NCAA Football Concepts - Michigan State added 10/26/15

martymcfry

Hey guys! I've taken a long break from making concepts, but I'm back! I've got three concepts made: Colorado, Washington, and Arizona.
948h4wo.png
Starting with Arizona. The Wildcats are pretty much ruined by Nike. They had a nice, double stripe look going when Nike invaded. My main goal was to return it. I applied it to the helmet, shoulders, and pants, and also restored the Tuscon Bold font (courtesy of Conrad). It was pretty simple overall here.
6Z7v82Q.png
Nike did okay with Colorado, but I still love the Northwestern-style striping they used. Combining the two sets was my main goal here.
omkUrVq.png
Simple, classic look for the Huskies. Just the way it should be (good riddance, Nike).

I may do more concepts, but I just started with this. Hit me up!

Table of Contents
Arizona
Colorado, Update
Washington, V1.2
Ohio State, Update
TCU, Update

ARIZONA - By far my favorite, one minor tweek is needed IMO, change the numbers from red to white on the Home uniform.

COLORADO - I like the overall design, but I would swap out the silver on the home uniform for Gold and use the black helmet for the away.

WASHINGTON - It's a good start, but it just feels pretty bland in my opinion. I think using a modern rounded font and not adding on might be an issue. even adding a small stripe on the shoulders orsome form of piping could liven it up a bit

I do overall like this set though! If I had to rate it, i'd give it a 7.5/10

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

player_was___taylor_by_verasthebrujah-d9

Arizona: This is way too generic . It almost reminds me of Ole Miss, and I feel that Arizona needs something bold to stand out.

Colorado: I love this, but I don't like the silver helmets and pants. I fell that it doesn't tie in with the set. Use a black or gold helmet and pant combo to make this complete.

Washington: This is the best out of your concepts. Good work on this one, and overall, decent job.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

ARIZONA - By far my favorite, one minor tweek is needed IMO, change the numbers from red to white on the Home uniform.

COLORADO - I like the overall design, but I would swap out the silver on the home uniform for Gold and use the black helmet for the away.

WASHINGTON - It's a good start, but it just feels pretty bland in my opinion. I think using a modern rounded font and not adding on might be an issue. even adding a small stripe on the shoulders orsome form of piping could liven it up a bit

I do overall like this set though! If I had to rate it, i'd give it a 7.5/10

I considered making the numbers on Arizona white, but red gives it more color and flavor. I originally had it at white, but changed it to red.

I made the helmet and pants silver for the sake of creativity. I could probably change that.

I wanted Washington to be simple. They are really, really messed up right now and that needed to change.The font is actually their own custom version. Really, I basically just wanted to tweak this.

Arizona: This is way too generic . It almost reminds me of Ole Miss, and I feel that Arizona needs something bold to stand out.

Colorado: I love this, but I don't like the silver helmets and pants. I fell that it doesn't tie in with the set. Use a black or gold helmet and pant combo to make this complete.

Washington: This is the best out of your concepts. Good work on this one, and overall, decent job.

I can see what you're saying about 'Zona. I really don't know how to make it more unique...maybe I should put the logo in somewhere among the striping?

Just like I said above, I will change that.

Thanks on Washington!

I'm liking these! I like what you did with the Huskies. Its simple and clean.

Thanks! That's exactly what I was aiming for with the Dawgs.

The thing with Arizona, is that we really don't care about flashy or modern, so I think any uniform change that goes back to the Bruschi era, or even the Foles/Scott era would be satisfying. Something along the lines of my latest uniform update works nice I think.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/105294-arizona-football-concept-awayalternate-added/#entry2508819

a2BRS8U.png

The thing with Arizona, is that we really don't care about flashy or modern, so I think any uniform change that goes back to the Bruschi era, or even the Foles/Scott era would be satisfying. Something along the lines of my latest uniform update works nice I think.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/105294-arizona-football-concept-awayalternate-added/#entry2508819

I see what you're saying, but that is way more generic than even what I have. The bi-colored double stripe is a lot more unique and I think it should be emphasized.

I see what you're saying, but that is way more generic than even what I have. The bi-colored double stripe is a lot more unique and I think it should be emphasized.

That may be true, but id take tradition of modern anyway. I never said mine was complex just said it was a nice twist on the traditional uni.

a2BRS8U.png

On to the Buckeyes...

aonWhhS.png

I wanted to keep tradition, but I really love the Pro Combat look. I tried to combine the two while keeping the Pro Combats more dominant. The helmets and pants stay the same, but the jersey is mostly the other way. The only element from the regular jerseys that I kept is the single-colored numbers, no outlines. Overall, I wanted to put a modern twist on tradition.

P.S. Black jersey kept, but black helmet and pants are thrown out.

P.P.S. Sorry about the Buckeye stickers, please don't concern yourselves with that.

On to the Buckeyes...

aonWhhS.png

I wanted to keep tradition, but I really love the Pro Combat look. I tried to combine the two while keeping the Pro Combats more dominant. The helmets and pants stay the same, but the jersey is mostly the other way. The only element from the regular jerseys that I kept is the single-colored numbers, no outlines. Overall, I wanted to put a modern twist on tradition.

P.P.S. Sorry about the Buckeye stickers, please don't concern yourselves with that.

The biggest gripe people would have with this set is the same problem they have with the team's current jerseys: the lack of gray on the sleeves. As much as I like the regular set having single-colored numbers, I think the modern take needs to have the outlines (especially because of the lack of gray on the jersey and on the black set; wouldn't be enough contrast). The helmet and pant stripes look better here than they would if you used the current helmet and pants stripes, too, because the black stripe is thicker in your concept. It ties in with the jersey in a way that I don't think the current helmet and pants would, if that makes sense.

Also, I assume the comment about the helmet stickers is because they're on the wrong side? hah

On to the Buckeyes...

aonWhhS.png

The biggest gripe people would have with this set is the same problem they have with the team's current jerseys: the lack of gray on the sleeves. As much as I like the regular set having single-colored numbers, I think the modern take needs to have the outlines (especially because of the lack of gray on the jersey and on the black set; wouldn't be enough contrast). The helmet and pant stripes look better here than they would if you used the current helmet and pants stripes, too, because the black stripe is thicker in your concept. It ties in with the jersey in a way that I don't think the current helmet and pants would, if that makes sense.

Also, I assume the comment about the helmet stickers is because they're on the wrong side? hah

Yeah I agree, but I didn't want to change because, like I said, I wanted to keep tradition. I will add a grey outline though. And yes, the helmet stickers are on the wrong side.

If you take request, would you be willing to take a shot at the Texas Longhorns??

Sorry, not taking requests. I have been considering doing Texas though.

By the way, what template is this you're using? I'd love to get my hands on it.

__taylorc made it and allowed me to use it, you'll have to ask him.

I went back on my idea for a modernized Ohio State.

ML1hzyW.png

Okay, so you gotta be wondering why. I went looking for some inspiration for things to incorporate into the update when I decided Ohio State is simply not a team to be messed with. All the great teams from the 60s, 70s, and 80s used similar designs, and I decided tradition was the way to go with the Buckeyes. I kept the Pro Combat, though, because I still like it.

Archived