NY Mets concept

xnylived

I was bored the other day and I got the idea for this color tweak/redesign. This is my first full concept so please... be gentle ;)

metsconcept.jpg

quick edit: meant to upload the image with blue tops/white pants. blue on blue hurt my eyes :P

I don't think it resembles the Yankees jerseys at all. But I think it's very drab. It's a cool look, but it needs a brighter contrasting color to liven it up a bit. Just because Shea Stadium is a big giant toilet doesn't mean the players have to look like the little cakes in the bowl :D

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I like 'em... but they are too close to the Yankees in terms of color scheme. But the jersey design itself is nice... I would keep blue and orange though.

I think you should arch the name on the back though... having it go straight across the back doesn't look good IMO (at least with that font). Also, on the alternate I wouldn't have the main color of the name be the same as the jersey with just a silver outline around it.

Other than that, I like 'em. I'd like to see this concept though with the Mets blue and orange scheme.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Those would make great (and probably popular) fashion jerseys, but they probably aren't very practical because, as jp said, there's not enough contrast.

Also, there's all that symbolism in the color scheme to worry about.

But it's damned nice-looking. Good work.

They Yankees aren't monochromatic. They use dark blue, white, some black and some red.

[mod delete: don't push me, this is stryke two]

- mon·o·chro·mat·ic (adj.)

1. Having or appearing to have only one color.

(definition from dictionary.com)

For purposes of this discussion, white and black don't count. Sure there's red in the Yankees logo, but that's not what's being discussed. The uniform is. And there's only navy blue.

If that doesn't fit the definition above to the letter, then tell me what does.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

They Yankees aren't monochromatic. They use dark blue, white, some black and some red.

show me the red on thier uniform

the primary logo does not count.

users here have used the term "monochromatic" to describe teams that basically use only one color and white on thier uniforms like the yankees, jets, red wings, to name a few

do your homework, NEWBIE! otherwise you make yourself look more like a tool then youve allready have

Was that retard crack really necessary?

The Yankees are monochromatic in their on-field identity (the uniforms), but not in their logos. So technically speaking, you're both right.

QPR%20Sig.png

the more you guys talk about it the more evident it becomes that it is kinda monochrome. I am not a big fan of the orange but I think I am gonna give it a shot later/tomorrow. You're also correct about the blue logo on the blue jersey, that was just a total f up on my part :(

Very nice, I do miss the orange but very good concepts. The #s are a bit big -

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Personal note to RyanB06, ICS and Moser316: Please edit out the offensive insult on your quotes, if you please.

Thanks.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Personally I think it's a pretty cool and really inventive concept. The only thing about it I don't really like is how you've got the two small lines for the piping as opposed to a solid color. I think the Devil Rays are the only team doing it... but I also kinda think there's a reason for it. I never really liked the way that looks, but that's just one man's opinion. I think it'd look better if it was just a solid blue. Just a LITTLE orange somewhere in there wouldn't hurt either.

And what's with the arbitrary insulting of someone's choice of descriptive word? Isn't that in itself kind of "retarded?"

Personal note to RyanB06, ICS and Moser316: Please edit out the offensive insult on your quotes, if you please.

Thanks.

Why? We're not the ones who said it, and we were offended by the person who did. I don't see the point in removing it from our quotes...

QPR%20Sig.png

Archived