Argyle Wallpapers - Suitable for anything

EJ_Barlik

I have 3 suggestions. The Winnipeg Jets, Toronto Blue Jays and Winnipeg Blue Bombers. But if you only want to or have time to do one, I would like to see the Winnipeg Jets the most. Maybe even a new and retro one even. You're doing a phenomenal job on these by the way.

Another classic color combo - the navy-ish blue and gold of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. Another one I wish I already had color optimized sets for. But, thanks to CCSL, I could at least pull approximations. Last I remember (I have not watched too much of the CFL lately), the blue color was primary for the WBB, I also am not a fan of their new "White W" logo as I thought the gold with it looked better. I also thought the "lightning ball W" was the best logo. So I went ahead and made those up. Def one of the best CFL logos, I think....

Argyle%20Pattern%201%20Winnepeg%20Blue%2Argyle%20Pattern%201%20Winnepeg%20Blue%2Argyle%20Pattern%201%20Winnepeg%20Blue%2Argyle%20Pattern%201%20Winnepeg%20Blue%2Argyle%20Pattern%201%20Winnepeg%20Blue%2

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Team Canada world juniors!

The red should be the same as the Calgary Flames and the black is well...black.

For the logo, I want the old style leaf they used at the juniors in 1996 (?) but that's probably wrong. It looks like the Leafs old alternate but it's team canada. Thanks!

Hmmmm. No reference point. Hmmmmm. Very tricky. Lots of 1996 logos have already been replaced on the net. Hmmmmmm. Not at all sure I got this one right, but I took my best shot. Memory from the recent olympics is that the colors for Team Canada are red, white, and black. I found a few logos on the net under "team canada", and pretty sure they are not all what you wanted. But I figured...post em all. One of them is bound to be something somebody will want. So here I go....best guess on the red based on a logo I saw on the net. Let me know if it's not what you were looking for.

Argyle%20Pattern%201%20Team%20Canada%20HArgyle%20Pattern%201%20Team%20Canada%20HArgyle%20Pattern%201%20Team%20Canada%20HArgyle%20Pattern%201%20Team%20Canada%20HArgyle%20Pattern%201%20Team%20Canada%20HArgyle%20Pattern%201%20Team%20Canada%20H

How about the New York Red Bulls?

Someone will need to point me to some color guides and specs on this one. I'm not a big soccer guy, so I am not familiar with the primary/secondary colors of the Red Bulls. Thanks!

Here is a site that has the hex colors for MLS, the big American sports, and the EPL. Hopefully this can help.

I was also wonderng if I could get the Knicks, Rangers, Yankees, & US Soccer. I know it's a lot of requests so you can take your time.

What site? where is the link???

Sorry about that. I didn't realize I forgot to put the link in.

http://teamcolors.arc90.com/

Thanks for putting in the hard work on my request.

Honestly, I've got no confidence that the teamcolors.arc90.com site is anywhere even close to accurate as I don't have a media guide or other official reference point. But, for the sake of moving on, I did use it to create the below NY Red Bulls walls:

Argyle%20Pattern%201%20New%20York%20Red%Argyle%20Pattern%201%20New%20York%20Red%Argyle%20Pattern%201%20New%20York%20Red%

How about one for the Kansas Jayhawks? Thanks.

According to http://identity.ku.edu/colors/, the school colors are the blue, white, and grey, and also then red and yellow. So I took the colors and re-colored the logo from CCSL. It's not color-optimized, but at least it matches their identity website. Roc choc Jayhawk.......

Argyle%20Pattern%201%20Kansas%20JayhawksArgyle%20Pattern%201%20Kansas%20JayhawksArgyle%20Pattern%201%20Kansas%20Jayhawks

Color-optimized Seattle Seahawks for 2012+, and for 2002-2011:

Argyle%20Pattern%201%20Seattle%20SeahawkArgyle%20Pattern%201%20Seattle%20SeahawkArgyle%20Pattern%201%20Seattle%20SeahawkArgyle%20Pattern%201%20Seattle%20SeahawkArgyle%20Pattern%201%20Seattle%20SeahawkArgyle%20Pattern%201%20Seattle%20Seahawk

Personally, I like the 2002-2011 edition of the Seahawks colors better. And by coincidence, I also think they look better on a wallpaper.

How about one for the Kansas Jayhawks? Thanks.

According to http://identity.ku.edu/colors/, the school colors are the blue, white, and grey, and also then red and yellow. So I took the colors and re-colored the logo from CCSL. It's not color-optimized, but at least it matches their identity website. Roc choc Jayhawk.......

Argyle%20Pattern%201%20Kansas%20JayhawksArgyle%20Pattern%201%20Kansas%20JayhawksArgyle%20Pattern%201%20Kansas%20Jayhawks

Thanks

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

how about a gators alt f logo

Sorry about the delay....took me a little time to get back to this. One of my 2 dogs just had leg surgery yesterday, so got to stay on the priorities. Hopefully will have some downtime while she rests each day and I can catch up....

Argyle%20Pattern%201%20Florida%20Gators%

Well, if I married a Carolina girl, I better do up a South Cackalacy set, so here we go:

Argyle%20Pattern%201%20South%20Carolina%Argyle%20Pattern%201%20South%20Carolina%Argyle%20Pattern%201%20South%20Carolina%Argyle%20Pattern%201%20South%20Carolina%Argyle%20Pattern%201%20South%20Carolina%

I know I'm gonna catch hell from those crazy chickens fans, but I really think USC needs to update their logo. I mean, I get the gamecock motif and the colors...that's fine. But that "Block C" logo is just not real conducive to the modern times. It's got far too much detail. It needs to be simplified, perhaps in a way that uses the head with a fierce stare as the primary and still go with the claw logo as a secondary. If "USC" is always gonna mean Southern California now, then you need a logo that can be recognized in 1 second or less. And Carolina's is really only that way for the SEC and within the southeast USofA. It's not like Boise State where you know there is no other logo for that team. It says Boise State just that fast. And the Texas Longhorns are another one....no one gets that logo confused with anything, But South Carolina's is like "what's that supposed to be again?" if you have just now seen it.

Green Bay of the south? I think Uga would dispute that. I had the color-corrected values for UGA, so I went ahead and made these up for a buddy of mine who lives in the local area but is moving away to Seattle. His son has a rather nasty form of muscular dystrophy and there is a Seattle hospital that has excellent resources.

Argyle%20Pattern%201%20Georgia%20BulldogArgyle%20Pattern%201%20Georgia%20BulldogArgyle%20Pattern%201%20Georgia%20BulldogArgyle%20Pattern%201%20Georgia%20BulldogArgyle%20Pattern%201%20Georgia%20Bulldog

Well, gots ta support my homies on the diamond....the Atlanta Bravos, color-optimized, of course! But sometimes I really HATE what baseball has done with all of their alternate logos and patches on sleeves, and the like. I ended up with 9 different wallpapers for the Braves....and that's just in the standard colors (ignoring the grey). MLB really needs to standardize their uniforms. The same primary logo needs to ALWAYS go on the front of the uniforms with NO numbers. Then, it won't matter what uniform you wear (white, grey, color, camo, Star Wars, turn back the clock, etc.) - the primary logo is ALWAYS there. And then on the uniform back - number and name, yes BOTH. And then the same logo on every cap - this can be either the primary logo or a secondary/cap logo, regardless of the color of the cap. No sleeve logos. And if you are going to honor a team hero, then stick that patch on the shirt front also.

Argyle%20Pattern%201%20Atlanta%20Braves%Argyle%20Pattern%201%20Atlanta%20Braves%Argyle%20Pattern%201%20Atlanta%20Braves%Argyle%20Pattern%201%20Atlanta%20Braves%Argyle%20Pattern%201%20Atlanta%20Braves%Argyle%20Pattern%201%20Atlanta%20Braves%Argyle%20Pattern%201%20Atlanta%20Braves%Argyle%20Pattern%201%20Atlanta%20Braves%Argyle%20Pattern%201%20Atlanta%20Braves%

For those who were wondering....my dog came through the surgery just fine. Perhaps a tidbit low on energy, but certainly not down on life. She's a trooper. Always will be. For privacy reasons, I'll not post any dog pics on the boards here.

Secondly, yes, I am originally from the great state of sunny south Florida. Born in Tampa, raised mostly in Port Charlotte. I now live in .....no wait...got to be weary of the internet trolls (ha ha). Let's just say I still live somewhere in the United States. Trying to bring my love of the Florida teams (Gators, Bucs, Jaguars, RIP Orlando Thunder, RIP Tampa Bay Bandits, Tampa Bay Storm) with me to combat these "enemy" fans, LOL. Will be a Steve Spurrier fan for life, though.

I'm still taking requests on this thread, but I think it's time for me to start designing series II.....

Archived