Colorado Rockies

Lights Out

rockies1.png

rockies2.png

rockies3.png

rockieshat1.png

I don't know about you, but I think the Rockies' best uniform in their entire history was their Turn Ahead the Clock set from 1998, with the mountain from their logo blown up to fit the vest. With that in mind, I took that idea and modified it to work for daily use. The mountain at the bottom is obviously the first thing to catch the eye, providing them a real identity and screaming, "WE ARE THE ROCKIES." Otherwise, I've tried to keep the rest of the uniform similar, but not exactly the same, as their current uniforms, with scripts and front numbers, and no futuristic font. By the way, this is not the last time I'll dip from the TATC well in my MLB concepts.

Yes, I know the hat is a little too busy to ever be worn by an MLB team or even a minor-league team, but I liked the way it looked.

Concepts?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Ok, here's the thing. I LOVE this. However, you're uniforms are missing the mountains and baseball on the other sides of the uniform. I wish you would see more designs like this in baseball. Unfortunately, the '70s and '80s have come and gone and the likelyhood of us seeing this sort of thing are slim. But man, I wish we could see stuff like this. Nice job.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Well, the baseball is missing part of it. You have to at least have that part carry over, if not the mountains.

I don't mind these. Pretty cool for an out-there idea.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I wouldn't mind this if it were only used for a few games, but this would be an eye-gouger to see on an everygame basis. Like you said, the 70's have come and gone, and I think it was for the better. (The concept is very well executed, I just wouldn't be too happy to see a team wearing this come gameday.)

LOL, I could see it hurting some eyes after a while... but it beats seeing yet another navy-and-pinstripes team.

Agreed. By the way, the added baseball looks better. However, I do suggest maybe adding a slop to each side of the mountain on the other side of the jersey just to give those mountains an ending. Because, leaving them to just disappear just looks to me.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

I like the idea! And I like the update of wrapping the ball around the side. If I were you, though, I'd drop the CR logo from the caps and just go with the mountain. With the look you're pushing for here, the mountain is the most recognizable piece, and it works as a cap logo all by itself.

Couple of personal nitpicks: the baseball purist in me still feels the need to have a road grey to compliment the home white. Also, it looks like you've got the NOB arced when the Rockies have traditionally been arced (like I said, nitpick :P ). It also seems like the NOB and number are a bit too far down on the bak, but maybe that's just me. Maybe it's that the name is smaller than usual?

Solid set!

2011 Colorado Rockies | Season from Hell

sig_11.png

I like the idea! And I like the update of wrapping the ball around the side. If I were you, though, I'd drop the CR logo from the caps and just go with the mountain. With the look you're pushing for here, the mountain is the most recognizable piece, and it works as a cap logo all by itself.

I'd be willing to try that.

Couple of personal nitpicks: the baseball purist in me still feels the need to have a road grey to compliment the home white.

I'm a bit wary about a grey uniform because I don't think it would look different enough from the white uniform. Also, this set is anything but "pure."

Also, it looks like you've got the NOB arced when the Rockies have traditionally been arced (like I said, nitpick :P ).

Um.... so I'm right in arcing it then?

Solid set!

Thanks!

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Great job but the only thing I don't like is the baseball on the hat. The hat looks WAY too crowded for my liking, but I think without the baseball it would look really good.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

Great job but the only thing I don't like is the baseball on the hat. The hat looks WAY too crowded for my liking, but I think without the baseball it would look really good.

I agree, but would go one step further and lose the ball from the jersey too.

Rule 1.11 (e) No part of the uniform shall include a pattern that imitates or suggests the shape of a baseball.

I suspect it is a rule that is not applied strictly, just in it's spirit (eg the Minnesota Twins have a sleeve patch that has a "ball", but it's unlikely to ever confuse anyone during play), but might be an issue if the Rockies ever wished to permanently use that top. Or it might not.

Archived