New Vikings Unforms *merged*

RickV

Looks like they went to the Philadelphia Eagles school of helmet modifications. I like it, except that there isn't any other black on the uniform. A little black trim somewhere else would be OK just to tie it all together.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like it, except that there isn't any other black on the uniform. A little black trim somewhere else would be OK just to tie it all together.

See: Kansas City Chiefs.

It's not like they added black. There's black in the Norseman logo. I don't see what the big deal is, I think the horn actually pops out a bit more in black than it does without it.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

It's not like they added black. There's black in the Norseman logo. I don't see what the big deal is, I think the horn actually pops out a bit more in black than it does without it.

I agree entirely. The black is noticeable if only because it accentuates the new helmet details. I honestly don't see why it's an issue.

And if you really need to see black added elsewhere to the uniform to justify this change, look to the shoes.

I'm always against adding balck to things; A's, Mets, Royals, Eagles alternate, etc...

but in this instance, it makes sense and I like it. It pops, gives it more depth, not so flat. They didnt "add black" to their scheme, just used it a little bit to make something stand out better.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Looks like they went to the Philadelphia Eagles school of helmet modifications. I like it, except that there isn't any other black on the uniform. A little black trim somewhere else would be OK just to tie it all together.

thats why they added the black shoes. makes sense.

Eh, they dont look that bad at all. I couldnt tell from the pictures, does the purple match now?

It has since around 2002, when they changed to the current shade of Purple, and started painting the helmets in a metallic.

We're straying off topic. Anyway, it's official: I love the new unis.

Not changing until the Dallas Stars give all their pre-Dallas history, logos, colors, unis, name, etc. to the Minnesota Wild.

I like it, except that there isn't any other black on the uniform. A little black trim somewhere else would be OK just to tie it all together.

See: Kansas City Chiefs.

I've posted in other topics that the Chefs could get away with adding a little black trim on their uniforms. I'm not as anti-adding black as most people on here, and I like the new Vikes helmet w/ the black. I just think there should be a little black on the jerseys and pants to go with it (the shoes don't count to me, since even though they are black, everyone's are different.)

Maybe they could have added a think black piping line between the white side-panel and yellow trim?

Actually, adding it outside of the yellow trim would be better, since then you'd have (on the purple jersey) purple touching black touching yellow touching white, which is how the helmet works.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'll ask, even though you have it that way in the picture - is the facemask purple?  Put me in the "it looks black" camp from the pictures posted earlier.

All the official graphics have the facemask as Purple...

The facemask is purple, but it is a really dark purple. I zoomed in on a photo of it.

I'll ask, even though you have it that way in the picture - is the facemask purple?  Put me in the "it looks black" camp from the pictures posted earlier.

All the official graphics have the facemask as Purple...

The facemask is purple, but it is a really dark purple. I zoomed in on a photo of it.

It may LOOK different, but "officially", it's all the same shade of Purple.

I think the potential difference is in the metallic sheen on the helmet vs. the coated material used in the facemask.

Archived