Penn State Pro Combat

a2b05

This is my first concept that I ever really done, so be easy gents'!

I'm a huge Penn State fan and alum so I wanted to make a concept that kept all of the normal PSU traditions and styles.

These uniforms are to be worn with the same pants as now, basic all white and only black shoes.

The helmet: The helmet is the same white with blue stripe but I added small white 3M-reflective stripes that outlines the original blue stripe just to give it a little update. I did not add the logo on the helmet because I have seen many concepts and pictures of HS teams that have attempted it and it never looks good IMO.

The jerseys: I made the collars the same color as the rest of the uniforms and kept the cuff colors the same. I did not move the numbers, but instead, continued the same trim from the helmet with white 3M outlining them. The only PSU logo is on the collar by way of the Pro Combat shield. The collars also have "Success with Honor" on the inside. "Success with Honor" means everything to Penn State and JoePa, so I thought this was the perfect place to put it.

I know this isn't a very fancy update, but that's just not the PSU way. This is a perfect combination of modern styles and classic tradition.

Thoughts and comments are much appreciated.

PSU-ProCombcopy.png

OK, I've came up with a different concept and didn't want to start a new thread. This is sort of a teaser for now until I finish up the whites and alternate.

This concept was inspired by my friend who is a Navy Seal and just got departed for Afghanistan on 9/11.

To pay homage to our brothers and sisters over seas, i implemented a futuristic tactical vest design that continues down through the pants. At first glance, it sort of looks like the sports bra design from Oregon State, but i think I managed to just avoid making it look like one.

ConceptII-navycopy.jpg

C&C are much appreciated.

If this is indeed your first concept, it's a helluva first go-round, guy. Some nice 'shopping there. And I love the layout you chose...don't think I've seen very many concept sets, if any at all, laid out quite like this.

Yeah, it's got it rough edges, but I (think I) see what you were going for here. If JoePa was ever senile enough to let Nike even dream of touching their uniforms, this is about the farthest I could see them going. The reflective (?) trim on the helmet stripe and numbers definitely would be a special Pro Combat-esque touch, as is that collar shield logo. One thing, though...not hot about the choice of Bank Gothic, especially seeing as to how Helvetica is the program's font of choice now. Try that out and see how it looks.

I'm going to give this a solid "B". Nice work.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

PSU-ProCombcopy.png

I like that you've taken on the Penn State Pro Combat cause. I think Nike will want to do a revamping of the uniforms once JoePa is gone (however he may go)and a NPC uniform might just be the acid test for a possible redraw, but I agree with North Dakota that the concept is too simplistic. The NPC are a chance to go outside the box and even tick off a few traditionalists.

It would be nice to have a logo on the helmet and I can't think of anything better that the Keystone 'S':

http://www.lions-pride.com/store/153818%21LEGAC/Legacy+Cotton+Keystone+Hat

I know that Nike has been ripped by coming out with gear that had just a block 'S' on it (just like Mich State, Stanford, ets) but to have the Keystone behind the S makes for a solid design.

Hey thanks guys.

Like I said, this was my very first concept that I have done. I've been on this site for over a year now and have finally had some free time to mess around.

I realize it's a very simple design but I was really going for something that JoePa would even give a second thought to. My next concept will be more out of the box.

Some ideas that I have for the next set are: pearl white(lexus-like) helmets with a Boise State-like logo placement but perhaps more symmetrical.. or different and modern striping. I really am a fan of Cal's collar design so I was thinking of something like that.

I was even thinking of an all black with subtle pink accents as PSU's original school colors way back in the day were black and pink, so a set like that could be considered "retro" as well as possibly a special breast cancer awareness set. I think it would be cool for something like that to be used for the "Blue-White" game.

Also, I don't know if anyone has seen them, but PSU's baseball team last year wore a special Support the Troops set that was blue digi-cam. Very cool. That would make a cool concept as well.

Hey thanks guys.

Like I said, this was my very first concept that I have done. I've been on this site for over a year now and have finally had some free time to mess around.

I realize it's a very simple design but I was really going for something that JoePa would even give a second thought to. My next concept will be more out of the box.

Some ideas that I have for the next set are: pearl white(lexus-like) helmets with a Boise State-like logo placement but perhaps more symmetrical.. or different and modern striping. I really am a fan of Cal's collar design so I was thinking of something like that.

I was even thinking of an all black with subtle pink accents as PSU's original school colors way back in the day were black and pink, so a set like that could be considered "retro" as well as possibly a special breast cancer awareness set. I think it would be cool for something like that to be used for the "Blue-White" game.

Also, I don't know if anyone has seen them, but PSU's baseball team last year wore a special Support the Troops set that was blue digi-cam. Very cool. That would make a cool concept as well.

those are great ideas cant wait to see them

I really like the reflective features. Would look great under the lights.

How about this for a helmet logo..do that Lion head logo (in your avatar) in reflective white on the white helmet. Should show up at night games...meaning Bowl games too.

Subtle enough for PSU tradition, but a modern, holographic-type effect.

87Redskins.png

Archived