Baltimore Orioles Concept

piratesfan16

I am a big fan of board member Bmac. I decided to try my hand. This might become a series because I have about 20 MLB concepts I made 2 years ago. First I'll start with the Orioles. Thanks to Bmac for letting me use his templates. For the logo I liked the current one, but I decided upon a few tweaks. I made the Oriole more dynamic by making it fly. It has a baseball in it's feet while flying. In an alternate logo, the baseball serves a the dot to the 'i'. I also used a darker orange which I think is better IMO.

2gugqix.jpg

sqnuhu.jpg

Two more alternate logos I brought back are the two "swinging oriole" logos from 66-88. They serve as shoulder patches on alternate jerseys. There are minor tweaks like putting my custom "flying oriole on the cap, changing the eyes, and removing the teeth. I think that logo can work in any era.

nl8wmt.jpg

35n3gc7.jpg

So feel free to critique. I am uploading jersey ideas right after this.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Again, thank you to Bmac for the templates. I used the darker orange which I really like. I also used Braves style two-color piping which really works for the Orioles in my opinion. I used a black script with orange outline. The "flying oriole" serves as the shoulder patch and the cap logo. The old Baltimore script in used on the road. I apologize for the extreme blurriness as I made all of this in MS paint. You still get the idea. Feel free to critique. Alternates are after this.

21jumib.jpg

xqjiig.jpg

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

While your ideas are fine, your execution is lacking. It's very pixelated and blurry. Clean it up and repost it. As for the logos. The Primary logo looks very static, and doesn't really convey flight, and the birds anatomy seems fairly basic (like something I would have drawn when I was 8) and it's wings look more like flippers. Don't take my comments the wrong way, but keep up the hard work, and keep refining it. :)

I'm trying to render these as close as possible to the original work. MS Paint really takes a toll on them but I've learned a few things that will make it better next time. These upcoming are my biggest question marks. The "swinging oriole" is both a cap logo and in the circle shoulder patch. Here are a home and road version of the black alternate.

fd82na.jpg

122p3lf.jpg

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

I'm trying to render these as close as possible to the original work. MS Paint really takes a toll on them but I've learned a few things that will make it better next time. These upcoming are my biggest question marks. The "swinging oriole" is both a cap logo and in the circle shoulder patch. Here are a home and road version of the black alternate.

fd82na.jpg

122p3lf.jpg

I'm not trying to knock your work, but using MS Paint shouldn't be an excuse if you spend time on your work (not saying you didn't) Try saving as a .PNG or .GIF file so your work isn't pixelated.

Tips from an experienced paint user:

1.) Download Windows 7.

2.) Make your logos like 3500 x 3500 pixels, then run them through vectormagic. Smooth and professional-looking.

3.) Don't use Paint as an excuse.

My NHL Rebrand Blog

Check it out and comment.

1.) Download Windows 7.

2.) Make your logos like 3500 x 3500 pixels, then run them through vectormagic. Smooth and professional-looking.

I like that. It works great, thanks.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

1.) Download Windows 7.

I like that. It works great, thanks.

So are you going to post it?

25yzwqg.png

I believe the O's were the first to wear an orange alternate, and unlike the Giants, the Orioles are widely considered "orange first, black second." So I wouldn't consider it "stealing" from the Giants. The only thing I would be concerned about is if it's too bright; I would imagine that's why they stopped wearing them in the first place. But I agree, I think an orange alternate could work well as a Sunday home jersey (but not more than that). I'd like to see it happen, and since the team has been embracing the orange more in recent years (such as giving out orange Orioles T-shirts at games and even wearing their orange BP jerseys in regular season games), it's certainly a possibility.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Thanks everyone for the CC. I sharpened the lines, added more detail to the wings, made my own uniform template and added some more. I didn't realize it was considered trolling to have blurry images on here. Hopefull these are better. Enjoy.

jqgr5v.jpg

11u92dk.jpg

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Thanks everyone for the CC. I sharpened the lines, added more detail to the wings, made my own uniform template and added some more. I didn't realize it was considered trolling to have blurry images on here. Hopefull these are better. Enjoy.

Better, but it still looks more like an illustration than a logo. Try to thicken up the lines and use more distinct shapes, especially in the wing area.

My NHL Rebrand Blog

Check it out and comment.

Archived