raysox

Concept Thread Think Tank

On 10/18/2019 at 3:18 AM, Niiklaz said:

This sounds like a really cool project. How do you plan on simulating the seasons and keeping track of everything?

It's basically a spreadsheet game - I am not much of a programmer, so I've constructed a rule set with simplified player ability values (alongside a more complex algorithm for development/aging/injury) and then a very simplified season resolution methodology.  I've played Championship Manager of course - it has me do a lot of stuff that I'm not all that interested in.  What I like are the building of leagues and movement of the teams up and down in them, and random player generation, so I have always intended to simulate the seasons pretty quickly.  However, the sheer number of players I need to generate is going to probably prevent me from getting to any actual simming for a long time.  I could do that task more quickly, but I kind of enjoy the process.  Just using Excel and Access for now to keep track of records.

Completing the creation of teams is a more realistic task in the short run, up to 15% done now and about to work on the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex which will have about 43 teams.  The more I keep reading this forum, the more I want to try to post some team designs.  We'll see.

Where do you post for a logo and jersey concept request? Looking to get one done for my company. Thanks!

17 hours ago, Tales said:

Where do you post for a logo and jersey concept request? Looking to get one done for my company. Thanks!

The requests section of the boards becomes available to you when you hit 100 posts. Until that happens (and please don't spam the boards to get to that threshold), take a look around and participate in the various discussions! Welcome!

Just imagine if the NFL didn't monopolize [American/Gridiron] football...

*scratch that*

Just imagine...instead of the NFL...you get not one, but TWO gridiron leagues to fill your pigskin appetite.

Fall League (Working title)

The Fall League (or whatever I end up calling it) caters to old-school fans, mostly an older crowd, that prefer the classic, physical, smashmouth kind of football.

NOTE: The cities listed are not yet finalized.

mO5O3aG.png

Spring/Summer League (Working title)

If you want a more fun, free-wheeling, footloose kind of football, the Spring/Summer League is right for you!

Q1dq51K.png

Has anyone considered doing concept ideas for the following leagues?

WNBA (Women's National Basketball Association)

NWHL (National Women's Hockey League)

MLR (Major League Rugby)

MLL (Major League Lacrosse)

AUDL (American Ultimate Disc League)

On 10/30/2019 at 5:38 AM, neo_prankster said:

Just imagine if the NFL didn't monopolize [American/Gridiron] football...

*scratch that*

Just imagine...instead of the NFL...you get not one, but TWO gridiron leagues to fill your pigskin appetite.

Fall League (Working title)

The Fall League (or whatever I end up calling it) caters to old-school fans, mostly an older crowd, that prefer the classic, physical, smashmouth kind of football.

mO5O3aG.png

Spring/Summer League (Working title)

If you want a more fun, free-wheeling, footloose kind of football, the Spring/Summer League is right for you!

Q1dq51K.png

And I'm looking forward to when that happens.

Current thinktank problem I have right is.... how do you make a NFL concept out of a team that lasted two years (KC Scouts)

I'm thinking of taking on an enormous project, but lack the knowledge to complete it as it deserves. NYC has 5 boroughs with 329 neighborhoods. I'm considering a soccer crest for each neighborhood. If there's a better way to group neighborhoods to cut down on the total number or if you feel like you'd have some valuable input please let me know and I'll add you to a google sheets doc.