Concept Thread Think Tank

raysox

As you know, I do A LOT of series around here. But I have a lot of ideas on threads, that honestly, I don't think I'll ever get to. I normally tweet out ideas, but I feel like this can just be a good start for people who are fresh off projects, or people stuck on them. More than one person can do these series, I just don't think I'll ever get to them.

I love Africa so much, but don't want to do another soccer series for a while. So I think it'd be cool to do a national team jersey for all 54 countries. Here's the thing, that sport would be hockey. Lots of unique striping and new logos would be really neat.

I also love the Scotish soccer system. I have a football manager save and the league's have 12 teams and it feels really tight knit. I'd love someone to do that with Canada. Just a complete system, from the top with Toronto all the way down to cities like Missasuga and Moncton.

Or how about making 11 soccer teams in New York City to match the 11 in London. A mix of neighborhoods and Burroughs would be neat.

Just some ideas, feel free to claim or add to the list. This could be a great research if people go through and finish them. I also would love some competition pitches which could be done through the competition council.

• Like 4

Glad I'm not the only one who thought about hockey in Africa. I tried it once a few years ago but quickly died out as I wasn't experienced in designing logos at the time.

I'd also like to see a proper Canadian Soccer league that follows the traditional promotions. I always feel that Canada gets left out, it's either 5 teams in a big American series or none.

I'd also like to see someone tackle the Canadian Basketball league properly. Like actually doing a 25 team league and treat it like its on the same level as the D league or the basketball equivalent of the CHL had Canada been great at producing basketball talent.

Great ideas.

• Like 1

As you know, I do A LOT of series around here. But I have a lot of ideas on threads, that honestly, I don't think I'll ever get to. I normally tweet out ideas, but I feel like this can just be a good start for people who are fresh off projects, or people stuck on them. More than one person can do these series, I just don't think I'll ever get to them.

I love Africa so much, but don't want to do another soccer series for a while. So I think it'd be cool to do a national team jersey for all 54 countries. Here's the thing, that sport would be hockey. Lots of unique striping and new logos would be really neat.

I also love the Scotish soccer system. I have a football manager save and the league's have 12 teams and it feels really tight knit. I'd love someone to do that with Canada. Just a complete system, from the top with Toronto all the way down to cities like Missasuga and Moncton.

Or how about making 11 soccer teams in New York City to match the 11 in London. A mix of neighborhoods and Burroughs would be neat.

Just some ideas, feel free to claim or add to the list. This could be a great research if people go through and finish them. I also would love some competition pitches which could be done through the competition council.

I am now working on an 8 team soccer league in NYC

• Like 1

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

My friend pitched a series to me and I thought I'd pass it along.

World Cup 2030 will be the 100th anniversary of the tournament. So how about someone make a series with uniforms for it but they're all throwbacks.

I might call dibs on this one. Been interested in tackling a World Cup thread again but couldn't think of anything fresh and unique to set it apart from the others

My favorite sport to do uniforms and logos for is soccer. The crests can be so basic (Napoli) or crazy (liverpool). The uniforms can be pretty much whatever you want (BlackBolt's NBAxSoccer). Also Raysox has that awesome template...

A few months ago, I went to Florida for vacation, and I realized that there could be so many team names and teams there.

MY CONCEPT THREAD: 10 Floridian soccer teams in the FSL (Florida Soccer League), with the 10 most populated cities in Florida.

I am already starting with this, but If I don't finish, y'all can have it!

tinysig.jpg

I've tried to draft out an independent baseball league based in Utah (inspired by Mockba's awesome League du Nord soccer series, the league he made for Minnesota), the issue I'm running into though is that nearly all of the larger populated cities are in the north, but there are two cities worthy of having a team in the south (St. George and Cedar City). So that's left me trying to figure out which small towns I can award a team to in order to balance the league map out. It's proving to be more difficult than I thought.

Another idea I had was kind of an alternate history based off of Welsh/British Baseball, basically what if the rules and style of play of that version were brought to America early on instead of what we know to be baseball today.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I want to try to start making concepts but I don't know where to start.

I want to either do Hockey or Soccer to start. Maybe do an Alternate Universe thing where Hockey is the most popular sport and the World cup of Hockey is more like the soccer world cup.

BOS2.png.28748cfa2d8957954518a9f81f4cd4e8.pngboston_captains_jersey_sig_by_verasthebrujah-dbp5b0z.jpg

I've tried to draft out an independent baseball league based in Utah (inspired by Mockba's awesome League du Nord soccer series, the league he made for Minnesota), the issue I'm running into though is that nearly all of the larger populated cities are in the north, but there are two cities worthy of having a team in the south (St. George and Cedar City). So that's left me trying to figure out which small towns I can award a team to in order to balance the league map out. It's proving to be more difficult than I thought.

Another idea I had was kind of an alternate history based off of Welsh/British Baseball, basically what if the rules and style of play of that version were brought to America early on instead of what we know to be baseball today.

I feel like with the Utah series, the location wouldn't be much of a problem. The Florida State League consists of teams basically from Tampa south. Northern teams like Jacksonville and Pensacola are in the far north, and they're in the Southern League, which makes more sense geographically. If you have teams in, say, the 8 most populous cities, mostly centered around SLC, then it woldn't be a bad thing.

I feel like with the Utah series, the location wouldn't be much of a problem. The Florida State League consists of teams basically from Tampa south. Northern teams like Jacksonville and Pensacola are in the far north, and they're in the Southern League, which makes more sense geographically. If you have teams in, say, the 8 most populous cities, mostly centered around SLC, then it woldn't be a bad thing.

Thanks for the advice man! I think you're right, your Florida examples put it in real good perspective for me. And come to think of it, it would make more sense for teams from Provo all the way to Logan to be in a separate league than Cedar City/St. George (they'd be a much better fit in an Arizona/Nevada-ish league). I appreciate it man!

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I think I'm gonna go ahead and do this later this year