Nhl 2003/04 jerseys

Sharky99MB

The NHL, as ya would have know by now, will have the jerseys of all NHL teams to be switched for the 2003/04 season...the white jerseys will be the road jerseys, and the dark jerseys will be the home jerseys....so I was wondering which NHL team will have new jerseys out for next season.. I do know that the Phoenix Coyotes will have brand-new jerseys and will have the monikier changed to Arizona Coyotes...any other teams with new 3rd jerseys, etc?? Do let me know and I would appericate it very much eh? Should be interested in see what is going on!!!

OH, love the templates the guys in here been creating..how can I do something like that?? I would love to get creative, etc..let me know, either in here or via email eh!!

Welcome aboard!

Yeah, it's a topic we ponder quite a while here.  But here's the scoop.

- Yes Phoenix is getting an overhaul.  We can't confirm if they are changing their name to the ARIZONA Coyotes or not.

- There is something about the Calgary Flames that still seems murky, but they'll be getting a red jersey at least.  They may be switching the logos on the sweaters.

- There is widespread speculation about the Buffalo Sabres bringing back the old blue and gold uniforms.  Nothing is known yet.

- Vancouver is dropping their gradient third jerseys.  There are no other plans for another for now.

- The Maple Leafs are dropping their white vintage alternate for a blue vintage alternate.

- The Canadiens, believe it or not, are supposed to be getting a vintage style alternate jersey as well.  (I doubt they'd allow any other kind)

- Columbus and Minnesota are definately getting third jerseys.

- Ottawa and Florida are supposed to be making their third jerseys their home jerseys and their road jerseys their third jerseys.  It doesn't seem to be that big of a switch.

- This is pure speculation.  A few months ago someone scanned in a page from the new Athletic Knit-type catologue with all the blank hockey jerseys.  Amongst the new jerseys seen were a white version of the Senators swoosh jersey and the blue version of the Capitals black jersey.  It isn't known if this means these teams are getting new thirds or anything.

This is all we know now.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

These are known for sure:

Phoenix will change to the Arizona Coyotes and have a new logo and new uniforms.  They will move to Glendale in December.  

Calgary will have a third jersey and it will be primarily red.  It is rumored that the C will be in black.

Florida will make the navy jersey as the home jersey and the red as the alternate.  This means the stick in the Panther's claw will be on the red and not on the blue.  

These are rumored or unconfirmed:

Anaheim may change the curved triangle to Jade on the plum jerseys.

San Jose may nix their "bad luck" black thirds.

Vancouver will either faze out their 3rds or faze out the gradient in the thirds and may use them as a home jersey.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Vancouver will not be phasing out their 3rds.  They're dropping them completely.  They will be sold as a

"fan jersey".  

The Canadiens are for certain getting vintage thirds, along with Toronto.

I also heard the Rangers may bring back the white liberty jerseys, though it is from a pretty sketchy source.  Don't quote me on it.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

I've never heard anything about Toronto dropping their current thirds, but it was assumed.  Also I haven't heard anything about Vancouver dropping their 3rds, and Montreal adopting a third.

Does anyone have a source for this?

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Chris really beat me to the punch on that one.  Why would Toronto be wearing their thirds in the playoffs if they were going to drop them?  Usually don't you drop something that you don't like?  Usually don't you wear something you like?  Add on that the team seems to consider them "lucky" (as quoted in Newsday and the Toronto Sun during last year's playoffs)?  Who gets rid of a lucky jersey?

Also, I was recently reading an article that stated Vancouver's 3rd's to be the third best selling jersey (behind The Oiler's 3rd's and the Redwings).  Again, it'd make no marketing sence to get rid of a cash cow.

On a third note, the guys at Cosby's in MSG told me Glen Sather would be getting rid of the Liberty jerseys all together.  That was when the guy first took over the reins, and thus far I've only seen him ditch the white ones.  If he dislike's the 3rd/4th's so much, why would he allow the team to bring them back?  For goodness sakes!  There is a WOMAN on the jersey!@!@!#$  It's a men's pro team with a woman on it!!!   :angry:

Rob :angry:

These are known for sure:

Calgary will have a third jersey and it will be primarily red.  It is rumored that the C will be in black.

Calgary will NOT have an alternate jersey next season.  The current black away jersey is being dropped in favour of a red jersey in the same pattern that will be used at home next year.  The jersey will have the Flaming C as its primary crest.  Final crest colouring is yet to be released.

A couple comments here, but first, greetings to Sharky99MB!  Hope you have fun here!

Rgarding the jerseys next year...

Buffalo will not drop their current style and permanently bring back the old blue and yellow style.  According to my "source," the Sabres did not contact the NHL about a full-time switch before the league deadline for logo and jersey changes for next season.  They could do it for 2004/05 if they wanted, though.

As for Toronto, they're the only team whose alt jersey is white, which allows the visiting team to wear their dark road jersey.  So since the NHL is switching to dark home jerseys, I would think the Leafs want to wear a dark alt jersey so the visiting team can wear their white road jersey.  I highly doubt it's an issue of "our third is so popular, we better discontinue it."  I can see the issue about the Leafs alts being "lucky," but I just think the Leafs are adusting to the new policy on H/R jerseys...

Just my two cents...  :)

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

I do have a source for Vancouver, Toronto, and Montreal.

They are from April 3rd Canadian Press.  I spotted it in the Leader-Post.

It confirms the Canucks dropping their 3rds, Montreal releasing a "vintage 3rd" and Toronto updating to a dark "vintage 3rd."

The Canucks will continue to sell their 3rd jersey as a "fan jersey."

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

When the story about the NHL flipping home/away jerseys was printed in the AJC, it mentioned something about the Atlanta Thrashers looking into a 3rd jersey for the upcoming season. That was sometime in December I believe, so I'm keeping my eyes open and will keep you updated.

Opinions...

Toronto should keep the White vintage, along with the new Blue vintage, and dump their current jerseys in favor of them. Toronto's uniforms were so good until the "TML and silver" incarnation of the jersey. It looks so awful now... (shows you what a little change can do...)

Montreal already has a vintage jersey... they wear it... :)

As much as i hated him in the begining, Navajo Coyote guy grew on me... it'll be sad to see him go.

The Sabres had better be going back to the blue and gold's, for the love of God GO BACK TO THE BLUE AND GOLD'S!!!!

all the other crap i don't care about

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Ahhh...thanks Frylord.....no problem, man.....the templates ya been creating to showcase the NHL teams in oter jerseys that the NHL would have never thought to create, etc..can ya tell me where to go to see what a template is, etc....and how to create one, etc.....appericate it very much!!

I did email a gentleman who is a writer in a local newspaper I read and I asked him if the Coyotes name change is true, etc..he say possible..Arizona Coyotes for next season, maybe..but what jersey change, etc..gonna wait to see..should be interesting to see what kind of jersey the Coyotes would bring out as well....ooo...plus the new arena... that might help the coyotes a bit in revenue...if only we had got an new arena built here in Winnipeg for the Jets we would still be watching the Jets play as well...but there a new arena scheduled to open in the fall of 2004 for the AHL Moose...

...if only we had got an new arena built here in Winnipeg for the Jets we would still be watching the Jets play as well...but there a new arena scheduled to open in the fall of 2004 for the AHL Moose...

Yee-haw, another Winnipegger!

One day, we will take over the world.

...or at the very least bring the Jets back.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Archived