White Sox Concept

Billy B

This is a concept I made for the White Sox. I used the current logos, but brought back the old colors. I also made the stirrups white with blue sanitaries, like they used to be.

WhiteSoxConcept.gif

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

The white stirrups are the best part of this concept. First, the very inclusion of stirrups is a big thumbs up. The fact they are white like in the '60's is an idea long overdue. I would still prefer a lighter blue like they wore then, but I can't argue too much against the 1959 colors.

LT

The thought is good and the white stirrups are nice. I keep of the school of thought that if the white sox were wearing their uniform right, they would have on white stockings or sanitaries. I think that their current duds are perfect, but perchance you can try to add some red to that set.

Overall, I give the concept a B+ (the + is for the white stirrups).

I wouldn't want to see the Sox switch since the last thing baseball needs is another navy/red team, but maybe they could wear something like this on the fourth of July.

I just thought of the ideea, so I decided to make it blue and red. It crossed my mind that there are too many blue and red teams, but I liked the colors for the Sox. I'll make the road jersey tomorrow and I'm thinking that red might be more prominent in the roads. Any more C&C would be appreciated.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

It looks too blank to have the interlocking SOX logo on just plain white with no pinstripes. White socks for the White Sox is a great development, of course, but no other aspect of this is superior to the current uniforms, or, for that matter, the 1987-1989 uniforms.

Never forget.

Just in general.

B)-->

QUOTE(Billy B @ Tuesday, May 1st, 2007 - 21:01:06)

This is a concept I made for the White Sox. I used the current logos, but brought back the old colors. I also made the stirrups white with blue sanitaries, like they used to be.

WhiteSoxConcept.gif

Apparently you've also brought back retired players...

Sorry, but this would be 3 blue/red in AL Central and two teams with the same colors in 1 city.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

I like these much better than what the White Sox have now. This shows actual color, while the black and silver they have now is just blah. The red in the logo on the caps look especially great.

Here is the road set. I made the current script red with a blue outline. The middle outline of the front numbers is gray instead of white. On the back, I made the numbers red with a gray and blue outline. But I kept the names the same color. The only thing that I'm not sure about is contrasting colors of the names and numbers on the back. The bill of the road cap is red. C&C please and an alternate uniform will be on its way.

I'm also going to recreate all the teams in the MLB so there will be less blue and red teams.

WhiteSoxConceptRoad.gif

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I decided not to do an alternate, it just wasn't looking good. I'll be posting another team ether tonight or tomorrow.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Apparently you've also brought back retired players...

Sorry, but this would be 3 blue/red in AL Central and two teams with the same colors in 1 city.

Apparently you've forgotten the White Sox were using Red/White/Blue long before the Twins (1902). Also, the Cubbies didn't start using Red/White/Blue fulltime until 1927 (first appeared in 1916). The Indians didn't start wearing RWB fulltime until 1933 (first appeared in 1927).

Now you may argue the Sox have been in existance for roughly 106 years and only used RWB for 29 of those seasons (1902,1917,1930,1932-1948,1982-1990), but I don't think it's that far of a stretch to see them in a RWB scheme as much as you make it out to be.

On to the concept though, this just isn't doing it for me. I love their current look, but I'd only change one thing.. make the damn socks white. I mean c'mon.

[On to the concept though, this just isn't doing it for me. I love their current look, but I'd only change one thing.. make the damn socks white. I mean c'mon.

Yeah, right now it would be more correct to call them the Black Sox :ninja:

LT

Those are really cool

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

There are some major pros and cons to this concept. First off, it has been said already that the Sox would make the 3rd team in the AL Central with navy and red, and the fourth with navy as a prominent color (Tigers). Therefore, the colors wouldn't work in real life. Next, to the concept, it seems pretty basic, and I like the red outline and the return to White Sox. However, the road jersey looks like the Indians' model, which also is a negative. C+

GENERAL COMMENT: Dude, your work needs a lot of cleanup. You have a workable idea but it's going to lose some of its luster. The logos have become pixelated and many of the lines are blurry from stretching and skewing your logos. Also, the straight-line player names don't work on baseball jerseys; save it for hockey or football.

HOME: This could work, though as many have said, there's an overload of navy/red teams at this point. The Sox wisely found a niche with silver and black; going back to be like everyone else would be a mistake IMO. The white stirrups are the right thing to do.

ROAD: Heck no. With so much emphasis on navy on the home set, why is the road set so red-dominant? Also, if you're using a wordmark for the front of the jersey, why is the number stuck on the wearer's right torso, underneath the lower aspect of the city name, while the other side of the jersey is essentially blank? Why is there an area around the neck of a gray jersey that's white? All the red and navy next to each other without a contrast color (like white) makes everything look even blurrier, and it's visually disturbing.

Before you set out to redesign all the MLB teams, work on your execution. Clean up your designs, really put some time, thought and effort into what you're doing. I'm not trying to pick on you; I'm hoping that you don't turn into another one of the group of people on here who throw tons of slop on the Concepts board with no evolution in their skill or maturation in their design and thought process. Anyone can churn out crap, but it does a disservice to the people who really take the time to hone their craft and use this board as a means of showcasing good, thoughtful, clean work. A 30-team redesign is far too ambitious for someone who's got a lot of work to do getting down the basics.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived