Dallas Stars Stadium Series Concept

shane1551

I'm a huge Stars fan and would love to see the boys under flood lights at an NHL Stadium Series game. Now I'm sure Jerry Jones could fork over enough money to get a game in his beloved stadium, but I've always assumed they'd be the visiting team in an outdoor affair. A game in Minnesota would be perfect for everyone, but you know the NHL. On to the concept.

Jj5KAdt.png

I've read many times that the star pattern jersey is\n't compatible with the Reebok template, but I did it anyhow. Its our most memorable look. There must be some way they could oblige. Its basically an updated version of that look. The socks look kind of funky, but other than that I think the new brand translates pretty well to the vintage look. Also I didn't know how to apply a chrome look to the logo, but if they insist on doing that it wouldn't look too bad on our logo.

The issue I have with this jersey is the way the star points on the jersey don't match up with the logo. It happened on the original and happens here. Not a fault of yours, just a flaw in the design (almost as if this jersey style was originally made for something else...lol). One of those once you see it you can't help but notice it things.

I'm a huge Stars fan and would love to see the boys under flood lights at an NHL Stadium Series game. Now I'm sure Jerry Jones could fork over enough money to get a game in his beloved stadium, but I've always assumed they'd be the visiting team in an outdoor affair. A game in Minnesota would be perfect for everyone, but you know the NHL. On to the concept.

Jj5KAdt.png

I've read many times that the star pattern jersey is\n't compatible with the Reebok template, but I did it anyhow. Its our most memorable look. There must be some way they could oblige. Its basically an updated version of that look. The socks look kind of funky, but other than that I think the new brand translates pretty well to the vintage look. Also I didn't know how to apply a chrome look to the logo, but if they insist on doing that it wouldn't look too bad on our logo.

You made it look about as good as it can be, but honestly that template will never be acceptable for an NHL team, even one-off.

Phillies, Bears, and new NYFC fan.

The uniform looks great. Perfect mix of the fantastic rebrand and the cup winning togs. I don't see why that template would be unacceptable for an NHL team, especially when you consider what the Avalanche look like right now. The logo and star outlines don't need to line up either, that would look ridiculous.

Jj5KAdt.png

You made it look about as good as it can be, but honestly that template will never be acceptable for an NHL team, even one-off.

And why is that?

As far as a past-meets-present mashup goes, this isn't bad. Especially if this is one of your first concepts.

Strictly speaking the star stripe design actually could work on an Edge uniform, as evidenced by last year's Mighty Ducks Throwback Night. With that said, I don't think the Stars Cup-era jerseys have aged all that well. They looked great with Modano & Co. hoisting the Cup and they made some of the best use of the franchise's colours, but in an era of mostly simpler uniform designs I don't think it's a great look for an NHL team today.

I wouldn't mind if they brought it back for a Throwback Night, but it doesn't fit in with the "futuristic" mindset of the Stadium Series (which itself led to some mixed results, and the Godawful chrome logos which I pray and hope never see the light of day again). Maybe take a look at some of last season's designs and challenge yourself to improve on those :)

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Archived