LAWeaver

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like all of these concepts. The 4 designs that stand out IMO. Yeah, I will crossover one more time with my comments.

San Jose-  Shoulder cap and Losing the helmet stripe "Grand slam"

Philly- Overall simplicity of the design  "3 Run Bomb that you stand and admire from home plate for a minute"

Phoenix- Aztec pant stripes "Triple that completes hitting for the cycle"

Florida- New logo is a "Winning hit in the bottom of the 9th with a "GATORADE"bath after the game."

Honorable mention

New Jersey- Devils tail helmet and pant stripe. "Being cheered by the fans for getting tossed from the game" Earl Weaver like.

Would like to see Black Jersey and Pants for Flyers.

Blue helmet for the Predators.

Maybe some tiny Blues Notes coming out of the Bell on the trumpet of the St.Louis helmet logo (Blues notes as incentive/performance sticker on the back of the helmet) Think Ohio State. Just a thought.

Alrighty, everyone! It's time for the alternate section of the series! I'll sprinkle in a couple defunct teams in here and there along the way. 

But first, following the release of Conrad's second NHL font pack, I've got a couple updates to start us off. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATES:

ARIZONA COYOTES UPDATE 2:

R56n6ov.png

DFpP4c9.png

LMyTkT6.png

The font I originally used was Big Noodle Tilting, which in retrospect isn't too far off. Still, I'm glad I was able to use the actual font.

The alternate is based off the desert scene uniform used in the early 2000's. 

BUFFALO SABRES UPDATE 2:

iFUMd9J.png

qAxCvUO.png

FKnse9j.png

Swapped out the block font for the one used on their previous gold and navy alternates. I think this works better. 

The alternate is based off the fauxback worn in the early part of the decade before the apron uniform debacle. 

ALTERNATES:(In no particular order)

ANAHEIM DUCKS:

mnDrbYi.png

Based loosely off of their orange alternates from this past season.

NEW YORK ISLANDERS:

PWBHQaw.png

Based on this season's Brooklyn Blackout uniform, with the four sleeve stripes representing the team's 4 Stanley Cups.

FLORIDA PANTHERS:

hFfXBB3.png

I loved working with this one. This is one of my favorite helmets I've ever made.

The helmet has a satin finish and features the new panther blown up on the sides, similar to Boise State or the USFL's Michigan Panthers. 

The navy pants are slightly different from the main set (three-colored stripe instead of two-colored). 

Bottom line: if you hate white, you'll love this set. 

WINTER CLASSIC - CANADIENS @ BRUINS:

2nP9bvT.png

Normally, a logo on the front of a football jersey would seem like something out of the 90's, but it's happened before... just a very long time ago.

However, some college teams (in my opinion) have done it quite well, such as the University of Michigan.

I've decided to do the same with the Canadiens' Winter Classic-inspired alternate uniform. 

Using the new fonts released by Conrad, I took inspiration from the Winter Classic uniforms and pieced together this throwback-inspired matchup.

See the Bruins' individual image HERE, and the Canadiens' HERE.

I don't wanna throw everything out there right off the bat, but if you want more alternates, CLICK HERE to see my Imgur page with a couple others, including: 

Los Angeles, Columbus, Edmonton, Calgary, Colorado, Carolina & Chicago!

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Gonna give this a quick bump as I post a preview of what's to come:

tqYipSR.png

Not pictured: Tampa Bay, Toronto, Detroit, Nashville, NY Rangers, LA, Edmonton, Washington, Winnipeg, Calgary, & Carolina.

Detroit & Nashville may not have alternates. Detroit's a pretty classic brand that has rarely had/needed an alternate, and Nashville hasn't had an alternate in years. I'll try and think of something for them, but no promises. 

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Here's the next batch of alternates. C+C Is greatly appreciated!

VANCOUVER CANUCKS

OMzbvuD.png

Like the Canadiens' set, the chest logo seemed to work the best. However, I needed something more. 

That's when I looked to the internet for inspiration and remembered Texas A&M's alternate leather helmet.

Since the Millionaires played during the 1910's and 20's, I knew a leather helmet-style pattern was necessary.

PITTSBURGH PENGUINS

STg5AF5.png

NynaH9w.png

This was some of the most fun I've ever had making a concept.

Since I used a mish-mash of eras for the primary sets, I wanted to use an era I never even touched: the Double Blue era.

Obviously, I had to make some changes to the logo, as a hockey-playing penguin on a football helmet wasn't going to work.

That's where the football-playing penguin comes into play.

DALLAS STARS:

wp3fM4Y.png

Simply made a black version of the primary set. This is the only alternate set that can use two sets of pants.

MINNESOTA WILD:

LvywlRw.png

Added a stripe and the script logo to the helmet and made a red version of the primary jersey.

SAN JOSE SHARKS:

2gkKHAx.png

Shark fin and waves from the primary sleeves move up to the helmet, the primary logo is faded on the sleeves and paired with a black set of britches.

Like the team's actual black alternate, orange is nowhere in sight

I love pretty much all of these (except the Islanders black, but that's more of their fault than yours). Your retro ones are incredible. That Canadiens jersey might be my favorite in this thread, but I also love the Millionaires jersey and the Penguins, especially with your custom logo. Really great choice to go with the leather helmet look for Vancouver. The only one I have a suggestion for is the Sharks. The helmet looks great and I like the logo being subliminated on the sleeve cap, but I feel like there's something missing. Maybe a teal collar? 

Thanks for the comments everyone. Hopefully I can get some more C+C on this next batch, starting right now:

LOS ANGELES KINGS:

Xd3LmI7.png

Simply used the rejected purple & gold color scheme and used it as an alternate for a combination of eras.

COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS:

RvFxCRO.png

Used the Union Blue alternate's colors and applied them to the home uniform.

COLORADO AVALANCHE:

CPEGLq9.png

Based off of their new navy alternates. 

CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS:

qaIYRG2.png

Introduced a black helmet and made the striping patterns thicker similar to their Stadium Series sweaters from this season.

CALGARY FLAMES:

upvdNqf.png

Throwback to the 80's. Basically the NHL's version of the Kansas City Chiefs.

Let's make it a double, shall we?

CAROLINA HURRICANES:

mq672RS.png

Black version of their home uniform.

White has been removed from the stripes in place of a thicker black stripe and the logo is sublimated on the helmet. 

EDMONTON OILERS:

Nfn3qQZ.png

Orange helmet & jersey inspired by the team's current alternate.

OTTAWA SENATORS:

JuP1EHv.png

Inspired by the Barbershop Pole alternates.

PHILADELPHIA FLYERS:

lJTVlLs.png

Based off of this season's orange alternates (Which are one of my favorite alterntaes in the NHL, BTW).

ST. LOUIS BLUES:

rgkGtvo.png

Royal blue is gone in this set and navy blue is the prominent color. 

The trumpet is over-sized on the helmet and the sleeve stripes represent the Gateway Arch

TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS:

.qzCnKLM.png

Throwin' it back to the days of the St. Pats. 

Still to come: Detroit, Nashville, NY Rangers, Tampa Bay, Washington, Winnipeg.

Totally geeking out about the Penguins throwback logo -- love it!

Really enjoying the alternate uniforms -- particularly the Flames, Flyers and Panthers. Kind of a Michigan Panthers inspired look for Florida, very nice.

How about an Atlanta Flames "flaming A" throwback for Calgary? That's always been one of my personal favorites.

22eb89183f6e207bcbce03d4e0b1474d.jpg

Let's stick a fork in this and call it "meh, almost done":

DETROIT RED WINGS:

Mp4gQki.png

Inspired by their 2014 Winter Classic jerseys. The font isn't exact, but it's close enough and still has the old-timey feel to it.

NASHVILLE PREDATORS:

wI6XD0b.png

No white in the uniform at all.

The All-Star font is used since Nashville was the host this year.

the guitar pick logo is featured on the helmet.

The checkered pattern comes from the team's last alternate used before the rebrand.

NEW YORK RANGERS:

pLDXnbu.png

At first I wanted to use Lady Liberty, but now I'm thinking the thin shield that goes with the team's navy alternates would've been better.

Other than the logo, I'm pretty satisfied with how this one turned out.

TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING:

mmQIyQf.png

Black version of their home uniform, only the sleeve caps remain blue.

WASHINGTON CAPITALS (2 OPTIONS):

Throwback:

IvFYzJp.png

Threw it back to the team's original uniform. I changed the "t" from a hockey stick to the Washington Monument.

Fauxback:

YOmaFq5.png

Just finished making this one. I wasn't completely sold on the throwback, so I whipped this up as an alternate to the alternate, so to speak.

WINNIPEG JETS:

Mf9Cf4Z.png

Technically this is a fauxback since the original Jets are now the Coyotes.

Still, I applied the old striping pattern & colors to this uniform and recolored the current logo. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Up next: Wrapping things up with some Defunct Teams, including the Thrashers, Whalers, Golden Seals, Nordiques, and North Stars! 

Finally, the last portion of this project, a look at some of the NHL's defunct teams:

ATLANTA THRASHERS:

kmYQ48p.png

Side panels, ATLANTA down the leg, too many colors... the ugliest team in NHL history as a football uniform.

CALIFORNIA GOLDEN SEALS:

XVf1bEg.png

Not sure why, but I've always liked the Golden Seals' identity. It's probably the teal and gold combination. Too bad they weren't successful.

HARTFORD WHALERS:

S9h6RVF.png

Perhaps the most beloved logo in CCSLC history appears on a football helmet.

Never did I realize until now that the Whalers were basically a green & blue version of the Blackhawks.

MINNESOTA NORTH STARS:

p6SJa64.png

Perhaps one of the more controversial identities in CCSLC history, the North Stars are revived & ready for the gridiron.

I wasn't sure about the stars on the pants - I'm still not sure either - but I think I'll keep them seeing as how they're historically accurate.

QUEBEC NORDIQUES:

kgz0niz.png

The hockey-playing elephant-igloo-lowercase-n logo isn't used due to that first bit of information. Instead, the Fleur-de-lis takes its place.

...aaaaaaaannnnnd that'll do it for me here. Thanks to everyone who commented and offered feedback. This was really fun.

As for what's to come: I'll be updating my MLB crossovers and putting them on the newer template.

Look for a potential NBA crossover series in the future! 

Archived