NFL ReColor Helmets

jPHat_sports

nflconferencesnx0.th.jpg

In this one, they're paired with which team they switched with. (I.E. - The Bills are paired with the Cowboys, Patriots with Redskins, etc)

nflconferencespj1.th.jpg

Some of them turned out really well... Others...not so much...

Comments, concerns, thoughts...

*Edit/Update* - Paired by biggest rivalries (as paired by ShinyHubCaps)

nflremixae1.th.jpg

nflconferencesnx0.th.jpg

In this one, they're paired with which team they switched with. (I.E. - The Bills are paired with the Cowboys, Patriots with Redskins, etc)

nflconferencespj1.th.jpg

Very nice! My faves are the Lions, Bengals and Eagles.

uta-big-sam-little-uta.png

nflconferencesnx0.th.jpg

nflconferencespj1.th.jpg

Wow, this is the best thing I have ever seen on these boards. :notworthy:

What's the logic behind what teams you decided to switch colors with (alphabetical, divisional...)?

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

That's a cool idea you had good job. I thought it was odd that Falcons and Ravens was matched up. When I first seen it the helmuts look so similar other than the color. I also liked the Seahawks one it looks like something that the native americans in the northwest would do.

nflconferencesnx0.th.jpg

nflconferencespj1.th.jpg

No offense to the OP, but seriously? A recolor is the best thing you've seen here?

As for the recolor, I would make sure that you arrange the colors in such a way that the logos are still visible. On the Jaguars one, the logo blends right into the shell. On others--such as the Seahawks, Bills, and Cardinals--you could arrange the colors a little bit better to make the logos more readable. Interesting idea.

Badger_zps8961c467.png

nflconferencesnx0.th.jpg

nflconferencespj1.th.jpg

No offense to the OP, but seriously? A recolor is the best thing you've seen here?

As for the recolor, I would make sure that you arrange the colors in such a way that the logos are still visible. On the Jaguars one, the logo blends right into the shell. On others--such as the Seahawks, Bills, and Cardinals--you could arrange the colors a little bit better to make the logos more readable. Interesting idea.

I was being sarcastic.

nflconferencesnx0.th.jpg

nflconferencespj1.th.jpg

I was being sarcastic.

If that's the case, why say anything at all? Being sarcastic isn't helpful at all. If you don't like something that someone has spent time working on, offer constructive criticism if you feel you must say something. Being sarcastic the way you did has no value at all; it just comes off as being jerky.

uta-big-sam-little-uta.png

What I did was go thru each team and determine the number of colors each team had.

Then I went to the opposite conference to get another team with the same number of color. Some had to stay in conference because of lack of teams with 2 color.

Then, I tried to make the recolor of the new helmet try to match the layout of the old helmet.

As for the Ravens and the Falcons...I was running out of good matchups. The Falcons used to have red helmets lol....

I was wondering why you had the Colts and Jets matching up (AFC) and Rams and Lions matching up (NFC), but you covered that well.

I think it would have been more fun if you would have recolored each team with their biggest rival.

I second this. It might be awkward for some with disparities in the number of colors (i.e. Colts vs. Titans, Jets vs. Patriots), but I would love to see it.

I think it would have been more fun if you would have recolored each team with their biggest rival.

I second this. It might be awkward for some with disparities in the number of colors (i.e. Colts vs. Titans, Jets vs. Patriots), but I would love to see it.

Make the matchups and I'll do it

I guess it would be by division, right? Correct me if I make any really bad selections:

Bills and Dolphins

Patriots and Jets

Ravens and Browns

Steelers and Bengals

Jaguars and Texans

Colts and Titans

Broncos and Chiefs

Chargers and Raiders

Giants and Eagles

Redskins and Cowboys

Packers and Bears

Lions and Vikings

Panthers and Buccaneers

Saints and Falcons

49ers and Seahawks

Cardinals and Rams

How'd I do?

EDIT: I just realized that there may be better ways of pairing them. I did the biggest rival I could think of in the division; however, for divisions like the NFC East, everybody is a rival of the Cowboys. I just put Cowboys with Redskins because it's the bigger rivalry, but Giants and Eagles isn't as big as Giants and Cowboys or Eagles and Cowboys. Same thing with the NFC North; Lions and Bears is good, and so is Vikings and Packers, but I put Bears and Packers together because it's the bigger rivalry. The other way, however, fits much better.

Archived