Mike vick hurt

Hbomb90

I think it sucks for Atlanta since they pretty much handed the entire franchise to him. Now they have Doug Johnson to look to. ???

And for my topic hijacking, I must say that the Falcons' uniforms have grown on me. I was watching the game last night and they actually don't look all that bad. This is a big step for me in letting go of my cynicism, since I was one of the Falcons' biggest critics during their unveiling. I still don't think the logo is incredible, but it's bearable. Thank goodness I'm a Jaguars fan. :)

EA's curse of Madden strikes again.  All the coverboys of the game have had following bad years, Faulk,McNabb, now Vick (and others I can't think of off the top of my head).  Well maybe this year the Falcons won't blow out my Panthers like last year.  I was at the Charlotte game and for a half full stadium, with half of that folks up from Atlanta, Vick put on a such a show, only a handful stayed past halftime.  51-0 Atlanta was the final.  He'll be back and in business again before too long, he is that good.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

They won't go all the way, cuz the Rams are gonna, but think they might get close?

Rams '99 preseason. St. Louis led by Trent Green is tearing it up, the season has a great outlook. 2nd 3rd or 4th (I think 3rd, but don't remember) preseason game vs. the Chargers, Green recieves a cheap shot from the one guy on the chargers, I think his name starts with an H. Rams seem down and out again to most. Finally a good outlook and then bam. Vermeil announces Kurt Warner will lead this team. Most of the team has to look back as they say "Who?". Warner does indeed lead the Rams, and the rest as they say is history.

Sounds a bit similar to the Falcons if you ask me. I've not heard much about this Johnson, but I'm thinking he's not a hyped up out of college rookie, but rather a guy who's bounced around a little. I could be wrong, though.

I'm am excited that my man Kurt Kittner should see some playing time now.

Doug johnson was a florida quarterback.

They are always successful pros, so im sure the falcons will be fine.

hey, look at shane matthews....wait

hey, look at danny wuerrful...wait, no.

hey at least the bears got rex grossman.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espngamer/story?id=1594186

ps. the falcons are screwed.

pps. i planned not to draft vick in my other leagues cuz of the madden cover. call me superstious but ive been burned twice by the 'curse'

• 3 months later...

He'll be back and in business again before too long, he is that good.

last night he looked very much like he did to us last year (30-0 in ATL/41-0 in CAR).

the game was on MVPN (the Micheal Vick Programming Network). geez... could Theisman, Patrick, and the Sunday Night gang have been more biased? a Vick "rock/rap video" introduction (do i hear WWF-style?) on the field, the constant adulation, etc., give us a break. it was so bad the Panthers must of started to believe them.

and to think we get to play the Falcons twice a year each year.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

ESPN was pathetic last nite they do have the worst announce team already but the Vick Rap going to commericals was not good, they should remain neutral doing that makes it seem like they are rooting for the Falcons.

And the hype Vick gets which may be deserved down the line only proves how right Rush Limbaugh was over the McNabb statements about the media rooting for black QBs.

However that is not issue here ESPN seems to now find a team or a player and overhype him to the point of nauseau, like LeBron James. I hate LeBron becuas eof that nad it is not really his fault but I almost which he gets an injury so they cover otehr games and not the Cavs who still suck and are in last place.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The Falcons were playing at home, ESPN does that routinely for the home team. Giving shots of the (insert city here) skyline and/or the (insert corporation here) Stadium which isn't playing favoritism to anyone, but they also usually play music or something that has to do with the home team/city. I had no problem with the Vick Rap, I liked it...

"When I move you move, just like that...when I move you move, just like that...when I move you move, just like that...hell yeah hey Falcons run that back!"

Interesting that the winning TD was scored on an interception that was ran back  :laugh:

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

And the hype Vick gets which may be deserved down the line only proves how right Rush Limbaugh was over the McNabb statements about the media rooting for black QBs.
Oh, don't even open that can of worms....Just look at Kordell Stewart or Ray Lucas. McNabb is like any player in Philidelphia: God or Shmo. That argument was total BS, and Limbaugh needs to start lookin' at himself before he disses the media. Like how he used to dis addicts on his show constantly :P

Michael Vick is the most exciting show in football, of course they're excited! He's the guy people come to watch! It has ALWAYS been this way in sports! EVERY HNIC broadcast in the 60's endlessly hyped Frank Mahovlich. Every 80's broadcast hyped Gretzky.  All John Madden talks about is Brett Farve.  You can name about any player like that in any era.

Vick is ESPN's NFL version of LeBron James.  Guarantee that the Falcons will be on Sunday Night Football a lot next year.  Maybe even a Monday night game?

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Archived