NFL 2060 Uniforms

RevNet

Hey guys, I just wanted your opinions on these three uniforms, and if y'all like these enough, I may do the whole league. I have worked very hard on these concepts over the past week or so. This is also my way of saying hello, because I just registered yesterday and am looking forward to seeing many great posts and topics.

Baltimore.png

Pittsburgh.png

Seattle.png

What do y'all think? :grin:

sport-scarf_dortmund_zps9338859f.png

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What exactly about these say 2060? I was intrigued by the title, but kind of let down by the concepts.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

These are pretty nice uniforms - for today. I really like the Baltimore set, the white Pittsburgh uniforms, and the both Seattle jerseys (although with a different number font). Fifty years from now - I don't think we could possibly imagine what's that far ahead.

What exactly about these say 2060? I was intrigued by the title, but kind of let down by the concepts.

I guess I should've explained these more thoroughly, and the only way to do that is to tell the story of how these came to be. These three concepts all have imagined back stories to them. The general back story of the NFL 2060 concepts is that there will be a shake-up in how the NFL conferences are. The conferences will still be determined geographically (Eastern and Western), but within the NFL universe, the divisions are determined by the look of the uniforms. Some teams in this back story will take a look back at their own uniform history, take some of the best elements from past uniforms, and build what they believe is the right look. Other teams will ignore doing this process and just continue to change their uniforms every year. The ones that do look back are called "Historians" and the one's that don't are called "Chameleons".

The Pittsburgh concept was the first one that came to me. With it, I imagined that the home jersey itself would be made from scraps of steel, because in the back story for the Steelers, the players eventually have to make these uniforms themselves, because in 2060, Pittsburgh is looked at as a poor city and everyone in it is trying to survive the day. I look at Pittsburgh as being one of the ones that didn't look back at their uniform history.

The Baltimore concept was the next one that came to me. With it, I imagined one of the Baltimore players finding a diamond mine in neighboring West Virginia, and leaving the owners of the team to profit from it. With this money, Baltimore looked back at their uniform history and refined some elements (the numbers) of the uniforms and put them on this new uniform.

The Seattle concept is sort of a techno-tribal look to reflect the politics of the metro area, which in 2060 are very different from what is now. It is definitely not a "Historian" look in any sense of the word.

With these concepts, it's not necessarily about going far-out as Saintsfan put it, it's about a re-imagining of these uniforms.

Before I say anything about the concept, I'd like to welcome you to the board. I hope you have a great time here, and that your concepts improve as you spend more time here. On to the concepts themselves though:

As has been said, improve the typefaces, especially for Pittsburgh and Baltimore. I'd add more "futuristic" stuff; really, this looks like a current Nike idea or something. The silver Steelers uniforms and Seahawks pants really have to go, and I'm not such a fan of the all-white look on the road for every team. I'd try to be a little more inventive and, well, futuristic. Best of luck, and once again welcome!

scotland_fifasig.png

What does this have to do with Wesley Willis?

That's my name. :D

Before I say anything about the concept, I'd like to welcome you to theboard. I hope you have a great time here, and that your conceptsimprove as you spend more time here. On to the concepts themselvesthough:

As has been said, improve the typefaces, especially for Pittsburgh andBaltimore. I'd add more "futuristic" stuff; really, this looks like acurrent Nike idea or something. The silver Steelers uniforms andSeahawks pants really have to go, and I'm not such a fan of theall-white look on the road for every team. I'd try to be a little moreinventive and, well, futuristic. Best of luck, and once again welcome!

Thank you for the criticism and welcome. I will say again that these concepts are not necessarily about futuristic looks, they're about deconstructed/reconstructed looks that are either refined, polished, etc. Plus, I just learned Illustrator only about a few weeks ago, so as I learn more about the tools, I believe I'll get better. :D

That's my name. biggrin.gif

I thought this had to do with the deceased homeless schizophrenic black man. I'm sure you get it a lot.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

That's my name. biggrin.gif

I thought this had to do with the deceased homeless schizophrenic black man. I'm sure you get it a lot.

The thing, admiral, is that I didn't even know about him until a few years ago when I started college, so there you go. His songs are funny, though. :grin:

Liked the usage of the Seattle Seahawks uniform - but for economy's sake, I think that a single helmet design would be more desirable. But I think a silver-bodied helmet would fit better for the Seahawks. I never liked the blue helmet.

However, I do like the alternate helmet for the Baltimore Ravens. It's a fitting tribute to the Maryland state flag.

"Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy." Benjamin Franklin

I guess I should've explained these more thoroughly, and the only way to do that is to tell the story of how these came to be. These three concepts all have imagined back stories to them. The general back story of the NFL 2060 concepts is that there will be a shake-up in how the NFL conferences are. The conferences will still be determined geographically (Eastern and Western), but within the NFL universe, the divisions are determined by the look of the uniforms. Some teams in this back story will take a look back at their own uniform history, take some of the best elements from past uniforms, and build what they believe is the right look. Other teams will ignore doing this process and just continue to change their uniforms every year. The ones that do look back are called "Historians" and the one's that don't are called "Chameleons".

The Pittsburgh concept was the first one that came to me. With it, I imagined that the home jersey itself would be made from scraps of steel, because in the back story for the Steelers, the players eventually have to make these uniforms themselves, because in 2060, Pittsburgh is looked at as a poor city and everyone in it is trying to survive the day. I look at Pittsburgh as being one of the ones that didn't look back at their uniform history.

The Baltimore concept was the next one that came to me. With it, I imagined one of the Baltimore players finding a diamond mine in neighboring West Virginia, and leaving the owners of the team to profit from it. With this money, Baltimore looked back at their uniform history and refined some elements (the numbers) of the uniforms and put them on this new uniform.

The Seattle concept is sort of a techno-tribal look to reflect the politics of the metro area, which in 2060 are very different from what is now. It is definitely not a "Historian" look in any sense of the word.

With these concepts, it's not necessarily about going far-out as Saintsfan put it, it's about a re-imagining of these uniforms.

I'm sorry, but your backstories for these uniforms just boggle my mind. I understand having an eccentric viewpoint, but there is nothing contained within the seahawks concept that suggests anything political to me. And the odd striping on the legs just isn't that pleasant to look at. I cannot imagine a poverty-stricken steelers crafting uniforms with bits of steel, but even if they did:

1. What about that design suggests it, besides the color silver?

2. How on earth did they weld that with no tools/experience?

3. How did they make the rest of it?

And finally, and I'm sorry, because this will sound rude, all of that diamond mine money --- how did it only buy the Ravens such a generic number update?

I feel like having a lengthy backstory doesn't justify that these designs not only fail to scream 2060, but also fail to showcase much originality. I feel like I've seen all of those fonts a thousand times before, and I don't even partake in graphic design. I suggest completely revamping the three proposed uniforms, and trying to get a little more creative. You were creative enough to invent those far-out stories --- so why do your uniforms read so flat and poorly thought out?

SIGNATURE.png

Thank you for all the comments, everybody. I'm sorry if I didn't satisfy y'all in every way possible. Now, ready yourselves because I've got a concept that will probably shock you, and here it is:

Tennessee.png

Now viewing this concept, the reason that I was so conservative with the three concepts in the first post is because with NFL 2060, I am trying to give each current NFL team a distinctive look, no matter how they look to you. This all goes back to my explanation of "Historians" and "Chameleons". I feel that even within these two groups of looks, each team can have elements here and there on the uniform that scream "Hey, I'm a Raven!" or "Hey, I'm a Titan!". In the case of this Titans concept, this is a team that is trying to "keep up with the Joneses" by having a blend of "Historian" (the flaming head with the numbers on the front of each jersey is inspired by the Titans of Ancient Greece) and "Chameleon" (The flames on the neckline of each jersey, and the sides of the pants) elements, but to the viewer, it definitely reads "Chameleon". In conclusion, the Titans have an "I'll show you" attitude with this uniform.

I also use the current logos (or variations of them) of the teams to make the uniforms more palatable to today.

So, I'll ask again: What do y'all think? :grin:

Archived