Uniforms you are Surprised are Still Around

OnWis97

I just came here to mention the Brewers. Do they not realize how silly it makes them look to have a stadium full of fans wearing different colors than the actual team on most nights? Its not like they've won a pennant with the current look, or even been to the playoffs more times with it than during the BiG era; and even then, the throwback inspired look was part of the team's identity in 2008 and 2011.

The Brewers have a good look, I believe, but it's clear that the fanbase would prefer the ballglove days to return.

I'd say it's more "passable" than "good." The dropshadows are superfolous and outdated, the font is terrible, and the colors don't even come close to standing out against the other 12 (or so) teams that use navy.

At this point, I'd settle for a color swap of navy and gold for royal and yellow, but I'd still feel ripped off if they went that route. I'm not saying bring back 1982 or even 1992 (my personal favorite), just something with the brighter colors and more personality, if not a more classic look.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Without the contrasting side panel, I think the current Bengals jerseys would be perfect. For some reason, I'm also bothered by a tiger logo on a uniform with so many tiger stripes already around. Didn't see that coming... I really like the full-bodied tiger logo on its own, but I hate the way it looks on the previous set.

As is always the case with these kinds of threads: uniformsidontlike.jpg".

Anyway, four pages in & how have these not been brought up??

Bengals_display_image.png

Screen+Shot+2013-03-03+at+11.16.12+AM.pn

Hard to believe these have been around unchanged (save for the Nikelace) for a solid decade now. At the very least, I figured they'd have modified if not outright changed the numbers (or at least eliminated the drop shadow). In any case, even straightening out that pants stripe would do wonders to help this look--but I can't for the life of me understand how this still exists.

(Then again, given what passes for "modern innovation" these days, I suppose these may be somewhat tame by comparison.)

What I'd love to see the Bengals do:

Make the orange jerseys the primaries, sans the side panels.

Remove the yoke from the road jerseys, so there are only stripes on the sleeves.

Make the white pants the only option.

Lose the number shadow and B logo and go back to a traditional collar.

Bring back this look as an alternate:

112497boomerfist_451x550.jpg

Voila! The Bengals are instantly catapulted from one of the messier looks in the league to one of the best.

Archived