Which do you perfer on your team....

habsfannova

Which style do you perfer?  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I like the last names on the road jersey, but none on the home. I wish my Canadiens would adopt that! ^_^

What do you think?

I think NHL rules state a team must have names on their jersey's.

Any, I perfer names on all but baseball. To me Baseball unis look great without names.

I like the last names on the road jersey, but none on the home.  I wish my Canadiens would adopt that! ^_^

What do you think?

Any, I perfer names on all but baseball. To me Baseball unis look great without names.

I know they do. Just wishing.... ^_^

All jerseys should have 'em. To me, it's the height of arrogance (but, hey, that's where they LIVE) for the Yankee$ to expect casual fans tuning in to KNOW the name of every guy on their roster...

If I owned the Orioles, one night the Yankee$ would be announced as "some guy wearing #51, some guy wearing #2...etc). On a day game after a night game, do YOU know the name of the backup who's behind the plate? :cursing:

No names on football uniforms look rediculous and there never should be without IMO. Some baseball teams can pull it off without. Yankees, Cubs, Red Sox, Cardinals, Giants (I know they don't all have them without, but those are teams I think could pull it off) But if the Devil Rays or the Diamondbacks came out without, stupid. Hockey could be cool without. (i'd have to see them) Basketball needs em. (just not with Isiah and Thomas on them!) Soccer could go either way. Most have them but I think it'd work.

don't ask me why I feel this way, I really have no reasons. Just my opinions.

Personally I think it depends on the sport. Football and hockey are sports that are played at a fast pace, in which case you really don't want to be going "who was that?" and thumbing through a program trying to determine who made the play or who was substituted.

Baseball and basketball, on the other hand, are a bit slower paced, with players introduced when they come to bat or are substituted. Thus, I feel all baseball teams (and basketball to a certain extent) could get away without having names on the back due to the pace of the sport.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

I like the last names on the road jersey, but none on the home.  I wish my Canadiens would adopt that! ^_^

What do you think?

And I'm pretty sure it states it has to be Contrasting colour...

Ask LEafs' fans about that...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

All jerseys should have 'em. To me, it's the height of arrogance (but, hey, that's where they LIVE) for the Yankee$ to expect casual fans tuning in to KNOW the name of every guy on their roster...

If I owned the Orioles, one night the Yankee$ would be announced as "some guy wearing #51, some guy wearing #2...etc). On a day game after a night game, do YOU know the name of the backup who's behind the plate? :cursing:

But I bet when the Yankees come into town program sells are up.

The thing is the letters are do small if your sitting in the stands you can't read the names anyway.

And to answer the backup catcher for the Yankees is John Flaherty, and number 51 is Bernie Williams.

How about instead of names and numbers, each player wears a personal logo on the back?

If we had a Chris Creamer Intramural league, I bet thats what our jerseys would have on the backs instead of numbers. But WiB, how would you get the flag on your jersey to wave? :P

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

In this day and age of players switching teams more rapidly than ever, I think names are helpful. If we're talking purely looks, than baseball can be without at least home's), but with teams constantly trading for new players, calling guys up for a start or two, etc., I think you need names. Ask me this 20 years ago and my opinion would probably be a lot different.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived