Red and Black (North?) Stars logo at Maple Leaf Gardens

cmm

Maple Leaf Gardens would show out of town scores using panels with team logos like this:

RSCN0189.JPG

Some insomnia inspired late night googling turned up this odd North Stars panel that was auctioned off back in April:

237a_med.jpeg

Does anyone know if this was really used at Maple Leaf Gardens or why it had the wrong colors? Here's the auction listing:

http://auctions.frozenpond.com/minnesota-stars-out-of-town-scoreboard-panel-fro-lot237.aspx

They say it's a North Stars logo, but I guess it's possible they thought the team would change colors when they moved to Texas.

It's funny...I actually recall that sign. I believe they were in Dallas when I saw that sign in the gardens but I was so young I don't recall exactly. (but guessing my age and doing the math they must have been, not the point)

It showed up red and black. the back-light did not change anything.

I remember asking my dad "why did they do that?", like he was going to know.

I assume someone just screwed up and it may have cost a fair amount to make a new sign so it was just a little while before they replaced the screw up

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Archived