New Dayton Flyers Logo

JonBoy

I'm an alum, and none of my friends who went there are happy with it.

I just now saw the U in the D even though I first saw this logo a couple days ago.

And the VD cannot be unseen.

Our old logos needed to be replaced, but could have been much better.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The U is the bottom half of the D. You can see it better in these modifications someone created:

10540813_749931748396877_630054707614960

Here is a simple fix someone created that looks better IMHO, removing the V in VD and restoring the traditional UD (alums mostly refer to the school as UD).

YigOxQLxHdngnjJ-556x313-noPad.jpg

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

Honestly, none of those look better IMO. The only one that would maybe be an improvement is the bottom right, the rest are just too busy. One way they could make the original better is to get rid of the separation between the "wings" and the D, and shorten the wings up a bit so it wouldn't look as much like a V.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Honestly, none of those look better IMO. The only one that would maybe be an improvement is the bottom right, the rest are just too busy. One way they could make the original better is to get rid of the separation between the "wings" and the D, and shorten the wings up a bit so it wouldn't look as much like a V.

I agree. The only one I like is the one with the blue "U" but it's still not great.

RIP Demitra #38

Archived