MLS Atlanta 2017 Brand ID Concept (NEW UPDATE 3/24)

aawagner011

Hello,

I want to show you guys a project I have worked on for a few weeks. I've been sitting on it for a couple of months and managed to show it to the new President of MLS Atlanta at a meet-and-greet event. He asked for my hard copy I brought so who knows what will come of it?

Anyways, usually I would love C&C, but seeing as I have already "signed off" on it and presented it to a few people, I think it's a finished product. I love the imagery from the City of Atlanta flag and seal and also think it would fit in perfectly with the Falcons. The team colors have already been decided by the club.

Please feel free to comment with your thoughts! All are appreciated. Just ignore that the images show 7 pages...the last few pages were just contact information for the hard copy I provided Darren Eales at the meet-and-greet.

34nf685.png

2mgtpl.png

1qshlk.png

This is solid. Given that I'm not a fan of any of the names they're considering, I feel like you've made a silk purse out of a sow's ear. I like that you've taken the currently-popular roundel shape and made it more unique. I wonder about the amount of smaller print working in smaller applications, but beyond that, I'm sold--and hopefully the Atlanta group is too. Kudos.

rATMcmK.png

Thanks for the comment. That was one of the issues for me, too... I didn't love any names I had seen and prefer it to focus on the city. You can use the imagery of the crest to still give it an identity, just like Manchester United are know as the Red Devils, Arsenal as the Gunners, etc.

You are right, and it never occurred to me...the Silverbacks have worn both a horizontal red and black shirt as well as a sash shirt. Good catch. And I do like the continuation of the bird theme but the primary intention was to use the motif from the city seal and flag.

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, I have updated my concept from a few months back. Let me know what you think.

Key changes include:

-A tweaked color scheme, which is more subdued

-The removal of the lower text, which made it clunky and interrupted the flow

-The removal of the base of the flame

-An enlarged flame

-A fading red stroke to better integrate with the lower design

-A new, lighter red stroke on the outset of the larger red stroke

fdd8pj.png

Here is an update using Vegas gold instead of the brighter yellowish-gold.

2sayw5x.png

Shocked I never saw this concept before. The updated logo looks even better, but it would be nicer to make the flames equal from both ends. And the main larger flame be in the middle where its point is at the bird's tail's gap.

If you're still willing to tweak the jerseys, may I throw some C&C?

77QSUj8.pngqCeHhp1.png?1

Shocked I never saw this concept before. The updated logo looks even better, but it would be nicer to make the flames equal from both ends. And the main larger flame be in the middle where its point is at the bird's tail's gap.

If you're still willing to tweak the jerseys, may I throw some C&C?

Thanks for the input, Car Geek. The inspiration for the flame originated from the 96 Olympic flame which is an odd shape. Building the rest around that required me to make it a little organic and therefore not symmetrical. And have at it with the kits man! All C&C is welcome. I will likely redo them as I've got a new kit template.

***EDIT*** I have added a Vegas gold option in the above post.

Archived