LeSean McCoy Bills jersey swap edit

FGWB

Tried my hand at editing a McCoy photo from the Eagles jersey to his new Bills jersey. I'm pretty satisfied with how it came out, just wanted to share with you guys and get any feedback for future edits.

avpmbl.jpg

bufg.png

This looks really great and I love that you used a snow pic, and also pulled it off with the snow because that probably made things a slight bit more difficult. Nice nice job. You even got the nose bumper.

This is ridiculously impressive. One of the best jersey swaps I've ever seen. And as SG30 said, the fact that you worked around the snow makes this even more impressive.

I'd love a little more insight into your process. Did you take parts of images from Bills players and work them onto McCoy, or was it all from scratch?

This is ridiculously impressive. One of the best jersey swaps I've ever seen. And as SG30 said, the fact that you worked around the snow makes this even more impressive.

I'd love a little more insight into your process. Did you take parts of images from Bills players and work them onto McCoy, or was it all from scratch?

Thank you all for the kind words.

And although a good magician never reveals his tricks, I'll do it here only because we're all of the creative mind so maybe I can help an aspiring designer.

But yes, I used bits and pieces only from two different players. The jersey and helmet were from two? if not just one photo of Spiller in a similar position. The dimensions although very close, were obviously not straight on. So after cutting the jersey, clone stamping to fill out some of the blue, stretching the jersey to fit as closely as possible, and taking away the 8 from the jersey I moved onto the helmet which was a bit trickier since it looks like they may use two different helmets/facemasks. Once I erased the 8, I searched for a photo of LB Jerry Hughes (#55) in a similar stance to get the best look for a skewed #5. Voila. We've got us a jersey.

As for the snow, which many of you are curious about. As I mentioned working on the jersey as the main focus, it clearly stood out since it was the only part without snow. So all I did was select a section of the snowfall, top right I believe, where there's nothing interrupting the background. Then I pasted it a few times to cover the jersey area, then played with layer blending options which ended up being "screen" I believe. Since snow flurries are generally erratic with no order, it was an easy fix. As for the top texture layer overlaid onto the entire image, that was just something I like working with, plus it also helps to hide a few imperfections.

Thank you guys again, for all the positive feedback. I've been considering doing some more, such as DeMarco Murray, or a few newer Bills additions but no immediate plans. I will surely keep you posted if I decide to do so.

bufg.png

Archived