MLS Kits 2017 (BONUS: 2016 All Star Game kit posted 3/7)

upperV03

The dark gray is quite popular among the fans, and I think it definitely stands out as a stronger identity than the light blue.  I do like how the 2015/16 version has the light blue numbers that stand out much more than the black on the previous version (which was a lighter gray).

Primary/secondary aside, I like the ideas you have.  Love how you matched up the chevron space with the stripe on the crest.  I love the blue diagonal stripe on the grays, but I think it would work better higher up, perhaps behind the crest.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Mockba said:

The dark gray is quite popular among the fans, and I think it definitely stands out as a stronger identity than the light blue.  I do like how the 2015/16 version has the light blue numbers that stand out much more than the black on the previous version (which was a lighter gray).

Primary/secondary aside, I like the ideas you have.  Love how you matched up the chevron space with the stripe on the crest.  I love the blue diagonal stripe on the grays, but I think it would work better higher up, perhaps behind the crest.

Well you're certainly more in tune with the fan base than I am, so I suppose the designations of primary and secondary could be flipped for the kits that I came up with. As far as the sash on the dark grey kit, the middle of the kit looked very awkward, especially with the sponsor logo cutting into the sash, when i tried putting it behind the crest, and so that it why I settled on its current placement. Thank you very much for your C&C, though, especially since you are an actual fan of the club. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I'm back today with what may be my last concept in this thread (I haven't yet decided if I am going to do 2018, etc.), and it is what someone suggested earlier; the all star game for this season. It's difficult to design the all star game kits now that the MLS has seemingly decided to use generic red white and blue all star kits rather than ones that were inspired by the host team's colors and identity, but I was inspired by the early promotional graphics that the MLS has put out. So for an idea of what the design I used came from, look here:

56ddd60368255_download(2).png.9fab2ba7cf

I decided to take the diagonal stripes from the graphic and put them all over the front of the shirt in gradient fashion. In between the sublimated gradient stripes are thin red diagonal pinstripes, again inspired by the graphic seen above. Although I imagine the real all star game kits this season will have some usage of stars and maple leaves once again, I decided to keep things simple and just give you guys a general idea of what I thought they might look like. I decided on a light blue kit since they did white last season, because it is the color used in many of the MLS' early graphics, and also because it is close to the Quakes' primary color, who is of course hosting the game this season. So without further ado, here is the kit I designed:

MLS2016.png.24243c22221bc2efb608976cf898

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Love it. And like you said i'm a little disapointed that the kits are not inspired by the city/team the game is in but this could well represent the Quakes and be a could work as a primary for them.

This was a great series with some great concepts all over. Can't wait for whatever is next from you!

(NASL kit concepts......)

Archived