NFL's AFC & NFC Logos

Quillz

Finalized my NFC concept logo:

nfcfixed.png

I *FINALLY* got the edges completely straight all around, so there shouldn't be any more ragged and/or jagged lines. I really like the 60px outline, since it looks pretty good at both small and large sizes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those extra "features" wouldn't be noticeable at small sizes, and might be difficult to reproduce. You'd just need plain versions anyway. Plus, the "national" and "american" are kind of redundant, plus, 5 stars for the N and two for the A doesn't make much sense.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Those extra "features" wouldn't be noticeable at small sizes, and might be difficult to reproduce. You'd just need plain versions anyway. Plus, the "national" and "american" are kind of redundant, plus, 5 stars for the N and two for the A doesn't make much sense.

I completely agree. You don't need "National" and "American," and the letters, sans the stars, work fine on their own. If you do want to keep the stars, I'd say go with four for each letter, to represent the four divisions of each conference.

Here's an idea drawn up last year by Gothamite that I'd strongly suggest the NFL adopt:

2213008516_c29f13500d_o.gif

I can see them doing something like this because I think Colorwerx said that they made a change, nothing huge, but something that goes more with the logos of recent years

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Here's an idea drawn up last year by Gothamite that I'd strongly suggest the NFL adopt:

I can see them doing something like this because I think Colorwerx said that they made a change, nothing huge, but something that goes more with the logos of recent years

ColorWerx (who has apparently seen the new AFC/NFC logos for next season), said the changes weren't earth-shattering and merely fell more in line with some of the more recent changes the NFL has made in the past few years. Thus, these seem like they're too drastic for such a "minor" change.

As I've said before, I'm thinking the "new" logos will merely just use the NFL shield font and have four stars. I can't really imagine much more change than that.

ColorWerx (who has apparently seen the new AFC/NFC logos for next season), said the changes weren't earth-shattering and merely fell more in line with some of the more recent changes the NFL has made in the past few years. Thus, these seem like they're too drastic for such a "minor" change.

As I've said before, I'm thinking the "new" logos will merely just use the NFL shield font and have four stars. I can't really imagine much more change than that.

Well thats what I meant, just the new font and stuff to keep in line with the new logo.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Removed the League names, made a more logical choice on the stars, and added a smaller version of each that removes the highlights. I know the highlights are probably still too "drastic" but it was just an idea.

FinalAFCNFCRevise.jpg

Now you've got it right. Those look great. It's amazing how much better you can make logos look when you make the most minor of revisions.

Why stop at conference logos? Why shouldn't each division have it's own logo too?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Why stop at conference logos? Why shouldn't each division have it's own logo too?

That's actually not a bad idea. Doesn't the NHL have individual names for their divisions (non-generic ones).

I've always liked that idea. I think that would be cool for the NFL.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I've actually thought about that too. would be a good idea.

I'll go one step further. Why can't each division have its own trophy? They could all be different in design or they could be uniform...doesn't matter to me. They could include the logos of each team from the division and be named for an important individual from a team from each division. Would be a good way to recognize other important figures in NFL history and it would be kind of cool to have teams celebrate their division win with a trophy. I got the idea from watching a couple of college football teams battle for a Axe this year. I forget who it was, but I think it was Minnesota or something.

Again, just a thought.

That's actually not a bad idea. Doesn't the NHL have individual names for their divisions (non-generic ones).

I've always liked that idea. I think that would be cool for the NFL.

The NHL was liked that prior to 1993. Since, they've been much like the NBA... A Northwest Division, Pacific Division, Central Division, Northeast Division, Atlantic Division and Southeast Division. None of those divisions have actual logos, either.

I hate to spoil everyone's fun, but... as discussed in the NFL 2010-2011 thread in the Sports Logos forum, the NFL just did update the two conference logos.

It's funny how close some of us came. I mean, there were several concepts with an updated typeface, four stars for each letter, etc. The official logos aren't too far off from a few of the concepts that have been posted.

Archived