Good and Bad World Series matchups... uniformly speaking

johnnysama

In the 110+ history of MLB's World Series, many great and not-so-great uniform matchups have happened. But there are still many that have yet to happen. Which hypothetical World Series matchups, I ask, would you love to see, and what would you dread?

GOOD: Mariners/Dodgers. One owns the teal look, the other has a timeless Dodger blue look. A very great series that should be good if it happens.

Red Sox/Phillies: Two red teams going at one another? That'd be fun to watch.

Blue Jays/Dodgers, Royals/Dodgers: Nothin' but blue. Nothin' but a magnificent matchup.

BAD and/or UGLY: It's hard to round any out. Too many teams wear navy blue and/or read, it's hard to say.

UBwef0L.png

I was expecting this to be about this year, and I really couldn't think of a bad matchup. Good classic looks all around for the most part.

I'll go Mariners-Cubs for the teal and obvious reasons.

I was expecting "historic" and in my memory, Red Sox/Cardinals is probably the best.

But now, give me Twins and whoever (as a fan)...

...seriously,

Combos involving A's/Yanks/BoSox/Tigers....Cards/Cubs

Worst:

Combos involving Marlins/Brewers/Rockies/DBacks ... Indians/Rangers

(Based on the above, I guess I favor AL uniforms)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

GOOD:

Cardinals/Athletics

Yankees/Phillies

White Sox/Cubs

BAD:

Indians/Marlins

Reds/Angels

Royals/Dodgers

Yankees/Phillies isn't a hypothetical. It happened five years ago

102711-2009-world-series.jpg

A's/Pirates to me would be gold heaven

I agree on the A's and Pirates, but even if the Yankees and Phillies did happen, it was still a good combo.

Archived