NYSL- New York Soccer League (Staten Island) 7/8

jaker52

Sorry, I've been a tad busy lately so work on the next team has dragged along.

Brooklyn Brigade

This club was founded as a NYSFA side in 1973 by the owners of the English club Arsenal. Using loaned players from the Gunners, they were an instant success, winning NYSFA thrice by 1980 with a 1978 national championship. However the Arsenal owners were forced to sell the team in 1983, which led to an instant collapse, and being moved to tier 2 football in 1987 after several last place finishes. In 1996, the club was taken over by English owners who reignited the Arsenal partnership, but without being owned by the Gunners. in 2003, They returned to the NYSFA and were a mid-table finisher ever since.

When the club was founded, the Arsenal owners wanted an identity that resembled Arsenal, but had its own look. The club then adopted Arsenal's away colors (and Brooklyn's city colors) as their primary colors. Since leaving Arsenal ownership though, the look has evolved. The badge takes cues from the coat of arms of the Dutch city of Breukelen, which Brooklyn was named after.

NYSL_BROOKLYN_LOGO.jpg

NYSL_BROOKLYN_KITS.jpg

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks great! I was hoping for a blue and gold version of the current Arsenal jersey when reading the backstory but I see the need for a different look (since they arent affiliated). I don't know how crazy I am for the gradient socks on the clash, besides that, I like it alot!

Guest darkpiranha

Fantastic start. I'm loving the names. Iconic, yet original. Feels like they've existed for decades.

Queens City FC

This club was founded as an NYSFA expansion in 1998 to fill the gap from Buffalo joining The Great lakes Premier League. They have a history as a low key team and are currently in a pile of financial struggles. They have had 11 managers since their founding due to a lack of success. They can't afford a stadium of their own so they play at Citi Field. The owners are rumored to be trying to sell the club and some see the New York Mets as a potential buyer, but sadly for QCFC fans, these are nothing more then rumors

The badge has not changed since their foundation in '98 and was said to be made by the owners themselves.

NYSL_QUEENS_LOGO.jpg

NYSL_QUEENS_KITS.jpg

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

would like some feedback here. also due to other projects, running, and upcoming oral surgery, the last teams may come slow.

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

You've been doing a great job so far, for Queens City the badge needs a little bit of work. I like the idea of the outer Q in the logo, since it stands for Queens you can make the inside circle a C which would stand for City. That would make it a lot more innovative and nice. While the inside seems a bit too plain, maybe add FC, or make the words larger. While I do like the font on the numbers, they don't match the name fonts, I don't know if you used two different fonts, but I recommend keeping the number one since it fits well. Apart from that, these look great. Keep it up.

77QSUj8.pngqCeHhp1.png?1

You've been doing a great job so far, for Queens City the badge needs a little bit of work. I like the idea of the outer Q in the logo, since it stands for Queens you can make the inside circle a C which would stand for City. That would make it a lot more innovative and nice. While the inside seems a bit too plain, maybe add FC, or make the words larger. While I do like the font on the numbers, they don't match the name fonts, I don't know if you used two different fonts, but I recommend keeping the number one since it fits well. Apart from that, these look great. Keep it up.

That was what first came to mind but I realized I wan't gonna be able to execute well. Also, that bothered me too, but it is in fact the same font. (Netherlands World Cup)

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

Bronx FC

This club was founded in 1984 by the city as a tier 2 club but sold to private ownership in '96. They were moderately successful and won back to back titles in 2004 and 2005. In 2013 the NYSL purchased the side to join them in their inaugural season and managed them until late 2014 when they were sold to an ownership group made up of the Yankees and a rich Arab family. They have overhauled their squad completely signing older stars from Europe including Petr Cech, Phillip Lahm, and Miroslav Klose. They appear to be one big experiment heading into the new season.

The identity uses their traditional red and white plus gold to symbolize a new beginning for the club. It also features a couple Yankee pinstripes.

NYSL_BRONX_LOGO.jpg

NYSL_BRONX_KITS.jpg

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

I like the Bronx, my only thing is that I would like to see the gold stripes in the white stripes so that it looks like the logo, but all of this has been pretty solid work. Maybe try to push the design envelope a little more

Yeah I agreed it will look alot better that way with gold stripes

Alamo%2BBowl_sig.png

Liberty Bowl_sig.png

FEAR THE FROG! LET'S GO TCU!!

I have one more team left now!

Staten Island FC

This team had success early on and a traditional rivalry with River Hudson but has not been the same since the 70's. They have been tier 2 since 1985 and have not won a trophy since 1993. Their move to NYSL is seen as a chance to return to glory but they have made only 1 signing to help make the jump. They spent 11 million on 17 year old Patrick Roberts from Fulham.

NYSL_STATENISLAND_LOGO.jpg

NYSL_STATENISLAND_KITS.jpg

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

Staten Island is really mediocre. We know you can do good work but this looks like you took a few minutes out of your day. Smooth out the S in the "IS" and make them a little bolder. I'd also change the font around the "IS", it just seems a little thin and doesnt enhance the "IS"

The kits are sort of the same thing... lack of effort. Your other kits have been really good though!

Staten Island is really mediocre. We know you can do good work but this looks like you took a few minutes out of your day. Smooth out the S in the "IS" and make them a little bolder. I'd also change the font around the "IS", it just seems a little thin and doesnt enhance the "IS"

The kits are sort of the same thing... lack of effort. Your other kits have been really good though!

I was focused on simplicity here for a more traditional look. My last team is an expansion so that will be a little more modern

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

I agree with McCrae, Staten Island just seems rushed. The typeface(s) used in the crest make the logo feel weak. I'd go with a more bold looking typeface, along with jerseys with a bit more of a design.

spacer.png

I don't really have a problem with more traditional looking kits for Staten Island. I think you've shown that you can produce clean, simple kits. Overall, I like what you've done with the NYSL but I feel like you could incorporate more of New York's rich history. Right now, Staten Island, the Bronx and Queens City feel detached from each borough's distinctive history. I would advise you to do some more research and rework a couple of these concepts.

Archived