NFL 2060 Uniforms

RevNet

Interesting concepts. One question, though...will you have any expansion/relocation concepts? What team would be playing in LA in 2060? Will there be a Las Vegas team? An San Antonio team? A Utah team? Those could be interesting, as well, as it's another 50 years 'till 2060, and a lot can happen until then... ^_^

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I think of an NFL in 2060, I envision a unitard, much like a speed skater would use today. The helmets would be more like a motorcycle with a HUD on the visor. And even that might be what the NFL looks like in 2020, so 2060 is far off and you should show that.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Thank you for all the comments, everybody. I'm sorry if I didn't satisfy y'all in every way possible. Now, ready yourselves because I've got a concept that will probably shock you, and here it is:

Tennessee.png

Much much better as a TATC concept. TATC concepts should shock a bit. And yet there are elements of the current Titans identity. Good job.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Now THAT'S a TATC uniform. Most of the time people are content to just slap a huge logo on the front and say "Its' futuristic!"

No, that's just turning BACK the clock to the early/mid 90's <_<

This though, seems perfect. It's got out there elements for sure, but it's also grounded in the basic elements of what makes up a football uniform. Great job!

One comment:

Football cleats of the future will probably have little jet things on the back of them so that the running backs can fly right through the line. Traditional 3/4" spikes will be a thing of the past by 2030. I think your concept should reflect this.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

One comment:

Football cleats of the future will probably have little jet things on the back of them so that the running backs can fly right through the line. Traditional 3/4" spikes will be a thing of the past by 2030. I think your concept should reflect this.

*looks at template he's using*

Hmmm, sorry, my man, but the template I'm using doesn't have cleats on it. :cry: Too bad. :grin:

Expect a Cincinnati Bengals concept later this week, just in time for Halloween. :grin:

sport-scarf_dortmund_zps9338859f.png

Thank you for all the comments, everybody. I'm sorry if I didn't satisfy y'all in every way possible. Now, ready yourselves because I've got a concept that will probably shock you, and here it is:

Tennessee.png

Much much better as a TATC concept. TATC concepts should shock a bit. And yet there are elements of the current Titans identity. Good job.

In the future, Ed Hardy will design the Titans' unis.

In all seriousness, I like them except for the Titans flame thing under the neck. But that's just a matter of taste. Otherwise, pretty cool IMO.

sig2024.png

Oh, on that Cincinnati Bengals concept: Did I say later this week? I meant today:

Cincinnati.png

The back story to this is that the team was really inspired by the Vaudeville days of yore and decided to mirror that with their uniform, so therefore, it's a mostly "Historian" look.

Yee Gads! Those are some crazy concepts!

But hey sometimes from a totally off the wall idea something useable can grow. For example, your Titans concept, while chances are it, or anything like it will probably never be produced by an NFL team (minor leagues possibly but still remote), the TV numbers cut of of the sleeves stripes is IMO a touch of genius! With NFL sleeves all but disappearing and teams having to find new ways to accommodate classic stripes from previous designs and TV numbers you may have just hit on a new way to do it. If done correctly teams can preserve some classic jerseys but give them a new twist. So well done.

Just out of curiosity I have to ask what it the font you used for the Bengals concept? It's truly awesome, no seriously I have a real thing for old school woodcut style typefaces and that one is just nuts, I love it, not saying it's a good idea for a football uniform but as a font in it's own right I like it a lot.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Yee Gads! Those are some crazy concepts!

But hey sometimes from a totally off the wall idea something useable can grow. For example, your Titans concept, while chances are it, or anything like it will probably never be produced by an NFL team (minor leagues possibly but still remote), the TV numbers cut of of the sleeves stripes is IMO a touch of genius! With NFL sleeves all but disappearing and teams having to find new ways to accommodate classic stripes from previous designs and TV numbers you may have just hit on a new way to do it. If done correctly teams can preserve some classic jerseys but give them a new twist. So well done.

Just out of curiosity I have to ask what it the font you used for the Bengals concept? It's truly awesome, no seriously I have a real thing for old school woodcut style typefaces and that one is just nuts, I love it, not saying it's a good idea for a football uniform but as a font in it's own right I like it a lot.

9erssteve

Thanks for asking! The font I used for today's Bengals concept is called Kingthings Spike and you can get it here:

http://www.abstractfonts.com/font/11511

As far as the numbers-in-stripes detail is concerned, that's become my trademark, so to speak. That doesn't mean that it'll be used with every concept (because then, it would be a bit boring, no?), but if I do use it, I'll be proud of what I produced. Not that I'm not proud of my Bengals concept, mind you. It just naturally came to me to have that detail on certain concepts. On those concepts, I was thinking that we have TV numbers and we have stripes, so why not put them together? Another reason for that detail is because if you put the numbers on top of the shoulders, there won't be as many people seeing them as they would if the numbers were placed like in the Titans concept.

Thank you for your patronage. :grin:

Oh, on that Cincinnati Bengals concept: Did I say later this week? I meant today:

Cincinnati.png

The back story to this is that the team was really inspired by the Vaudeville days of yore and decided to mirror that with their uniform, so therefore, it's a mostly "Historian" look.

We all know that by 2060 humans will no longer be athletes, and sports will be played by cyborgs. Also, Bengal tigers will be extinct and the team will have been renamed the Cincinnatti Steamrollers.

In (almost) total seriousness, the concepts are outlandish and ridiculous, but who are we to criticize your views of the future? Good work on the Titans, it looks great. The Bengals needs work. I'll like to see the entire uni done in tiger stripes, not the gradient thing you've got going on now.

Welcome to the boards!

Cincinnati.png

Ha ha stunning! (In a tazer way I mean)!! Thats taking the TATCness to the max!! Not that that is a criticism!!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Cincinnati.png

WOW...I'm getting dizzy!

The light ones look like creamsicles, even moreso than the Bucs.

But, these do fit the TATC idea. Maybe it was unintentional, but these Bengals uniforms fittingly look like prison garb.

Prisoner_Boy_Haunted_House_Costume_R12108.jpg

87Redskins.png

Archived