New York Islanders: Do You Like Fishsticks?

MrWonka

Pretty certain my last 2 full Anaheim Ducks home and away sets have had this half sleeve stripe design. I brought it along for the ride with this one. Introducing green into the color scheme and eliminating the 'bronze/gold' and silver. Thought it's a nice mix of heritage and modern elements creating...in my opinion, a sleek and defining jersey.

apdanp.jpg

1.) Anaheim Ducks

2.) New York Islanders (Fisherman)

Side note: This thread might be the new home to my 'post everything' hockey concepts. I'll update the thread title to what has been added. Instead of cluttering the boards with one alternate thread at a time or starting a 3rd jersey series that won't be finished because I have no intention of doing every team ..or any set goals for what teams I want to do. When I have an idea that pops into my head I make it. Simple as that. That's one reason why I do not like to do requests.

Love the modern striping in this set a lot. Not to be a pushover, but did you end up converting the Nike template to PSD? If not, don't wo about it.

Hmmm...which Nike Template? I don't remember ever having a Nike template to convert.

It looks pretty good, but I would have to see the pants and socks in order to make a full judgment. The numbers on the back might be a little big, but maybe that's just me.

Also, Anaheim Diucks?

Yea, it's a new spelling they're using for next year. It's silent though.

As for the numbers it might seem that way but on a template laid flat ..the numbers are almost as wide as the straight back stitching. And on a template like this that stitching is barely shown because of the way the jersey is folding to the sides. So it may look like it but imagine there is more jersey to the right and left because of the sides ..as if someone is wearing it.

Blackhawks52.png

Love the modern striping in this set a lot. Not to be a pushover, but did you end up converting the Nike template to PSD? If not, don't wo about it.

Hmmm...which Nike Template? I don't remember ever having a Nike template to convert.
The Olympic template. It doesn't really matter, I found the template I've been looking for instead

That's what- She

The Olympic template. It doesn't really matter, I found the template I've been looking for instead

Like this?

ColinMay-NikeSwift%2528ver2%2529.png

Like this?ColinMay-NikeSwift%28ver2%29.png
Yeah, unless I'm not looking hard enough on HJC (which is very possible). And your Hawks looks great.

That's what- She

As for the numbers it might seem that way but on a template laid flat ..the numbers are almost as wide as the straight back stitching. And on a template like this that stitching is barely shown because of the way the jersey is folding to the sides. So it may look like it but imagine there is more jersey to the right and left because of the sides ..as if someone is wearing it.

Blackhawks52.png

Gotcha. Another thing I just noticed though, and this may just be another template thing and super nitpicky, but there are points where the side numbers overlap the white stripe on the jersey when in reality the number would be partially cut off in this view.

Blackhawks52.png

Gotcha. Another thing I just noticed though, and this may just be another template thing and super nitpicky, but there are points where the side numbers overlap the white stripe on the jersey when in reality the number would be partially cut off in this view.

Right, at that point it's just me trying to show the full number. In jerseys with shoulder patches I show half of it too even though you wouldn't see that much. As much as it might not look as nice with that overlap, I don't think it looks good at all with part of the numbers cut off. However yes you are correct the numbers shouldn't be showing that much.

Damn that shade of Green and Orange look perfect together. I also love that template you used. I noticed a very small mistake, the collar is reversed on the back side. Other than that, it's perfect.

Seeing it now, I really like it.... but I don't enjoy the idea of mixing elements like that in side paneling and diagonal stripes.

Side panels?

Looks pretty good. You could try making the hockey sticks orange to fit better with the rest of the uniform.

I thought this but decided to use the bronze they have because the sticks in the Mighty Ducks era was a bright yellow which I think doesn't belong there but I thought I'd bring the weirdly colored sticks along for the ride.

Damn that shade of Green and Orange look perfect together. I also love that template you used. I noticed a very small mistake, the collar is reversed on the back side. Other than that, it's perfect.

:P

Going to be winners and losers with the jerseys I upload, I realize that so I'd like to thank you all for your thoughts, nice to know how others think.

That being said, let's visit a throwback that is almost the opposite to the Mighty Ducks look. The dreaded fishsticks logo. Though I hate the jerseys the Islanders wore, I want one of those jerseys. When news broke this year that the fishsticks jersey was coming back for warmups in one game for the Islanders this season I was so excited to see them in action one more time. However, if you all kept up with it...it was just the logo on a blue practice jersey..boring.

f2ln9z.jpg

Chatter chatter chatter, there is the jersey. Mixing the wavy...out of the box-modern shape of the sleeves (inspired from the original fishsticks jersey) and a traditional base hem I came up with something that I think looks...nice. It's respectable...except..no one will like that logo.

Man, that title made me remember of the YouTube song "Do you like waffles" from yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrssssssss ago. Not sure if that was intended or naw.

Any way this jersey is great. One of my favorite uses of a wave-type striping I've seen.

One little teenie tiny thing. On the inside collar, isn't that only suppsoed to be a solid color because if I'm certain there's not supposed to be stitching there.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

The way you integrated the wave pattern into a shoulder-to-sleeve yoke is clever and looks great with the nautically themed identity package. In fact from the front, I'd say the concept is perfect. The only suggestion I would make is to reduce the number of colours, on the numbers, from three to two. Blue numbers outlined in aqua would look really sharp. As would blue ones outlined in white, then orange as a sort of throwback to the pre-edge numbers. Just a suggestion, either way its a great looking jersey! Wouldn't mind seeing a reverse version.

Archived