Expos concept

JetsLuvver

Even if they don't keep they don't keep the Expos name, that logo still just spells DC.

It is an absolutely WICKED concept.

I love that relocated teams keep in touch with their roots.

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

is the dc suppost to form a W?cause I dont see it, like the elb forms an M.

If you could make it really sort of look like a W than that logo would be perfect.

great concept

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

Even if they don't keep they don't keep the Expos name, that logo still just spells DC.

Thank you Captain Obvious! ^_^

Cleaned up, that might actually work. I'd like to see them stay the Montreal Expos, but DC Expos is a distant second.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

"Expos" is such a locale specific name. I'm of the opinion that it wouldn't work in DC... then again, I think that the Utah Jazz, LA Lakers, Arizona Cardinals and Memphis Grizzlies are all stupid names for their current locations, but a lot of people couldn't see those teams being named anything else.

is the dc suppost to form a W?cause I dont see it, like the elb forms an M.

If you could make it really sort of look like a W than that logo would be perfect.

great concept

Why a Dub-Ya?

I would assume D.C. would stand INSTEAD of Washington?

The Expos logo is supposed to include the letters of the full incorporated name:

Club de

Baseball

Expos

Montreal

@Frenchie_TO

"Expos" is such a locale specific name. I'm of the opinion that it wouldn't work in DC... then again, I think that the Utah Jazz, LA Lakers, Arizona Cardinals and Memphis Grizzlies are all stupid names for their current locations, but a lot of people couldn't see those teams being named anything else.

Don't forget the Hull (Gatineau...) Olympiques?

When were the olympics held in Hull?

I guaranty they will never be there either.

But I digress.

I have to agree that as much as I love the 'spos and wnat them to stay, it may be a better legacy to keep the name where it belongs...

Anything big happening in DC in 2005 that would compar to an "Expo"?

@Frenchie_TO

i see what you mean but the dc is in a weird shape, and turning into a W would make it just that much sweeter, being WDC.

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

I think having something similar would be a cool idea. As long as it doesn't looked forced. I was trying to put the capital in as the middle part of the W and using the d and c on the sides. It definatly looked forced. So I give up.

Call em the....Senators. Then its a degroatory name for Old White Men to counteract the Redskins who will play in the same stadium :D

Archived