RedmondOrbit's NFL Redesign - Take Two (26/32 - Cardinals added)

RO_

That's just due to sweat, in real life before they are worn they are all the same color

CABZ0sr.png

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was a huge fan of your original series, and I'm glad to see that you're back with more concepts.

This isn't a knock on you, but I think that new template is hideous. The problem is that in real life, all the panels are the same color, and it just looks strange to see all those differently-colored panels on the back.

Actually not all the panels are the same color...

ndamukong_suh_2012_11_18.jpgsweatbox.png82826762.jpg

That's just due to sweat, in real life before they are worn they are all the same color

Yeah, because NFL players sweat the most from their belly before any other place on their body. (Sarcasm) And Tebow never got any action with the Jets so I don't think he would be sweating. You can see on the Titans player wear he really is sweating/wet.

Sorry RedmondOrbit for taking up space on your new topic. (Just had to prove a point)

JeKhnr9.png

I was a huge fan of your original series, and I'm glad to see that you're back with more concepts.

This isn't a knock on you, but I think that new template is hideous. The problem is that in real life, all the panels are the same color, and it just looks strange to see all those differently-colored panels on the back.

Actually not all the panels are the same color...

ndamukong_suh_2012_11_18.jpgsweatbox.png82826762.jpg

Yeah, because NFL players sweat the most from their belly before any other place on their body. (Sarcasm) And Tebow never got any action with the Jets so I don't think he would be sweating. You can see on the Titans player wear he really is sweating/wet.

Sorry RedmondOrbit for taking up space on your new topic. (Just had to prove a point)

No, that is every bit sweat. Exactly why we call them "sweat boxes". Have you ever watched pregame warm ups? Or any football? Those guys are always sweating. So stepping on the field or not (in your case with Tebow) is not a credible argument.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

It still shows up darker than the color. Their different fabrics so they will have a slightly different shaded look.

For instance I own a Sabres jersey and the front gold looks different than the rest because of the different fabric (mesh). The mesh will make the color look darker.

The mesh panels on the front of the jersey (the little triangular bits by the armpits) are actually toggleable. You can hide them so that the jersey is all the same color. Unfortunately the back jersey's mesh panels don't have that option. Most likely got overlooked when it was converted to .psd. It's a detail that doesn't bother me too much, but I can see how it bothers some. Eventually I'd like to move over to a realistic template. Also, it's nice to see same familiar names in this thread!

That Jets jersey.. Wow, I think I know who I'm going to do next.

Here's a couple of late night updates.

Dolphins: Lowered the shoulder stripes a bit, made the orange stripe thicker.

Bucs: Widened the number font to make it easier to read.

ivo11aE.jpg

glfGIvh.jpg

I'll be starting the next team sometime tomorrow.

Three major problems for me (probably minor problems for others) with the Browns: stripes, facemask, and cream and silver (can't tell the difference cause in the color description it looks cream, but in the pants there is either white, cream or silver, and it confuses me). The stripes on the helmet, jersey, and orange pants should be brown/white/brown. The stripes on the brown jersey and pants should be orange/white/brown. Also the facemask should be brown only. Please drop the cream and silver.

Other than that everything else is good. Good overall design. Btw this is one of my favorite threads and I also followed it when you originally started this series.

Three major problems for me (probably minor problems for others) with the Browns: stripes, facemask, and cream and silver (can't tell the difference cause in the color description it looks cream, but in the pants there is either white, cream or silver, and it confuses me). The stripes on the helmet, jersey, and orange pants should be brown/white/brown. The stripes on the brown jersey and pants should be orange/white/brown. Also the facemask should be brown only. Please drop the cream and silver.

Other than that everything else is good. Good overall design. Btw this is one of my favorite threads and I also followed it when you originally started this series.

Thanks for the feedback, glad you're enjoying these!

You're referring to the orange and brown pants having silver, right? The stripes are white, this template has mesh panels on the pant stripe, making them look a little darker than they really are.

For the stripes, I chose to invert them, that was kind of a personal preference. I like the way stripes like that look when the lighter color is on the outside, for whatever reason. This set was also conceived around the same time everyone was posting Browns concepts based on those reddit rumors, and I wouldn't be shocked if Nike did something like inverting the stripes. I would agree the cream gets a little lost, so I may drop it.

I'm working on the Jets next, anymore feedback on these teams is always appreciated.

If you've been following since my first thread, you've seen these first nine designs already. So here's something brand new for everyone.

New York Jets:

-New shade of green. It's a lighter shade of their current 'Hunter Green'.

-Reintroduced black back into their color scheme as an accent color only, no black alts.

-Brought back their previous logo with a small change.

-Two-tone helmet similar to Navy's with a thick black stripe separating the two colors.

-Sleeve stripes feature the jet from the logo 'soaring' into the air. I will save the Nikespeak descriptions for someone else if anyone wants to take a crack at it.

-Sock stripes mimic helmet design.

Home:

JjmATBp.jpg

Away:

cc2ioi3.jpg

Have at it, thanks for looking!

If you've been following since my first thread, you've seen these first nine designs already. So here's something brand new for everyone.

New York Jets:

-New shade of green. It's a lighter shade of their current 'Hunter Green'.

-Reintroduced black back into their color scheme as an accent color only, no black alts.

-Brought back their previous logo with a small change.

-Two-tone helmet similar to Navy's with a thick black stripe separating the two colors.

-Sleeve stripes feature the jet from the logo 'soaring' into the air. I will save the Nikespeak descriptions for someone else if anyone wants to take a crack at it.

-Sock stripes mimic helmet design.

Home:

JjmATBp.jpg

Away:

cc2ioi3.jpg

Have at it, thanks for looking!

The actual Jet logo is a bit too thin, but I love the idea of it ascending on the helmet.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I agree with the others on thickening the jet stream. I'm also not a fan of the number font--it reminds me too much of the Bucs new alarm clock numbers. A standard block or a slightly altered standard block would work fine.

Other than that I love it! Especially the Navy-inspired helmet.

Thanks for all the feedback! Yeah, those jet streams were pretty thin, but that was a quick fix. I also changed the font

qT1q8lP.jpg

I plan on posting some updates to teams (nothing major) tonight, and I'm going to begin the next team tonight as well.

The jetstream is still a bit thin for my liking.

Yeah, I'll probably thicken it up a little more.

In the meantime, here are some updates to three other teams:

Browns:

Dropped the cream.

4sxebSe.jpg

GyvMyau.jpg

rvbUPkV.jpg

Bears:

This one I'm still a little unsure of. I ditched my old design to combine their current look with their throwbacks. I think the home uniforms work, but I'm still not sure on the away.

Home:

AVSlYDl.jpg

Away Option 1:

LF9UthS.jpg

Away Option 2:

sY32B0V.jpg

What do you guys think? Do either of these work, or should I try something else?

Archived