College Football Sweet 16

martymcfry

SFnFDVG.png

In this series, sixteen of college football's most elite teams will each get a one-off uniform, designed especially for that team. These uniforms are meant to represent the honor and pride in which these teams play. Whether they are a service academy or level of the highest education in the world, these teams play College Football like no other.

The teams uniforms will be released every four days, starting with Wisconsin.

KjYjvay.png

Wisconsin has never had a blackout, but I figured it's time to start. It's not BFBS, since they do have some black in their logo. It's really just a blackout of their current look. I think I got the sleeves right but I'm not sure. Anyway, the helmet is supposed to be matte, while the stripe is closer to a glossy shade. Air Force will be up Saturday, Dec. 6.

While I hate the concept of a blackout for Wisconsin, and it most certainly is BFBS despite the tiny bits of black in their logo, I think if you're going to do it, do it well.

You either need to lose the white in the logo on the helmet, or add white to the rest of the uniform. The inconsistency kills it right now. While you're at it, make the back and nose bumper of the helmet black as well. The white sticks out.

While I hate the concept of a blackout for Wisconsin, and it most certainly is BFBS despite the tiny bits of black in their logo, I think if you're going to do it, do it well.

You either need to lose the white in the logo on the helmet, or add white to the rest of the uniform. The inconsistency kills it right now. While you're at it, make the back and nose bumper of the helmet black as well. The white sticks out.

Okay... I can do that but does the white ruin the set? I'll post an update in a few minutes here but I don't think the white outline makes the set inconsistent, and it definitely does kill it.

What was criteria for selecting the teams?

Nothing. I picked them randomly :lol:

Obviously. "Elite" probably was not the best choice of words...

I'm interested to see what you come up with though. But yes, the white on Wisconsin's helmet does ruin the look. The red and black look alone is pretty good. Still doesn't feel too much like the Badgers to me though.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

What was criteria for selecting the teams?

Nothing. I picked them randomly :lol:

Obviously. "Elite" probably was not the best choice of words...

I'm interested to see what you come up with though. But yes, the white on Wisconsin's helmet does ruin the look. The red and black look alone is pretty good. Still doesn't feel too much like the Badgers to me though.

Yeah, especially Air Force. But I what was I going to say? College football's worst teams? :lol: .

Me being the huge badger fan I am I personally think they shouldn't have a blackout uni. Maybe black pants at the most but it foreshore needs more white somewhere.

Regarding yours and Clintau24's post, the idea is for an alternate. Wisconsin should never use black in their regular uniforms.

As long as it's only one game I don't mind Wisconsin going blackout.

Thank you! That's what I've trying to say all along.

The front and back numbers seem small.

Yeah, I'm still working with this template. Don't worry, it'll get better

Your numbers are really small. I'd look at some pictures of Wisconsin's current uniforms to get the idea of correct size. Here are two examples I found:

1117-gordon-wis-ap.jpg

Wisconsin%20Iowa%20Football-1.jpg?ve=1&t

Yeah, that's what I was worried that. I guess the pictures I got were old. I'll fix it.

Archived