echl new duds

pagan696

early post... just missed the start of the news flash but did see new jerseys (and colors?) for charlotte's echl checkers. on the TV news tonight they looked light, and after searching the long way (since their website is not current) found this

charlotte_checkers_jersey.jpg

and from last year to compare

bilotto01.jpg

i'll see more in tommorrows paper. the striping is very Pitt Penns, only with checker flag accent. i'm also curious if they switched back to Bruins affiliate or keeping in the Rangers system (or duh, Penns?).

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

looks like someone took the preview from icejerseys.com for the penguins, and then photoshopped them....

either way, i believe that this IS the new design... but yeah... it's still terrible. just less so.

it's like the common cold. it'd be better if it weren't contagious, but that still wouldn't make it something you'd put on your christmas list.

and for a blast from the past, all the wayyyy back to 2000 j/k

lee.jpg

don't know who the girl is, the player is Lee Hamilton (who?), the rink guy has on the blue alts which are my fav of that era. i like that logo/color version best.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

and for a blast from the past, all the wayyyy back to 2000 j/k

lee.jpg

don't know who the girl is, the player is Lee Hamilton (who?), the rink guy has on the blue alts which are my fav of that era. i like that logo/color version best.

I like the balck one...

The checker motif is subtle.

As for the Pens stock... I think NHL team shoud copyright their colour combos and not allow minor pro to use them.

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

As for the Pens stock... I think NHL team shoud copyright their colour combos and not allow minor pro to use them.

Good Idea!!! Look at what the Aeros did :cursing:

Good Idea!!! Look at what the Aeros did :cursing:

Probably worst to steal a stock that's not your parent..

At least Aeros fan can show up with a Wild shirt of a player that keeps going up and down (and vice versa in Minny) and keep the colour scheme going...

:wacko:

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

OK, I like the look form this new (huge) photo... but then I start to think... their NAME is the Checkers. Seems like the checkered pattern shoudl appear at least SOMEWHERE.

Shouldn't it?

Oh yeah, and the Pens jersey.. obviously photoshopped... the clue to looking for that (or doign it right yourself) is look at the whites... in the above case, the white is true, bright, and even on the logo.. but on the jersey itself.. it is muddled, greyish, and ineven. Easy tipoff. Alos, the saturation of the colors often doesn't match.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

thanks for the find GDI. that same photo is in our paper (only smaller :D ).

don't know what the image i posted came from or why. i guess i'll reserve my rush to post til all the facts check out, d'oh!

from the look of the actual jerseys, keeping in the Ranger style is ok by me. i even like the addition of the sleeve logo san logotype. it's better than the old "CC" oval worn in the past.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

Archived