(11/13) Northern Ireland Kit Concept (Prev. Fleetwood Town)(Moom Designs' Thread!)

Moom

thhIUgi.png

Hey guys! Haven't posted here in a while but I just started getting into crest designs rather than uniform concepts, and I thought about sharing this.

Its a pretty daunting task and I didn't want to change too much, but I wanted to clean up the crest to the point where it had the charm of the historic ones but the modern touch of the current badge.

I'll most likely keep updating this post with other crests and uniform concepts so I dont have to make new threads for each team and all that.

Please let me know what you think! One thing I will concede is that the font is a bit crooked and weird and thats just because I had to do it manually, as I didn't have access to my desktop which has a proper program (AI) for that.

thanks dudes

Other images

Weird Collage:

my7rvjb.jpg

Kit sketch example:

hN7aX24.png

I think I'd like to see the spacing on united a bit wider as it looks a bit off to me personally. Also not too sure if I like the white outline, especially on the soccer balls. Kudos for making the attempt though, this is gonna be a tough sell for most people.

I think I'd like to see the spacing on united a bit wider as it looks a bit off to me personally. Also not too sure if I like the white outline, especially on the soccer balls. Kudos for making the attempt though, this is gonna be a tough sell for most people.

Sounds weird for me to say but I think you're 100% right! Like I said in the OP I had to do the text placement by hand so its not how I'd personally like it but it's close. thanks for the feedback man!

I think the best way to go about this would be to take out the gradients that the current logo has and the just clean up the lines.

Well with all due respect, I appreciate your opinion and wouldn't want to discredit it, but I wouldn't (and I wouldn't want anybody to) waste their time and go about updating the logo like that! (-: To clarify, even though what you say would indeed be the correct and logical / tasteful next step in the evolution of the logo, it just wouldn't be concept worthy if I didn't really change enough to make it an original concept. Hope that comes off how I want it , cheers for the feedback. I appreciate it.

I think the best way to go about this would be to take out the gradients that the current logo has and the just clean up the lines.

Well with all due respect, I appreciate your opinion and wouldn't want to discredit it, but I wouldn't (and I wouldn't want anybody to) waste their time and go about updating the logo like that! (-: To clarify, even though what you say would indeed be the correct and logical / tasteful next step in the evolution of the logo, it just wouldn't be concept worthy if I didn't really change enough to make it an original concept. Hope that comes off how I want it , cheers for the feedback. I appreciate it.

See, there you go. Sometimes people need to understand that some logos don't need updating, if you can't update them or improve them to make them better or if it isn't a lot then maybe not messing with it is the best choice. I realize you wanted to do a man u concept but seriously its not good, its not an improvement you have made it worse. The man u logo is hard to change because if you think about it only needs a few tweaks

Sounds weird for me to say but I think you're 100% right! Like I said in the OP I had to do the text placement by hand so its not how I'd personally like it but it's close. thanks for the feedback man!

ahh apologies, just looked at the image and didn't really read the post lol. Maybe I'm just a little too eager to offer critiques.

Also, meh, its not that it NEEDS updating, its that its fun to try right? Man U obviously has a classic crest, and I'm not sure which I like better, but I can at least appreciate what you were trying to do here and its a decent attempt.

ahh apologies, just looked at the image and didn't really read the post lol. Maybe I'm just a little too eager to offer critiques.

Also, meh, its not that it NEEDS updating, its that its fun to try right? Man U obviously has a classic crest, and I'm not sure which I like better, but I can at least appreciate what you were trying to do here and its a decent attempt.

Yeah I think you hit the nail on the head. This whole site is for fun . I think its important not look at this or anything on here like you're on the board of directors for the team and need to approve this or not. Its not really what this board is for in the bigger picture and it'd be a shame to see other works shot down or panned because its not 'logical' or based in a professional reality, so-to-speak. There is of course things that could benefit from that angle of criticism. Thanks again for the feedback.

See, there you go. Sometimes people need to understand that some logos don't need updating, if you can't update them or improve them to make them better or if it isn't a lot then maybe not messing with it is the best choice. I realize you wanted to do a man u concept but seriously its not good, its not an improvement you have made it worse. The man u logo is hard to change because if you think about it only needs a few tweaks

Whoa I feel like you're taking this a bit seriously, buddy. I came here for constructive crticism and I really appreciate your attempt at it but lets not lose sight of where we are. I would hope you realize that you're stating a wide majority of your opinion as a factual basis as to why you think this is terrible. I'll be the first to admit that Manchester United is on the bottom of the list of teams that need a rebrand, but you're providing pretty much nothing of value by coming here and saying that this project should have never been attempted. What good do you think that is to me, honestly?

Hypothetically, I wouldn't go on your Arsenal logo and dig into it because I think theres nothing wrong with the current one and that you made it worse. Because its a good attempt for what it is! Fantasy. take care, friend. All being said, would still love your criticisms in the future.

FLEETWOOD TOWN

5Z0k5wq.png

Here's an adjacent project i'm working on branding for, as well. Much smaller team! Its a League One team from England. Great current logo but wanted to modernize it and give it some golden ratio action!

Branding stationary pics to come! Let me know what you think!

I'm not saying there is nothing wrong with the current logo man u has, what I am saying is that your update of their logo isn't good, which it isn't that is fact. What is the point of doing a new logo for them if you aren't going to improve it or make it better. I never said it was terrible, you can make the concept but try to make a better logo, don't just try to mess with something and throw in some crazy design elements that really have no business being there. Yeah its a concept but if you don't take your own concept seriously then how are we supposed to take you seriously. This is C&C

Can both of y'all take a little chill pill. I see 2 infractions here 1) getting defensive 2) being slightly a dick

Both of you are probably thinking your sounding nice, but as is often the case with me and the lady friend, your tone is lost through the medium of text and it's created problems from the beginning of this thread.

If you don't like someones advice, simply ignore it, no need to address it specifically.

If someone disagrees with you, move on to another thread? Some people like more criticism than others. I know personally when I first came on here I didn't take it too well, but recently I like to take criticism until everyone who's in agrees that it's awesome and no further changes are needed.

As far as the fleetwood town update goes, it's sick. The colour scheme is much softer on the eyes than the old one, and it just feels like a great update, although I'm a little confused as to why it feels like there are two anchors now? Other than that though I think it's miles better than their current one.

I'm not saying there is nothing wrong with the current logo man u has, what I am saying is that your update of their logo isn't good, which it isn't that is fact. What is the point of doing a new logo for them if you aren't going to improve it or make it better. I never said it was terrible, you can make the concept but try to make a better logo, don't just try to mess with something and throw in some crazy design elements that really have no business being there. Yeah its a concept but if you don't take your own concept seriously then how are we supposed to take you seriously. This is C&C

I dont really want to continue this. I'll just leave it on the warning that if you state your opinions as fact when criticizing, you're not going to look very helpful or credible. Your entire argument is based on your opinion that i didn't improve anything and you just cant continue to back up what you say with facts because the logic is doomed from the start.

As far as the fleetwood town update goes, it's sick. The colour scheme is much softer on the eyes than the old one, and it just feels like a great update, although I'm a little confused as to why it feels like there are two anchors now? Other than that though I think it's miles better than their current one.

Thank you! I didn't intend to make it look like two anchors so i'm not sure. Its sort of just supposed to be an illusion of a singular anchor, because i wanted to show both black and white.

Archived