LAWeaver

On 5/7/2016 at 11:08 PM, KittSmith_95 said:

The only helmet I don't get is the one for the Canucks.

You went with the Hartford Whalers Whale tale and the Canucks hockey stick I guess. You're right about the center stripe. It is vertical in one view and horizontal in another. It might make a better whalers throwback minus the stripe with Hartford  colors.

My suggestion for this one would be to think Seattle Seahawks. The mouth and eye portion of the Canuks whale might accomplish the look you are going for. Right now it looks very Michigan Wolverines. Is that what you were going for? Try using some of these and post it. I am curious as to how others feel about my suggestions.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, The Nati MacDaddy said:

You went with the Hartford Whalers Whale tale and the Canucks hockey stick I guess. You're right about the center stripe. It is vertical in one view and horizontal in another. It might make a better whalers throwback minus the stripe with Hartford  colors.

My suggestion for this one would be to think Seattle Seahawks. The mouth and eye portion of the Canuks whale might accomplish the look you are going for. Right now it looks very Michigan Wolverines. Is that what you were going for? Try using some of these and post it. I am curious as to how others feel about my suggestions.

Say what? Apparently people don't follow the links in the descriptions... Or they don't even read my descriptions.

This is what I was going for:

images (1).jpg

GOUbiTJ.jpg

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

My apologies. I saw the post but neglected to read the link. You nailed it for the Texas AM throwback.

It's kinda neat how this looks like a whale tale. The perspective shown doesn't quite show the letter "T" in the striping but I get it now. Thanks and I'll make sure I read the entire post with links included next time. Just curious as to why you stayed with the T stripe. Back view of the helmet needs to have the T stripe fixed. V stripe might work. What do you think?

I love the designs for the Whalers, North Stars and Nordiques -- all nicely rendered. The Whalers kind of reminds me of the 1983 Washington Federals (USFL). Would love to see the all-blue Nordiques road look.

Now you REALLY need an Atlanta Flames uniform to wash away the bad taste of the Thrashers' awful set! :)

22eb89183f6e207bcbce03d4e0b1474d.jpg

• 1 year later...

Don't call it a comeback... but I'm back with a couple updates!

With the Vegas Golden Knights on a tear in their inaugural season, I figured it was time to see what they would look like as a football team. 
oAefVDw.png

4XFprrY.png

• Jerseys aren't too different from the real deal
  • Main difference is a gold helmet and pants because they made the most sense given the team name
  • White pants included in the rotation

I also decided to update my Panthers concept seeing as how their identity was unveiled about a month or two after this series ended about 20 months ago.

YXK4i6d.png

xkq8RHZ.png

• Kept things traditional and clean with the home uniform using only one pants combination while the road uniform looks good with multiple options
  • Jerseys and numbers are a near direct transition minus the chest stripe
  • White helmet used as the primary compared to the navy lid used in the original concept
  • Changed things up a bit using the flag-panther logo on the helmet

I'm in between jobs at the moment so I might go back and make a few tweaks, mainly to those who had uniform updates when Adidas took control.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Just now, raysox said:

This was really cool to look through Logan, definitely solid all around and I can't think of anything I would change!

Thanks Michael! I appreciate it. Hard to believe it's been nearly two years since I last posted in this thread. Hoping to get into some more concepts until I can find work.

Archived