College Football Project

theflakeband

I don't do a lot of college football stuff, but after watching a couple of games this season and looking at the confusing conference alignment and possible even further realignment, I thought I'd take a crack at it. The best way that I could think of, of showing my realignment was to make helmets of the new conference make up.

Up first is the MAC. I've added Western Illinois, Illinois St., Youngstown St. and Northern Iowa., to make a 16 team conference.

East: Miami(OH), Bowling Green, Youngstown St, Buffalo, Toledo, Ohio, Kent St., Akron

West: Illinois St., Northern Iowa, Eastern Michigan, Ball St., Western Michigan, Northern Illinois, Western Illinois, Central Michigan

Mac%20Helmets_zpsvhqhgf2u.png

Steven_Gerrard_sig_by_Gerrardinho.pnglucassig-1.pngAgger.jpg21l0u9i-1.png

I actually really like the bull horn on Buffalo. At first I thought you were using the actual helmets and I thought it was an FCS (whoops, division 1-AA) helmet. Really like the new swooping eagle for EMU. The only problem is the gradient-thingy inside Illinois State's bird.

Feel free to say no spoilers allowed or something like that but I'm curious. In the case of the mountain West and the WAC. Does the WAC return to Division 1 who moves to what from those two does the battle for Nevada become an non conference game, which conference is auto-bowl eligible.

Now that being said those are really solid concepts my fave has to be Buffalo.

I agree with what others have said about the Buffalo helmet. The "UB" logo would look nice. Will you be making alternate helmets, as well?

And Ball State has updated their logo to get rid of the motion lines on the upper left of the cardinal.

This is great. I have no complaints as I like every helmet in this set. Great work.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Feel free to say no spoilers allowed or something like that but I'm curious. In the case of the mountain West and the WAC. Does the WAC return to Division 1 who moves to what from those two does the battle for Nevada become an non conference game, which conference is auto-bowl eligible.

Now that being said those are really solid concepts my fave has to be Buffalo.

I'm not going to give away any spoilers, but what I'll tell you is that there are 11 conferences, the power 5 still are the only ones that are auto BCS. As for the Mountain West, it is up next.

I agree with what others have said about the Buffalo helmet. The "UB" logo would look nice. Will you be making alternate helmets, as well?

And Ball State has updated their logo to get rid of the motion lines on the upper left of the cardinal.

Thanks for update on Ball St. As for alternate helmets, my plan is to develop full concepts for each of these teams, with multiple helmets and uniforms. I see this as a long term project....

The New Mountain West, I took away Boise St., and added UTEP & Texas St, because they are both big universities here in Texas, especially Texas St is way to big for the Sun Belt. I also added Tulsa and New Mexico St. because really the don't fit anywhere else and both programs need a boost. I also added North Dakota St. to come up from FCS. As you'll see later, I was looking to move up Big Sky teams, and one would have to go to the Mt. West and NDSU is miles above everybody in FCS.

Mountain Division: Texas St., UTEP, New Mexico St, New Mexico, Air Force, Tulsa, North Dakota St, Colorado St.

West Division: Wyoming, Fresno St., UNLV, Nevada,San Jose St, Utah St, San Diego St, Hawai'i

Mountain%20West_zpsogv9nnnn.png

The one knock I have on this is the view of the helmets. I don't know if you have stripes on any, I can kind of see one on the OHIO helmet, but if there are stripes we can't get a very good view, and the striping is a very important part of the design aspect. Just wondering if there could be also a different view so we can see that.

The one knock I have on this is the view of the helmets. I don't know if you have stripes on any, I can kind of see one on the OHIO helmet, but if there are stripes we can't get a very good view, and the striping is a very important part of the design aspect. Just wondering if there could be also a different view so we can see that.

Eventually there will be, I want to get a sense of the conference realignment before I start making full concepts for each team.

Archived