NFL's AFC & NFC Logos

Quillz

Here's what I did in MS Paint. I tried the stars in a football pattern, but it didn't look good.

Here are the same logos just with 4 white stars added inside the "A" and the "N", representing the 4 divisions...

AFCANDNFCWITHWHITESTARS.png

I'd line up the stars in the "N," since that would look quite a bit better than just having four random stars inside the letter, as you kind of have right now.

I was thinking the same thing myself. I'll perhaps play around with it later, depending on if the game gets to be a boring blowout. What did you think of the AFC logo stars?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed. I think if you're going to put white stars inside the letters, you could run four small stars across the middle of the A, and four small stars diagonally down the N.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Here's what I did in MS Paint. I tried the stars in a football pattern, but it didn't look good.

Here are the same logos just with 4 white stars added inside the "A" and the "N", representing the 4 divisions...

AFCANDNFCWITHWHITESTARS.png

I'd line up the stars in the "N," since that would look quite a bit better than just having four random stars inside the letter, as you kind of have right now.

I was thinking the same thing myself. I'll perhaps play around with it later, depending on if the game gets to be a boring blowout. What did you think of the AFC logo stars?

The four AFC stars work because the letter A is slanted. But overall, like others have said, having stars in the letters and surrounding the letters with more stars is a bit of overkill, IMO.

I like the A logo and the N logo. But I'm not digging the AN logo. The other two by themselves look really cool though.

sorry, i didnt explain, thats just there to show how they are similar. the bar through the centre of each.

I like the A logo and the N logo. But I'm not digging the AN logo. The other two by themselves look really cool though.

sorry, i didnt explain, thats just there to show how they are similar. the bar through the centre of each.

Well that explains it. I like the Logos and I like that they have a similarity too.

ย 
ย 

some of these are great.

here is a little idea i had.

afcnfc.png

Interesting idea... I like how you merged the "A" and the "N" together to make a cool third logo.

For sure. I think I would lop the serif off the lower right portion of the N. That's pretty standard practice for a serif N, and it would mimic the chopped lower right serif on the A as well.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

i like the idea where you want to mirror the star design on both the A and N. I think it was a good start, but needs a little bit better execution. I little refining and i think you can nail it.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I borrowed 1stdowncreative's concept of using the newer NFL font and came up with this... Again, I dropped the stars due to redundancy, and basically just outlined each letter with a thick border. I think it looks fairly decent, although the NFL font by design doesn't really produce straight edges, so I had to do some manually aligning of the corners and angles and what not...

afclogoconcept.pngnfclogoconcept.png

Basically, the colors of the typeface and the typeface itself match up with the newer NFL logo, which already has the correct number of stars (8), so I just felt that my concept here would help to make some older NFL logos a bit more consistent with some of the newer logos.

If anyone likes these and would like to change/improve upon it, go ahead. I'd like to see some other concepts.

Hey, I made some very minor updates to my conceptual AFC/NFC logos. I was able to come across the official Endzone font, which has much cleaner edges and angles than the unofficial version I was using before. That fixed up some of the issues I was having earlier, and then I went ahead and made two new versions, one with a 40px outline and another with a 60px outline.

nfcthin.pngnfcthick.png

afcthin.pngafcthick.png

Personally, I think the thicker (60px) outline looks better, especially when the images get up-scaled. The thinner (40px) outline looks awkward when blown up at large sizes, I think because it's just too thin. I think these look pretty good, especially since they tie into the NFL shield font, creating more consistency. I'm still experimenting with trying to fit four stars somewhere onto each letter, but I really don't think they're necessary, since the NFL shield logo already includes the 8 stars to represent the 8 NFL divisions.

if the chiefs were to make the super bowl, how would they but the afc logo in the endzone since it is red and the chiefs endzone would be red,(even though it was yellow in their previous 2 super bowls)

i think the nfl figures since the chiefs aren't going to the super bowl anytime soon, its not something for them to figure out.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Here's an idea drawn up last year by Gothamite that I'd strongly suggest the NFL adopt:

2213008516_c29f13500d_o.gif

Neat idea.

How do you get the font to line up like that, though?

I'm not taking credit for this. Like I said, Gothamite posted this when the new NFL logo was unveiled.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=56100

6uXNWAo.png

Archived