W H A Draft is underway...

Brian in Boston

The new WHA's inaugural Fantasy Draft ... uh, I mean Professional Draft... is underway. Results can be found at:

http://www.worldhockeyassociation.net/

Hmmm... I wonder where the "Founders' franchise" is planning to set-up shop? Could this be the team that has supposedly engaged in on-again/off-again negotiations with arena management in Cincinnati? And given that the WHA reportedly broke off negotiations towrads the purchase of the Orlando Seals yet again, where is the Florida franchise going to be based? Is this the Miami-based team that had originally been announced?

Talk about high-stakes fantasy sports.

Brian in Boston

10. Dallas Scott Gomez C New Jersey (NHL)

Great pick-up there. Scott Gomez filed for Salary Arbitration, meaning he will have a contract with the Devils next year and will probably sign a long term contract with them before the hearing. I'm sure these other idiot teams drafted other players who did it instead of players they may actually get sign.

Questionable? Here's the 'Founder's Franchise' picks after day-1...

6. Todd Bertuzzi

11. Corey Schwab

22. Lyle Odelein

27. Tommy Albelin

38. Shaun Van Allen

43. Jiri Slegr

54. Jarrod Skalde

59. Doug Gilmour

70. Dave Morissette

75. Chris Therien

86. Jim Vandermeer

91. Jamie Pushor

102. Fred Brathwaite

107. Kirk Muller

Is this supposed to be a joke?

Here's another dumb pick by the founders franchise....

123. Founders' franchise Zach Parisé C North Dakota (NCAA)

He signed with the Devils last year before the playoffs. I belive he signed a 3 year deal. At least the others were going to be free agents. This guy isn't even a free agent, he's under contract.

The is a joke :rolleyes:

Halifax took Travis Green 2nd overall? What this a randomized draft? Why would you do that when talent like Heatley, Thornton, and Kovalchuk is swarming around?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Noone went for Crosby. If they drafted players under contract, why wouldnt they draft somone who wasnt really interested in the league? :blink:

The Entry Draft is tommorrow....I think....

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I think it would have been to see a team draft Mario Lemieux. Then he could own a team, be a striking player, and lead another team in scoring in a rival league all at the same time. While he's at it, perhaps he could even buy a WHA team and do everythng.

I think it would have been to see a team draft Mario Lemieux. Then he could own a team, be a striking player, and lead another team in scoring in a rival league all at the same time. While he's at it, perhaps he could even buy a WHA team and do everythng.

Well, he wouldn't be a striking player since the players aren't going on strike, they are happy with the way things are now. It would be the owners locking the players out. It's still funny because Lemieux would be locking himself out.

Just for kicks, I'll be listing the complete FA roster for each team, with rankings according to NHL 2004 or EHM.

To see who was the best at the draft table.

And five will get you ten that Quebec's almost-all-French-Canadian roster ranks near the bottom.

Super Wario Comix!

Iron Crossover IX Contender (Tied for 6th)

Iron Crossover Halloween Contender (Tied for Bronze)

vanhalengo.png

Archived