it when teams go from their classy traditional helmet to something that looks like a 1970s motorcycle helmet. The Vikes and many others ruined their helmets in this way years ago, and while I keep hoping that they will remedy the situation at some point, it is starting to look like it will never happen.

True, and even the black helmets (like the hated Falcons) are that way. Oddly, the Saints' helmets are metallic gold and don't look that sparkly.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived