Texas Tech Football

thinkkre8tiv

The 2006 Texas Tech Football will be wearing new uniforms for this season. I will work on getting some pics soon. The new uni's feature Tech's famous Serpentine font across the front and no more elaborate round numbers. Clean and simple is Tech's new motto for this season. One final note the uniforms are made by Under Armour.

I checked the site and could not find pics as of yet. But I did find the mock-up designs on the Red Raider outfitter website.

http://www.redraideroutfitter.com/

Even though I am a Sooner trapped in Lubbock I think they still look like a definate improvement over the past couple of years.

This is why I HATE Under Armor and I think they are much worse than even Nike which all of you seem to HATE so much.

SERPENTINE is the font!! What is this? NASCAR? Ar you kidding me? It's bad enough Under Armor completely ruined the University of Maryland uniforms, it's spreading!! It's like they are revolutionary in a mid 90's way!!

All they keep doing is making things big and overusing black, it is awful. And there products are the same as all of the other athletic products, but they jjust charge more so people think it is better. I will say I like there cleats, but there apparel is garbage!!

tx_vernon.jpg

I don't think UnderArmour is anywhere near as bad as Nike. UA made a black alternate for Maryland. Yes, it's a lot of black, but it's an alternate. They still wear red. And black has been part of the Maryland color scheme for quite a while.

Serpentine...aren't the athletic wordmarks already in Serpentine? I couldn't find any wordmarks quickly to support it, but I think I remember seeing the logos in Serpentine. Which would make the numbering consistent with the athletic identity. Think University of Washington.

Besides...NCAA Gothic's resurgence has been almost exclusively a Nike thing. I haven't seen any other uniforms with that font by any brand other than Nike, so it's another way of de-swooshing the school.

Anything that UnderArmour seems to be doing with piping is just following the lead set by the Hellen Keller company of Beaverton: Miami, Virginia Tech, Oregon State, Oregon. Far more egregious examples of sticking out like a sore thumb than what UA did to the Terps.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

All UA is doing is making Tech's football identity more uniform (excuse the pun). last season they had "TEXAS TECH" in the endzones, written in serpentine. 'TEXAS TECH" on the jerseys writtin in Times New Roman, and the numbers, well, the numbers looked like a child drew them with a crayon. These jerseys are a HUGE improvement.

I completely disagree. Although people hate Nike, and there are more than enough reasons to love or hate them, for the most part they try to push the envelope and do things differently. The main part of the design people don't realize is that the jerseys themselves are a lot more comfortable and fitted more to fit the motion of the sport. It's this line of thinking that has made huge advancements in the way jerseys have been made. If you look at just 10 years ago, the jerseys have made leaps and bounds in terms of fit and performance. So although people hate some of the louder jerseys like Miami's or VA Tech, teams like Georgia switched to the same idea with the jersey without giving up there traditional aesthetic.

Whereas Under Armour brings nothing to the table. They have made no advancements and there design is basically just loud and blah. And in the case of Maryland they have added too much black, but even besdies that the uniform makes no sense. The have a retro helmet from the 80's with a space age uniform that is way too loud and doesn't match the simple script white helmet. A white helmet and a black jersey when red is the main color? Yuck. But you can look at the lacrosse team at UM to prove it even more. The took the NIKE branding and just went louder with it. There is no thought put into it and they have worse logo creep than anyone, just more of it and more expensive.

Apropos of nothing, you know what bugs me about Under Armour? Their name.

1) They're in Baltimore. The US spelling is "Armor" not "Armour." Who owns this operation, Madonna? Stop trying to be English.

2) Now that they're making uniforms, "Under Armour" doesn't make any sense. It's more like... "Over Armour." It made much more sense when they stuck to making the athletic wear that athletes wore under their uniforms and pads (armor.)

[/rant]

sorry 'bout that. Had to slip that in somewhere, as it has been bugging me lately.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

Whereas Under Armour brings nothing to the table. They have made no advancements and there design is basically just loud and blah. And in the case of Maryland they have added too much black, but even besdies that the uniform makes no sense. The have a retro helmet from the 80's with a space age uniform that is way too loud and doesn't match the simple script white helmet. A white helmet and a black jersey when red is the main color? Yuck. But you can look at the lacrosse team at UM to prove it even more. The took the NIKE branding and just went louder with it. There is no thought put into it and they have worse logo creep than anyone, just more of it and more expensive.

While not on the TT topic (sorry) but on the topic of UA and Maryland, I think Maryland's Nike look was better. UA seemed to take the part of the design I like the least--that pants--and used them to develop a jersey.

This--

0503hollenbach.jpg

is better than this--

19523157.jpg

And it doesn't get worse than this. I feel their pain.

20086289.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Archived