New Vikings Unforms *merged*

RickV

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It would be unnecessary to add a black outline on the helmet in my opinion. The purple is dark enough to act as the shadows on the horn.

Does it really matter? Look how hard we're trying to figure out whether it's black or purple. I still can't tell what color it is and I wouldn't think it would much different either way.

Unless we're all trying to be anti-black uniform purists.

I'll report back on Monday or Tuesday when I get the official stuff...

Yep. It's Black trim. All the way around the horn, and in the detail of it.

Why? Not sure. But there it is.

New horn is not near as nice as the old one. Looks like the recent "improvements" to snack food (candy, chips, etc.) where the designer adds some dimention and surrounds it with a black outline. Unfortunate.

Agreed.

Here's an official comparison of the old vs. new helmet designs:

MinnesotaVikings_HelmetCompare.jpg

Surprising that it's THAT different...

I'll ask, even though you have it that way in the picture - is the facemask purple? Put me in the "it looks black" camp from the pictures posted earlier.

It's where I sit.

I'll ask, even though you have it that way in the picture - is the facemask purple? Put me in the "it looks black" camp from the pictures posted earlier.

All the official graphics have the facemask as Purple...

I'll ask, even though you have it that way in the picture - is the facemask purple?  Put me in the "it looks black" camp from the pictures posted earlier.

All the official graphics have the facemask as Purple...

Thanks, Pantone! Just goes to show how accurate mini helmets are :D

It's where I sit.

The curve of the horn, as shown on the photo of the new helmet, looks more like the old version (the one on the left on Pantone's example) than the new version as Panton showed.

But looks can be deceiving, and I've found that out with Pantone before. Pantone knows on these subjects. So maybe I'm wrong. Or maybe Pantone got some wrong information. Can you look into it, Pantone?

For some reason when i look at the updated helment, i think it came out of a comic book. Dont ask me why but thats the first thing i think off when i see the helment.

4kv29i.jpg

The curve of the horn, as shown on the photo of the new helmet, looks more like the old version (the one on the left on Pantone's example) than the new version as Panton showed.

But looks can be deceiving, and I've found that out with Pantone before. Pantone knows on these subjects. So maybe I'm wrong. Or maybe Pantone got some wrong information. Can you look into it, Pantone?

Wow. That's a lot of Pantone. :rolleyes:

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

Man, those unis look awful. I shall go hang Pepp in effigy. If it wasn't for him and the Love Boat scandal, we wouldn't need to change our identity...

Not changing until the Dallas Stars give all their pre-Dallas history, logos, colors, unis, name, etc. to the Minnesota Wild.

One second thought, maybe they aren't so bad. At least the horn on the helmet looks like a friggin' horn instead of a bizzare looking fireball. Now I have to get a new customized Vikings jersey. They're not as cheap as they used to be on NFL.com.

Not changing until the Dallas Stars give all their pre-Dallas history, logos, colors, unis, name, etc. to the Minnesota Wild.

Both helmet examples are official NFL graphics. These things aren't infallible, but they're as official as it gets.

Archived