Concept Thread Think Tank

raysox

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm considering jumping into the "Into the ___-Verse" waters with a Milwaukee themed series. I did something similar several years ago, but was on a much smaller scale ("What if the Bucks expanded their brand to other leagues?" basically) but it was only logos for about 5-6 concepts. This one would remove the Bucks branding constraint (not completely though) and I want to try to go beyond the logos and add uniforms, helmets, etc. I'll need to find some uniform templates for this so it won't be something I do quickly but I am also trying to think of some scenarios. I do want them to have some level of plausibility (so no moving the Yankees to Milwaukee, lol) but am willing to suspend disbelief to some degree.

Here's what I got so far, does anyone have any ideas I may not have thought of?

What if... the Bucks started a team in the ____? (this is basically the redo of my past project)

• Indoor Football League? - prev. used the name Staghorns
  • Major League Rugby?  - prev. used the name White Harts
  • National Hockey League? - prev. used the name Comets
  • National LaCrosse League?  - prev. used the name Blaze
  • Women's National Basketball Association?  - prev. used the name Does

Baseball

• What if... Milwaukee's first NL Team survived?
  • What if... the AA Brewers bought the AAGPBL Chicks?
  • What if... Milwaukee kept the Braves?

Basketball

• What if... the Hawks stayed in Milwaukee?
  • What if... the Does join the WNBA without the Bucks' help?

Football

• What if... the Packers permanently moved to Milwaukee?
  • What if... the Badgers survived?
  • What if... UW-Milwaukee kept its football team?
  • What if... AFL vers.3.0 revived the Mustangs?

Hockey

• What if...the NHL came to Milwaukee in 1990? - a chance to do a very 90's expansion team concept
  • What if...the Coyotes chose to come to Milwaukee? - would keep the name but change the logo/uniforms to better fit the region.

Soccer

• What if... one of my 'Name the Team' submissions for their USL-Championship team win? (I submitted two names- Cream City FC and Smelting MKE)

Sportslogo-Forum-Signature-2.png

2 hours ago, trelemar said:

Is there a requests topic somewhere?

I think it takes a certain number of posts to get access to it (I see you haven't posted that many times) but within the 'Sports Logos' section of this Forum there is a Requests board for making requests.

3 hours ago, Wildcomet said:

I think it takes a certain number of posts to get access to it (I see you haven't posted that many times) but within the 'Sports Logos' section of this Forum there is a Requests board for making requests.

Yeah I found the FAQ. 100 posts. That's a lot especially considering I'm coming here looking to commission someone. Thank you!

Speaking of “What if…/Into the -verse” ideas.

It’d be cool to see someone tackle the NFL a la @MJD7 style

GMN_Z8aW8AAdk1k?format=jpg&name=small

• What if… Seattle got the Kings?

• What if… St Louis & Memphis got teams instead of Charlotte & Jacksonville?

• What if… the Colts stayed in Baltimore (and got Ravens-esque uniforms in the 90s)?

• What if the Washington Football franchise stayed in Boston?

• Like 3

On 5/1/2024 at 3:48 PM, trelemar said:

Yeah I found the FAQ. 100 posts. That's a lot especially considering I'm coming here looking to commission someone. Thank you!

No hard feelings if you decide not to, but if you want you can PM me about that. I might be interested.

13 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Speaking of “What if…/Into the -verse” ideas.

It’d be cool to see someone tackle the NFL a la @MJD7 style

GMN_Z8aW8AAdk1k?format=jpg&name=small

• What if… Seattle got the Kings?

• What if… St Louis & Memphis got teams instead of Charlotte & Jacksonville?

• What if… the Colts stayed in Baltimore (and got Ravens-esque uniforms in the 90s)?

• What if the Washington Football franchise stayed in Boston?

That would be cool to see, too!

On 4/29/2024 at 11:27 AM, Wildcomet said:

I'm considering jumping into the "Into the ___-Verse" waters with a Milwaukee themed series. I did something similar several years ago, but was on a much smaller scale ("What if the Bucks expanded their brand to other leagues?" basically) but it was only logos for about 5-6 concepts. This one would remove the Bucks branding constraint (not completely though) and I want to try to go beyond the logos and add uniforms, helmets, etc. I'll need to find some uniform templates for this so it won't be something I do quickly but I am also trying to think of some scenarios. I do want them to have some level of plausibility (so no moving the Yankees to Milwaukee, lol) but am willing to suspend disbelief to some degree.

Here's what I got so far, does anyone have any ideas I may not have thought of?

You could possibly look into what would've happened if either the Bucks or Brewers moved. Based off limited knowledge, the Bucks were in danger of moving had Herb Kohl not purchased the team in the mid-80s, and the Brewers were at risk of leaving had the WI senate not passed the stadium/tax vote in the mid-90s.

From there I think you could look at making a G-League team for Milwaukee, with a brand independent from the long-gone "Bucks" moniker (unless you think Milwaukee could bring back the NBA at some point). It'd also be interesting to see you look at what it would look like if Milwaukee had a minor league team to replace the Brewers since minor league design trends are very distinct from those of the majors.

Tweak these as much as you like obviously. Can't wait to see what you come up with though since I loved your earlier Milwaukee concepts.

• Like 1