New York Islanders: Do You Like Fishsticks?

MrWonka

Although the Gordon fishermen logo was considered one of the worst NHL uniforms of all time by all hockey fans, I myself, liked the wave design on the uniforms themselves. The Isles replaced the fisherman with the original logo, I don't know why it wasn't popular?

Although the Gordon fishermen logo was considered one of the worst NHL uniforms of all time by all hockey fans, I myself, liked the wave design on the uniforms themselves. The Isles replaced the fisherman with the original logo, I don't know why it wasn't popular?

At that point I think it was just bad taste ..

I actually don't mind the fisherman logo, and I would love to see this uniform worn as an alternate. Only complaint is that the shoulder logo runs into the striping, but that may be the same thing you did with the ducks' numbers, to show more of it.

CottonBowl_zpsc664d73a.png

4vAzk2u.png

Star championship signature credit to packerfan21396

yes I very much do enjoy fishsticks.....

I too was pissed that the actual jersey didnt show up with all that hype yet Anaheim and Winnipeg come out sporting Selanne jerseys, even old Koho ones or whatever on a Reebok template. Anyway, these are freaking great. Although I would prefer also having a have on the hem, it is pretty bad ass as is.

Again, a nice thanks to the responses. I would upload the changes but my laptop last night shut off unexpectedly and when I got it back on my files that were open in the program were corrupted. Doing a bit of research to see if there is a way to restore them in someway..until then I'll have to remake the template..might do some concepts on others though until then.

I wouldn't mind seeing a colored version of the islanders one. I almost kinda imagine if the Isles kept the fisherman from the 96 rebrand that after a few changes it would look like that today.

These are the two options I had when I was choosing which I would use. I liked the white better...idk, it just seems sharper to me (i usually like whites better for most teams). Also, without the wavy hem I think the blue hem was almost pointless with it...looking at this now I wish I made the jersey orange just to try it out, I think that could have looked nice.

B7hFwdQIMAIJFwD.png

Love the islanders. I dont live in us why was this logo disliked? Nice uniforms very smart and capture the idea perfectly

The Islanders logo now (the one they had before they made the switch) was basically a brand that was very nice and well known. Almost untouchable I'm assuming to their fan base. So the switch was not only changing a look that the team won 4 straight Stanley Cups in, but in general at the time it just..didn't look good at all.

Love the islanders. I dont live in us why was this logo disliked? Nice uniforms very smart and capture the idea perfectly

The Islanders logo now (the one they had before they made the switch) was basically a brand that was very nice and well known. Almost untouchable I'm assuming to their fan base. So the switch was not only changing a look that the team won 4 straight Stanley Cups in, but in general at the time it just..didn't look good at all.

Thanks you sir for the education on usa logos.

Spoiler

icsd9c.png

NI BANNER 2.png

Thanks you sir for the education on usa logos.

Also, the logo bears some resemblance to an old mascot for an American frozen-fish company--ergo the remarks about "fish sticks."

rATMcmK.png

Archived