2011 BYU Basketball Jerseys (navy blue) - on sale anywhere?

larrypep

I've searched around the net for a 2011 navy blue version of BYU's men's basketball jersey:

4612322.jpg

In looking around the net I've found that many NCAA men's basketball jerseys are a tough find. I did find a few links to last year's version of the road jersey but nothing for this year's version. There are some home white replica uniforms also available but that's not what I want, I'd like to find a navy blue version, and preferably an authentic or something close to it.

I don't usually buy NCAA basketball jersies but I really like this design, the navy blue field with the plain white lettering around the number, and the unique Nike striping looks great to me. Any idea if these go on sale later in the year, like during Final Four, or am I more than likely SOL?

Good luck. If they haven't made on yet, they won't be making one this year.

Here is theirs from last season, I believe: http://www.footballfanatics.com/COLLEGE_BYU_Cougars_Jerseys/Nike_Brigham_Young_Cougars__Number_00_Navy_Blue_Replica_Basketball_Jersey

_239000%2fFF_239343_xl.jpg

Yeah, I saw that one but not the one I want. I hope they make one but you're probably right, too late in the year to get these out.

Similar situation at SDSU, they had no jersies for sale this year but their unexpected streak brought about a demand so they commissioned a bunch of replica black jersies for a limited sale. I don't see anything anywhere that BYU would be doing this for the blue ones since they already have the white replica for sale already.

Sorry, can't help you.

I don't usually buy NCAA basketball jersies but I really like this design, the navy blue field with the plain white lettering around the number, and the unique Nike striping looks great to me. Any idea if these go on sale later in the year, like during Final Four, or am I more than likely SOL?

I think last year's jerseys were significantly better looking, but I guess I'm old school.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Up here in Logan, they don't sell the correct jersey for USU either, and the Aggies have had the same uniform for a few years running now. Infact, none of the jerseys they sell for any sport are correct, either. And no, I don't mean the difference between replica and authentic, I mean the actual design. BYU may be the same case with basketball, I'm not sure, but I know that USU's correct jersey isn't out there (not even on campus), so I assume it's the case with many other schools, too.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Sorry, but this just reminds me how perfect BYU's jerseys were last year... and how awful the change was for this season. Why does Nike hate stripes around the collar?

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

and the unique Nike striping looks great to me.

That template has been used by, like, 10 Nike teams. IMO, it looks bad.

34y7eo5.jpg

You know what they say, "Traditionalist's can go die in a hole if they don't like it."

Any idea if these go on sale later in the year, like during Final Four, or am I more than likely SOL?

There's no reason to sell BYU jerseys during the Final Four now that some guy dared to get his dick wet in college.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Careful, if you wear that to a bar or Victoria's Secret store, they'll come confiscate the jersey right off your back!

*For the record, I support their moral stand...we need more schools like that*

87Redskins.png

No we don't. You should be able to have sex without being publicly shamed, shunned, and effectively fired from your job. A good church would help him get back to living by its tenets in private, not pin a scarlet letter on the guy.

No we don't. You should be able to have sex without being publicly shamed, shunned, and effectively fired from your job. A good church would help him get back to living by its tenets in private, not pin a scarlet letter on the guy.

+1. I wonder how that went over with his family.

Regarding the scarlet letter pinning, that's not the church's doing, that's the school's. As a mormon myself, I can tell you that the church itself really does help people in those situations in private and with open arms, like it should be. BYU however, does not. It's one of the reasons I really hate BYU.

I mean, I get that they want to uphold church and moral standards, that's totally cool, but they are very hypocritical in the way they deal with it. Don't look at BYU treating Davies like this and think that's what goes on in the Bishop's office at our church, because I can tell you it's NOTHING like that. At all. It's the complete opposite.

I know that with BYU "representing" the LDS church that it would seem thier actions mirror the church's, but don't be fooled. Okay, end of rant defending my religion :P

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Oh it's affiliated with the church alright, but that's not my point. My point is that people shouldn't look at BYU's actions and think that's how the church itself is run. Thomas S. Monson (President of the Church) didn't dismiss Brandon Davies, nor did his Bishop. The school did. What I'm trying to say is that how the SCHOOL deals with violations of the honor code is not at all how Bishops and other General Authorites deal with transgressions. If they were similar, people would be excommunicated from the church routinely (an occurence that is, in truth, VERY rare). BYU itself is much more stricter than the church. That's not to say the church lets things run rampant or anything, but they don't pin scarlet letters on people and shun them, either. Transgressions are dealt with privately by the Church, and in nearly all cases, the ward (all the members from a certain neighborhood or boundary) a member who has problems is in has no awareness of the problems - they're kept between that member and the Bishop.

I know that it sounds confusing and all, that though BYU is affilated with the Church they approach problems much differently, and I understand if that sounds ludacris or something. But take my word for it, the way situations like these are dealt with are quite different between the two.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

Okay, so then the school's conduct is indefensible on two big counts:

1) By airing this out in public, they've likely ruined someone's life, "education," professional development, and church standing over something relatively inconsequential (unless he got her pregnant)

2) By dismissing one of their best basketball players, they've made their basketball team incredibly worse and thus much less likely to reap the myriad rewards of a deep March Madness run.

The idiots will praise BYU for "sticking to their morals," but doing so has severely hurt themselves and others, and I don't think people should be lauded for hurting themselves and others.

Okay let's clarify some things.

#1 The church is NOT affliated with BYU, it RUNS BYU.

#2 The rules of BYU are in harmony with the rules of the church, stating no sexual relations outside of the bonds of marriage including premarital sex. (Whether you agree with that or not, has nothing to do with this issue.)

#3 Everyone who agrees to go to BYU, signs a contract that they will adhere to church policies and rules (no drinking, smoking, sexual relations outside of marriage, etc.)

#4 The kid signed the contract, and acted on his free will and violated the contract knowing what the consequences would be.

#5 The church or BYU did not cause the kid to violate his contract.

#6 By airing this out in public? They probably sent out a press release stating that he was off the team for violations. When people asked they responded. The media was going to find out. Will this ruin his life, education, professional development and church standing? Not a chance.

#7 This team was not going to the Final Four like many predicted, it just wasn't going to happen. Final 16 maybe, Final Four, not a chance in hell. They played no one and beat no one. This was a good team, but not the team people are making it out to be.

#8 If you think people are idiots for sticking to their morals, well, I'm sorry for you. Life isn't about getting everything in life that you want. It's about growing as an individual and learning to deal with life's setbacks and trials. That is the real lesson in this whole story. How each individual deals with the setback from the kid who violated the code to the coaches and players who are playing without a good teammate.

Archived