NFL Minimalism Logos

MDGP

Like a lot of other people, I've gotten myself caught up in making minimalism logos. I decided to go with NFL teams. I had some rules for myself on this project.

1) I had to draw each logo myself. Some are based on real logos, but none are the actual logo themselves. They are each my own design.

2) Obviously I had to go with a two color system, one for the logo, one for the background.

3) Logos can consist of no more than 4 separate shapes (I originally planned on two shapes, but Row 4, Box 3 wasn't going to work).

I'll admit that this isn't as minimal as the original NHL one, I'm okay with that though, I think I achieved what I set out to do.

NFLMinimalism_zps1cb27cef.png

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

this is a very good attempt. the whole idea behind this isnt to master some technique, but about expressing an idea; taking what is already there and striping it down to its unique core. i think for the most part you have achieved this, but might want to re visit the Browns and Bears. maybe the Colts. the Browns is the only one where there is nothing. think harder about what their identity is, not just a logo (or lack there of). the Bears and Colts are pretty much the logo they have now. im ok with it though if you feel you havent broken your rule #1

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

It's funny, the Bears was actually my least favorite for that reason. I planned to change both the Bears and Browns (seeing as the Browns was just a joke anyways). I'm already in the process of working on updating those.

BigRed. I realized right away that people could have some trouble figuring out what the Jaguars logo is. I went in that direction because I felt it was more unique than just another animal head. Buffalo was done that way for similar reasons.

EDIT: I'll give a hint on the Jaguars, because it is tough if you don't know what you are looking for. The design inspiration can be found in one of the old Jaguars Alternate logos.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Guest darkpiranha

Cool stuff. I only figured out the Jags because it was in the AFC South column. I think I like Vikings best, and Raiders least. Raiders isn't minimal enough. I think you can strip it down further to just an eyepatch and it will feel even more appropriate to both this challenge and to the team. And I think you need to do a little tweaking on the Patriots. The tri-corner part of the hat needs to be wider. Right now it's too small and looks more like a sailor's cap.

Great logos! Especially love the Vikings, Cardinals, 49ers, Panthers, Texans, Pats, Bengals and Ravens looks. The Raiders one kinda looks like an aviator with an eyepatch though...maybe with a stripe down that helmet it'd be more recognizable - at least to me. I lol'd at the Browns one. Great work!

sport-scarf_vikes_zps08004021.png

This logo shows the symbol that I used for the Jaguars.

599.gif

Archived